Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Characters who always have bad episodes.

CastletonSnob

This is for any show right? If so, I have an absolutely great candidate:

Motherf***ing GABI from Attack on Titan, season 4. 

To not spoil anything, I'll simply say that this character is absolutely abysmal. From the moment she appeared on screen and started speaking, I hated her immensely. She is entirely one note and so poorly written that I cannot for the life of me think of any reason why she was included, other than for some bullshit parallel to Eren that doesnt even make sense. Anytime she is on screen in the first half of the season, she is terrible and the season NEVER makes her good in any way. This really gave me a horrible impression on season 4 and it brings the experience down a lot. There are some amazing episodes in the first half, but those are episodes where Gabi is entirely absent. The worst episodes by far are the ones that focus on her. Also, she does something that is 100% unforgivable. Many people seemed to hate her from that moment. For me, I hated her from the beginning. It was that one moment that cemented that hatred forever. If the writers seriously try to make us like her in the second half and try to redeem her in some way, they can take that idea and f**k right off with it. She will never be likable. 

Out of all media that I've seen in my life, Gabi is very likely my most hated character of all time, no joke. That's one hell of an accomplishment, if you want to call it that. 

I wouldn't say they were "bad", but I didn't enjoy Discord's episodes AT ALL after he was reformed in Friendship is Magic.   

I just felt like he became a one-note reference joke character and that made Discord boring and annoying to me. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I wouldn't say they were "bad", but I didn't enjoy Discord's episodes AT ALL after he was reformed in Friendship is Magic.   

I just felt like he became a one-note reference joke character and that made Discord boring and annoying to me. 

I agree with you 100%, my friend. He really should have stayed as a villain.

Edited by lyrabetes3939
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Why would the writers tried to reformed him is beyond me.:unamused:

6 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The Student Six of course. Awful characters in awful episodes. :dry:

Yeah, I don't like them either.:yeahno:

• Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, lyrabetes3939 said:

Oh, and of course the Student Six. They were some of the worst excuses for characters that Hasbro ever came up with.

I agree. Those characters only existed for brownie points.

Honestly you can find s handful of decent episodes for a good majority of characters even ones typically disliked by their show's fanbase like Peggy Hill(honestly a few of her episodes at her worst have been some of the funniest like Lupe's Revenge)

But Yeah, I'm hella biased and gonna echo Discord, ever since he got reformed, episodes with him as the focus just got worse and worse, and made even moreso retroactively with S9. Only good episode I can think of is Discordant Harmony,  both because it's completely different from the typical Discord formula and for once doesn't rely entirely on him being a giant douchebag, and unfortunately the episode amounted to nothing. And the worst part of it is I'm positive the writers actually thought this was fun and endearing, given he always got away with everything. Even other stuff outside the main show like the Comic and Pony Life suffer from this

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The Student Six of course. Awful characters in awful episodes. :dry:

You know they really effed something up in MLP when @TomDaBombMLP hates it!  :ButtercupLaugh:

For me it's Discord.  Never really cared for him after he was reformed so that's probably a lot of why I feel that way with his episodes.  I haven't seen Season 8-9 yet so the opinion may change after the Student Six though.   From what I hear about them. 

• Brohoof 2

Discord, after he got reformed, obviously. Seriously, why would the writers trying to reformed him again?:unamused:

As much as I hate to say it, but it seems like Rainbow Dash get the short end of the stick, most of the time. She supposed to the loyalist pony of all Equestria. Yet, the writers has to make her A. a egotist or B. completely selfish. Which sucks because I really love Dashie as a character.:(

Don't get me started on Spike. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

*cough Eren Yeager.

honestly I get it how the author wants to make his character like Anakin to Darth Vader, but this character is just plain annoying and irritating. Unlike Anakin, I see nothing more then  Eren becoming a shitty douche and a cry baby throughout his development. His reasons has no absolute justification for his actions other then “oh I’m just angry with the world let’s blow it to kingdom come”. Like I could list so many characters who gone through the same shit or worse as him and you don’t see them taking a course of actions as he did.

Basically I don’t like it how this character is so self-pity and thinks he’s has to be the only one carry the weight of the world. You’re not. He cares for his friends, well that ain’t no excuse to what he did. What makes me more cringed is when there’s other characters who actually look up to him and  follows his idiotic ideals. Like really?  

Even towards the end of the manga that fucking bastard didn’t even admit his wrong, and ended up getting glorified for his action and getting justification for it. And making up more stupid excuses. I don’t ship him and Mikasa, fucking toxic. I don’t want to spoiled anymore for the ending but all I will say is because of Eren, he literally made it far worse for the Eldien. His actions and choices made no good significant changes for the future or anything of that other then-

Spoiler

Removing Titans from the world. I’m so fucking happy and glad he die.

While I can appreciated this complicated character  that the author was trying to approach, but I think it didn’t sit right for me. Eren is by far my most hated character who gets worse and worse for many bad reasons. If the approach is more like Anakin to Vader then I would have like him better.

One thing I really remember was with Yokai watch, the manjimutt/jinmenken episodes. The Komasan episodes were great, it had an interesting side story going on. Not only that Komasan is a cute character with a cute personality, along with Komajiro. It was a nice distraction from the main story.

I couldn’t even sit through the manjimutt/jinmenken episodes. Those sections I always skipped. Everything about that character was unappealing to me personally. 

• 4 months later...

All the Student Six slander smh makes me upset ;-; /hj (half joking)

I'm really not one to think that certain characters always have bad episodes, I'd only say Flurry Heart only cause I didn't care for the Crystalling. (Really the only season opener I dislike)

Hey Arnold!  

The Eugene episodes, he gets hurt at the end of many of his episodes:smolder:  

The Sid episodes, he's a bigger jerk than Harold:glimmer:  

One episode had The Jolly Olly Man learning a good lesson:mlp_smile: but goes back to being a jerk in later episodes:mlp_gag:  

The episodes about Oscar the laid back adult:unsure: who steals Grandpa Phil's ice cream:angry:  

Any bad Arnold centered episodes?  I would like to know about them:mlp_huh:  

Don't get me started on the Lila episodes:bea: