Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would ponies be a good war asset in the Mass Effect universe?

Bendy

(edited)

It be one hell of a mod. Would ponies be a good war asset in the Mass Effect universe to stop the Reapers?

Let's consider some scenarios. Shepard in Mass Effect 3 finds new allies to help stop the Reapers. Gets Princess Celestia as a squadmate. She's enhanced with Mass Effect technology, biotics (on top of her magic) and a strong, regenerating kinetic barrier. (she can even summon a magical shield as a further buff to her defences. She can also give magic shields to nearby allies) Immune to Reaper indoctrination, and can even heal those who affected by Reaper indoctrination.

Discord? (he's basically a cheat... let's say Discord still stone or whatever) only used maybe as a last resort.

Now, let's consider, human making contact with ponies (before the events of Mass Effect 1) when they used their first Mass Effect Relay. Friendly relations happen, technology is shared. The Royal Guard are for example have a much larger force, have guns, biotics, generating kinetic barriers. The first Contact War still happens with turians when ponies and human try use a dormant Mass Effect Relay, except this time they piss both humanity and ponies off. Before things can go totally out of control, peace is established. However, ponies and humans are somewhat bitter towards turians. The turians are bitter too, since they lost a lot harder this time with the human and pony alliance. 

The Normandy ship is now even more advanced (and magical) even in Mass Effect 1. It's made by humans, ponies, and turians. Shepard has some pony squadmates, which he has the chance to romance and fight along side with. XD What pony squadmates would you like your Shepard to woo and fight with? Don't judge Shepard, he or she (whoever you pick) loves the aliens. That may include pony aliens. 

In Mass Effect 2, this stronger Normandy is able to take on the Collectors and not get blown up in the first place. XD

Edited by Bendy

• The title was changed to Would ponies be a good war asset in the Mass Effect universe?

I once wrote a rather successful crossover where pony magic (Harmony) was particularly effective against the Reapers. They were uplifted and their magic went into FOE grounds with magitronic systems and megaspells. (I say ponies, but the entirety of the creature cast was involved). It was pretty fun and I did my best not to overdo stuff. Honestly, I think that they having this sort of 'magic bullet' against the reapers could work.