Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

[OFFICIAL] General Shipping Discussion Thread

The Wife of Giyu

So many topics have been made asking what other’s favorite and least favorite ships are.
This has resulted in many locks & merges. 

This is the official thread to discuss favored, not so favored ships, and shipping in MLP in general.

(Threads created discussing specific ships are okay)

• Brohoof 2

Dislestia and Darizotl fo lyfe, yo! Featuring some of my own art:

666CACAA-822F-40DE-8137-BFC154E1D202.thumb.png.ab6528e9c4fb0a5f330928db313c0518.png

C05795AA-2282-46F9-BD18-432F763EF019.thumb.png.60e476a27d72d2fdb9331904dc56ac64.png

EDIT: I’m not super comfortable discussing my HATED ships, because I don’t like the conflict with people. But any kid x adult ships is a HUGE NOPE from me.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

Though I am not super into shipping, there are a few ships I do like. The main one I like is Soarindash. I think these two work very well together, and seeing their interactions throughout the show solidify this for me. Plus there is a comic which really shows these two having a great dynamic. If it were up to me, I would've implied these two in a ship at the end. As for other ships I am fond of, my recent reading of the Legends of Magic series have made me ship Flash Magnus and Sonambula together. Then there are others like Scootaloo X Rumble, Skystinger X Vapor Trail, and Cloudchaser/Flitter X Thunderlane (I like the idea of these two fighting over Thunderlane XD). There are probably others I enjoy, but these are just the ones that came to my head.

As for ships I dislike, there are probably many little ships here and there I don't like, but one of the big one is actually a general one. I don't like to ship the main six together. I just feel that shipping these ponies together ruins their friendship dynamic. So yeah, I'm not really a fan of any of those ships (if I were to pick a favorite though, it would be Flutterdash).

1 hour ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Thorax x Ember

I'm gonna ship Ember with Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer because Ember can't tell the difference! :devious:

I also ship Twilight Sparkle with bacon because in my headcanon Twilight loves bacon more than anything! :ticking:

IMG_0072.gif.31deb8dc9185f0d5d250adb005516b8d.gifc

• Laugh 1
  • Hug 1

Badges

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm gonna ship Ember with Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer because Ember can't tell the difference! :devious:

I also ship Twilight Sparkle with bacon because in my headcanon Twilight loves bacon more than anything! :ticking:

IMG_0072.gif.31deb8dc9185f0d5d250adb005516b8d.gifc

I can not argue with this logic.

• Brohoof 1

main favorites:

• twiluna (twilestia also cute), honestly i like any twilight x mane 5 member ships too, twilight just has a lot of cute ships tbh
  • appleshy, which i wish got more love, i will go down with this ship!

ec33700fda2e0be622179c97080949ff6003e3d8.png

• Brohoof 1

I used to be all in on Rarijack, but nowadays I'm a huge fan of TwiPie. They balance each other out pretty much perfectly. Honorable mentions go to RariPie and RariLight.

Badges

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve always been an avid Appledash lover. :mlp_icwudt: RD and AJ have the best dynamic in the series in my opinion. 

77791DD9-17AE-4CB7-A4B7-138307ACA2E3.jpeg.94442ca1f98fc613dd70b96a2fa60f3b.jpeg

TwiDash is cute too though, I’ve recently developed a love for that ship. 
Another favorite of mine is Lightning Dust x Thunderlane. 

E8A6AF05-39E4-4083-8AAD-E179D7E6CD55.thumb.jpeg.08023bda37e59eb3f9faa74d74c8b5ce.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

Badges

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

As of now, I'm a multishipper for most of the mane six. As in, I'm fine with multiple pairings for each of the mane six.

I do have preferences, however. 

Pinkie:

My favorite is definitely TwiPie, but RariPie is a close second. I actually really like Pinkie with any of the mane six except Applejack, though I have softened on that ship. If we're talking Pinkie ships outside of the mane six, I think the main one is PinkieMac. All it took was Candy Apple and now I'm all in. I still don't like CheesePie though. TwiPie was robbed!

Rarity:

My favorite is RariPie which is a big difference than before. I used to be all in on RariJack, but things have changed. I still like RariJack, but the old RariJack stories that I loved back then mostly haven't aged well. Way back when I first started reading MLP fanfics, I was a big fan of Sparity. I read Of Age (which might've actually been the first long MLP fic I read) and a lot of the other big Sparity stories and liked them. Now I think that ship is creepy as hell. My second favorite Rarity ship after RariPie is RariTwi, but I don't think I'll ever be able to read another RariTwi fic ever again.

Applejack:

RariJack is probably my favorite ship for Applejack even though I don't like it as much as I used to.  I'm a bit more supportive of AppleDash now after recently reading some good fics. When Earth Meets Sky made me like AppleShy more than I used to. 

Fluttershy:

Poor Fluttershy is definitely the character I care the least about in terms of shipping. There are some pretty great FlutterPie stories out there and I already mentioned that I'm more into AppleShy than I used to be, but that's about it. I can't see her shipped with Rarity or Rainbow Dash as anything more than friends. I guess FlutterMac is fine?

Rainbow Dash: 

I like most of Dash's ships in the mane six. My favorite is probably RariDash even if there aren't as many good RariDash fics as PinkieDash and AppleDash. I'm also open to SoarinDash because of their Friends Forever comic.

Twilight:

Twilight is the only one of the mane six that I'm not a multishipper for. I don't know why, but I can't see her with anyone other than Pinkie. I acknowledge that other ships with Twilight make sense, but I can't read them or else it makes me irrationally angry. I totally understand why people ship stuff like TwiLuna and TwiDash, but I can't. I used to really like RariTwi, but I just can't read it anymore. I don't care that Injuring Eternity is one of the best MLP fanfics ever. I'm never going to read it ever again. I've heard great things about Twilight's List, but I just can't bring myself to read it.

I do like SciSet though.

Edited by bigbertha

Badges

I don't ship that much anymore - there's only a couple ships I'm onboard with that aren't unambiguously canon. I first got into shipping with AppleDash, because they had so many fun moments early on. I picked up Sunset Shimmer/Twilight Sparkle shipping in Rainbow Rocks and never made the switch to Sci-Twi. Somewhere around the middle of the show I had a shipping phase where I was happy to consider a variety of ships; I never gave up on AppleDash entirely, but there was a short period where I was into RariDash, mostly based on "Rarity Investigates" from season 5. 

Then none of my favourite ships got much attention in the last three or four seasons, and I sort of gave up on shipping altogether. It wasn't just because the ones I liked weren't popular; one of the things I always found refreshing in this show, even when I was a shipper, is that the main characters were single and most of them were okay with that. Though I still liked looking at AppleDash fan art from time to time.

Then that finale came along. I liked that CheesePie was canon; that was always a good ship. Also Applejack and Rainbow Dash were talking about chores for some reason? That resurrected my interest in AppleDash big time. Meanwhile I'm in a weird place with FlutterCord where I accept it as canon but still don't really like it. I don't really ship Twilight or Rarity anymore, but I would like to imagine that at least the latter is married. I just don't know who she's married to. 

• The Wife of Giyu changed the title to [OFFICIAL] General Shipping Thread
  • 1 month later...

Personally I'm into a lot of wlw mane six pairings (At the age of twelve I headcanoned all of the mane six as lesbians but it took me several more years to realize I was one)

I'm open to a lot of mane six ships

Flutterdash

this was my first real serious ship. I still love it and find it very sweet

Rarijack

they're very different but I think they work as a couple. They're cute.

Twipie

Bookish girl with a hyper party girl,, really cute and sweet. Love it.

Twidash

Jock and nerd couple. Also very cute and sweet imo.

Pinkiedash 

they've had a lot of cute interactions and I think their energy levels would match up with each other. Very cute.

Twijack

I just think they had a lot of nice interactions. Farmer girl and library GF. Very cute.

Honestly I can find most mane six pairings cute. I just want sweet wlw ponies.

• The Wife of Giyu changed the title to [OFFICIAL] General Shipping Discussion Thread