Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 pic for Friendship Day.

CastletonSnob

Nice and everything, but doesn't it seem like Hitch might seem like a teensy bit of an afterthought? He looks just put on there in the back with an existing render, where the other four seem to be more in one.

• Brohoof 2

Well, it's better than the last image we got of the characters (the one with the weird expressions). Overall they look alright. That being said, I have some issues with the pegasus wing design (mainly looking at Zipp's). They really just look too big and pointy on the small pony bodies; hanging pretty far off of the pony's flank. It just looks really weird to me, and I still much prefer the look of them on G4 (Andy Price also draws them pretty well). This all probably just sounds weird and nitpicky, but I am just a huge fan of FiM's pegasi and their design :laugh:. I really want to see some side/background characters from the movie so I can see whether or not these aspects of pony design are widespread or just exclusive to the main characters.

• Brohoof 1

Better than the previous one for sure, but Hitch is looking high as hell in this one. I am still waiting for an image like this that makes him look really cute. It's always gotta be the female characters that get the more cutesy look. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Toastypk said:

Nice and everything, but doesn't it seem like Hitch might seem like a teensy bit of an afterthought? He looks just put on there in the back with an existing render, where the other four seem to be more in one.

Got the exact same vibe. The other four ponies are showing energy and hugging each other while Hitch is just "chilling in the background". 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Landi said:

Well, it's better than the last image we got of the characters (the one with the weird expressions). Overall they look alright. That being said, I have some issues with the pegasus wing design (mainly looking at Zipp's). They really just look too big and pointy on the small pony bodies; hanging pretty far off of the pony's flank. It just looks really weird to me, and I still much prefer the look of them on G4 (Andy Price also draws them pretty well). This all probably just sounds weird and nitpicky, but I am just a huge fan of FiM's pegasi and their design :laugh:. I really want to see some side/background characters from the movie so I can see whether or not these aspects of pony design are widespread or just exclusive to the main characters.

I'm more curious about the giant difference between Pipp and Zipp's wings.

People have actually come up with a theory about Pipp's wings that I have zero idea is going to be in the show, but people have noticed they look very cloud-like compared to regular looking pegasi.

People have thought then, are those some sort of artificial cloud-augmented wings? Almost like she had a Scootaloo-like impairment.

Dr. Wolf has a video about it and says that would work with the whole theme of inclusion, how Sunny wouldn't have a problem with Pipp being different because of that or something.

...but it's all just an elaborate theory, and maybe it's really just nothing.

Edited by Toastypk

19 minutes ago, Toastypk said:

I'm more curious about the giant difference between Pipp and Zipp's wings.

People have actually come up with a theory about Pipp's wings that I have zero idea is going to be in the show, but people have noticed they look very cloud-like compared to regular looking pegasi.

People have thought then, are those some sort of artificial cloud-augmented wings? Almost like she had a Scootaloo-like impairment.

Dr. Wolf has a video about it and says that would work with the whole theme of inclusion, how Sunny wouldn't have a problem with Pipp being different because of that or something.

...but it's all just an elaborate theory, and maybe it's really just nothing.

Yeah, I've heard of that theory too. I don't think it will be the case since feathers can be seen up close in Pipp's wings. My only real guess is that she was born with those wings, but then it would seem strange that her wings ended up much differently then her sister's. Pipp's wings are kind of confusing thing at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

I heard that Friendship Day is the first Sunday in August so that basically means there's a one in seven chance every year that my birthday will fall on the same day as Friendship Day

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Are we gonna see them frown anytime soon? Or anything other than a kind of creepy smile. :blink:

They cannot stay happy all the time, can they? :derp:

That link took me to a huge webpage cookies notification. I was not able to see anything, but I take people's words for it! :pistachio:

They are always smiling in these official renders. Surely we're going to see some other emotions come up eventually.

• Brohoof 1

Cool pic! The smiles aren't really the best out there, but at least they aren't frowning or showing angry faces. XD

On 2021-06-09 at 10:29 AM, ExplosionMare said:

Hitch has become the new Spike :(

Star Wars Reaction GIF

• Brohoof 1