Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The marketing for G5 has sucked.

CastletonSnob

Hasbro and Netflix have dropped the ball when it comes to promoting the G5 movie. The movie comes out in 3 months, and we don't have a trailer, or even a voice cast list.

Why is the marketing team for G5 so incompetent?

I agree. It is abysmal that the marketing team behind this movie haven't really done a good job of providing a clue as to how the movie and voice actors will be to increase hype before the movie releases on Netflix. I was hoping that it would show up this week because of the Geeked Week event that Netflix was having, but sadly it didn't. It makes me think that either A) there is trouble on the production side of things that delays the release of anything pertaining to information or B) Hasbro is not very confident in pushing this out to the public in fear of how we would respond to it. Regardless, it still is important to provide something to us in order to help us feel confident that this movie will succeed. The 2017 movie had a problem with marketing, but it at least released trailers and VA lists years before it actually premiered. They can only keep posting promotional material with toys and renders for so long. Hopefully that changes at some point.

I legit had to tell a friend who was excited for the G5 movie that the movie wasn't even getting a theatrical release but a Netflix release. Combine that with the way they've treated Hitch in some of the marketing and I have to say that I'm not impressed. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah where's the trailer already? I want to see more pony! :glimmer:

51 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

the movie wasn't even getting a theatrical release but a Netflix release.

I didn't know that until now lol I actually thought it was going to be released in theaters and then the rest of G5 would be on Netflix. :awwthanks:

Yeah, the marketing has been pretty crappy. It seems like all we really get are little Facebook posts and magazine ads. There's not even a trailer yet, and we still don't know who the voice cast will be. It's crazy to think that this movie is just over three months away, and we still don't have too much to go off of. At this point, I just hope we at least have some sort of trailer by the end of this month.

• Brohoof 5

Heck, I wouldn't mind it if they put little youtube clips on their channel to help us get used to the characters since they promised content on there as well.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I legit had to tell a friend who was excited for the G5 movie that the movie wasn't even getting a theatrical release but a Netflix release. Combine that with the way they've treated Hitch in some of the marketing and I have to say that I'm not impressed. :maud:

full.jpg

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Why is the marketing team for G5 so incompetent?

Netflix user base - 207.64 million paid subscribersworldwide as of the first quarter of 2021

They don’t need to advertise. Netflix barely advertises its original content outside of fandom based outlets, but shows and movies are still visualized when they are new very strongly. 

Hasbro needs to fix its toy distribution issue, not this. The show advertises the toys and visa versa. The Hasbro pickings are slim on shelves and have been even before 2020. 

• Brohoof 3

59 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Hasbro needs to fix its toy distribution issue, not this. The show advertises the toys and visa versa. The Hasbro pickings are slim on shelves and have been even before 2020. 

FOR REAL. I’M TIRED SEEKING AT MY LOCAL WALMART AND TARGET ONLY TO SEE NO PONY TOYS :Cozy:. Where the hay are my cutie mark crew series 5 and 6, plus new Horse Life toys anyway :scoots:?

• Brohoof 1

Us complaining about the trailer proves, that them making us crave for it works.

And sometimes putting a trailer too early can be bad ...especially to us fandoms..... We just so clips of gen 5 and we already have complains and going mad.... What if a trailer came out..... We'd be causing "world war 3: brony wars"

• Brohoof 1

As a toy company, Hasbro needs to focus on that first as Jeric has stated. Once that has been taken care of, the rest of it will fall into place.

Maybe they know it will suck so they're not showing the public that they have any confidence in it. :P

But seriously, they need to get their act together. :dry: Not once during this whole thing have I been even remotely excited or amped up into wanting to seeing it. :sealed: I'm already sick to death of looking at their not-so-pretty faces because we've only seen them in either very similar or identical poses. :mlp_wat: They're just not as pretty to look at or as cute as G4. My interest in it dropped dramatically when I first saw that they now have phones as well so for me, it's also got that working against building up any excitement for me. :yuck:

There's no hype because they're not generating it enough. :proud:

• Brohoof 6

It definitely feels like theres been little to no fanfare for what is the start of a new generation. Considering how insanely successful G4 was, one would think G5 would get the fireworks display and all that. Instead it all has felt kinda....flaccid. I want to be excited for it but it is kinda tough to be when the company itself doesnt seem too thrilled. Even if Netflix doesnt need to advertise, which they dont, I dont get why there isnt a huge marketing push from Hasbro themselves. 

16 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Combine that with the way they've treated Hitch in some of the marketing and I have to say that I'm not impressed. 

Seriously, where the hell is my cute Hitch stuff? :yeahno:

• Brohoof 5

I'm surprised there's not alot of marketing for G5. Maybe Hasbro is just simply busy on other things. I do hope we can get something by the end of this month or early next month.  

• Brohoof 4

On 2021-06-11 at 8:26 PM, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

Don’t Netflix-exclusive shows need less marketing to begin with?

21 hours ago, Jeric said:

They don’t need to advertise. Netflix barely advertises its original content outside of fandom based outlets, but shows and movies are still visualized when they are new very strongly. 

How are 207.64 million Netflix users going to develop the desire to watch G5 if there are no trailers or advertisements? There needs to be at least some hype, or else G5 will just be overlooked. Giving an audience a movie is good but showing small pieces of that movie produces anticipation, hype, and desire, which yields a much better reception.

21 hours ago, Jeric said:

Hasbro needs to fix both issues, although I doubt they are going to fix either.

• Brohoof 4

Sorry if I am kind of oblivious about what is going on, but what is going on with Hitch? (Also, I do find it kind of strange how they seem really quiet about it despite the fact that it would only be on Netflix. I just hope it lives up to people's expectations.)

I think they might have begun the G5 leaks too early. Those pillow cases were a difficult situation for Hasbro, as they needed to protect their characters, having an expensive production with them. But why are they keeping the movie stuff hidden now? Are they expecting problems or delays? I feel like there might be a delay.

Getting people hyped, and then running into problems in production, might be a big issues. But if it is not that? Maybe they are trying the G4 way? How did they advertise G4? I don't remember, but it was somewhat very successful :nom:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

I think they might have begun the G5 leaks too early. Those pillow cases were a difficult situation for Hasbro, as they needed to protect their characters, having an expensive production with them. But why are they keeping the movie stuff hidden now? Are they expecting problems or delays? I feel like there might be a delay.

Getting people hyped, and then running into problems in production, might be a big issues. But if it is not that? Maybe they are trying the G4 way? How did they advertise G4? I don't remember, but it was somewhat very successful :nom:

Smart..... And true.

we don't know what's happening at hasbro, the problems and difficulties they are having inside... It may be true that hasbro is doing badly at promoting gen 5. But we need to ask ourselves now...why? Or are they really promoting it badly? 

I mean them giving leaks hyped us up... I see that a good lure of promoting. You didn't even need a trailer to let alot of people know that a movie is coming... And putting a trailer IS expensive. So saving money good... Putting out leaks rather than a trailer... Not as effective, BUT cheaper....

It's really hard to judge someone or something really.

And this'll also show hasbro how many fans they still have for mlp all together.

As others have said, Nexflix probably don't need to do a lot of advertising. It is frustrating though...I keep reading Equestria Daily every day in the hope that a trailer will finally appear, but it's been a long wait.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Solar Power said:

As others have said, Nexflix probably don't need to do a lot of advertising. It is frustrating though...I keep reading Equestria Daily every day in the hope that a trailer will finally appear, but it's been a long wait.

For real. I want constant news about horse like when G4 was around :dry:

• Brohoof 2