Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle with a BLUE streak in her hair?

DPBOX

I keep seeing images online of Twilight Sparkle mostly as a human but with a blue streak in her hair. https://derpibooru.org/tags/powerful+sparkle Her Rainbow Powered form from the Season 4 finale had a yellow streak in her hair, but I don't ever remember seeing Twilight Sparkle with a blue streak in her hair. Is that fan made or did Twilight Sparkle actually appear somewhere with a blue streak in her hair?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I looked into it, and I think it's fan made. I wish the artist have been more "direct" about it, like saying, "Hey, this is my version of Sci Twi called Powerful Sparkle," and simply uploading a simple image of her before doing anything with her. The origin of this Twilight Sparkle with a blue streak in her hair was difficult to track down. I think it first appeared in a comic.

And also, it seems like the only differences between regular Twilight Sparkle and this is a blue streak in her hair, a blue magic aura, and blue stars added to her Cutie Mark. It's not much different from regular Twilight Sparkle, and some people may think this form actually appeared in the show when it didn't. It looks really cool, though, especially when the blue streak glows.

Contrast that to my custom version of Twilight Sparkle that I paid someone to draw called Twilight Sparkle Resolute Form. https://derpibooru.org/images/2461659 The horn and mane look drastically different than usual, it's just a simple image not in a comic or anything, and anyone who has seen the Pokémon Keldeo will know that Twilight Sparkle Resolute Form is inspired by one of Keldeo's forms.

Mods, feel free to move this to the Sugarcube Corner forum. Since everyone now knows this is fan made, I don't think this thread belongs in this forum anymore.

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, DPBOX said:

I keep seeing images online of Twilight Sparkle mostly as a human but with a blue streak in her hair. https://derpibooru.org/tags/powerful+sparkle Her Rainbow Powered form from the Season 4 finale had a yellow streak in her hair, but I don't ever remember seeing Twilight Sparkle with a blue streak in her hair. Is that fan made or did Twilight Sparkle actually appear somewhere with a blue streak in her hair?

I thought you were speaking about Twilight Twinkle, a proto Twilight Sparkle :D

image.png.d49958ac2627522a80b7e6c5c5d2b0d8.png

but yeah, that’s a fan version known as Powerful Sparkle. I dunno the origins tho :huh:

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I've never heard of Twilight had blue streak on her hair until now. I take a look into it and as far as I can tell, it's a fan made edit.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Paleopony said:

As far as I know it is an early design created by Lauren Faust.

Was Lauren Faust even involved in Equestria Girls? Or was this a pony thing?

I have never seen that color before, and it doesn't really fit her purple-blue color scheme. To me, it looks like a fan made thing.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen some of the original character designs drawn by Lauren Faust and it appears that Twilight's cutie mark was the same as the picture above so I think it's an early design.

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Was Lauren Faust even involved in Equestria Girls? Or was this a pony thing?

I have never seen that color before, and it doesn't really fit her purple-blue color scheme. To me, it looks like a fan made thing.

I doubt she was since she never approved of Equestria Girls

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Paleopony said:

I've seen some of the original character designs drawn by Lauren Faust and it appears that Twilight's cutie mark was the same as the picture above so I think it's an early design.

Yup. that is taken from the original "pitch bible" for "My little pony - Adventures" - Twilight Twinkle was the only one of the mane 6 whose name, cutie mark and colour scheme was changed

image.png.c13067bfcaeebf24ed826c1cb98dd05e.png

Edited by CypherKirin
  • Brohoof 1