Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was there a controversy about the rarijack relationship in Rollercoaster of Friendship?

Steve Piranha

Rarijack being practically official in RCOF was bound to get controversy. Seen a couple of comments against it from time to time for a short while, but surprisingly few. At least compared to the Twilicorn, EG reveal, and Flash “He Took My Waifu” Sentry. And I didn’t see anything controversial of it covered by EQD, so I thought not much came from it.

however, the mere existence of Ragamuffin, who’s virtually an official rule 63 Applejack and Rarity giving him heart eyes, made me think there was indeed a controversy with the Rarijack in the previous special. Was it true?

No, the Ragamuffin being R63 AJ was the writers really unsubtling teasing more Rarijack, just like that one singer looking like Rarity for AJ

The only controversy there was was how a lot of people were really getting sick of them being paired up all the time in episodes, they were already driven into the ground by the time this special showed up

• Brohoof 3

Moments ago, Will Guide said:

What singer looks like Rarity for AJ?

one of the Sunset's Backstage Pass shorts, name was Dirk Thistlewood I think

(edited)

No, it was just one of those "controversies" that came and went. :nom: Everything sparks some kind of dissension, but the only real controversies that actually stick are the ones that will pretty much never be rectified in the eyes of the people that were ticked off. Equestria Girls isn't even canon in a lot of fans' eyes, it's a spin-off that's been canceled for almost two years now. Compare that to something like the controversy sparked by the show finale, and there's no contest. 

Also, it was Spring Breakdown, not Rollercoaster of Friendship. :twi: 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Added info.
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Also, it was Spring Breakdown, not Rollercoaster of Friendship. :twi: 

That's right Spring Breakdown was the one that took place on a cruise ship while RollerCoaster of Friendship took place in a theme park

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Will Guide said:

That's right Spring Breakdown was the one that took place on a cruise ship while RollerCoaster of Friendship took place in a theme park

Yes, but RCOF was the heavy rarijack teasing, and suspiciously SB made rule 63 Applejack for Rarity to have heart eyes on

I don't think so; I actually thought I was mostly alone in whining about that. Though to be honest even I thought "Rollercoaster of Friendship" was one of the more tolerable examples of their dynamic.