Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Any South Park fans on here?

Sazama Ichida

5 hours ago, Asbel Lhant said:

South Park is the absolute best comedy that I've ever seen. I think it's way funnier than both Family Guy and The Simpsons.

I agree. Out of the three of them I definitely find South Park funnier

• Brohoof 2

23 hours ago, Blitzo said:

Did you like the games? I loved them. Really sad we won’t be getting anymore. 

Loved the games. Stick of Truth was def my favorite. I got the game during the peak of my interest in South Park so I played it for hooooours straight. FBW was good but it didn't really hook me as much as SOT did. just my personal opinion tho

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-06-17 at 10:47 PM, Tifu said:

Loved the games. Stick of Truth was def my favorite. I got the game during the peak of my interest in South Park so I played it for hooooours straight. FBW was good but it didn't really hook me as much as SOT did. just my personal opinion tho

I just started replaying the Stick of truth again after recently beating TFBW and I have to agree. They definitely made some improvements in TFBW but I still feel like the Stick of Truth is the better game

My favorite all time episode is The Ring, where Jonas Brothers sing their awesome song(s), and this happens:

Spoiler
Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

I recently tried Stick of Truth. I fucking loved it. Just finished my second playthrough. I'd even go as far as to call it one of the best RPGs I ever played. It's even better than most Square Enix games I've played. And that's the highest level of praise I can give. Funniest game I ever played too. It was just as good as the show.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-07-23 at 10:16 PM, Asbel Lhant said:

I recently tried Stick of Truth. I fucking loved it. Just finished my second playthrough. I'd even go as far as to call it one of the best RPGs I ever played. It's even better than most Square Enix games I've played. And that's the highest level of praise I can give. Funniest game I ever played too. It was just as good as the show.

It really is! It’s such a good game.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Things I would've added to Stick of Truth:

1. Dark Lord Clyde as the Semi-Final Boss after Nazi Zombie Chef.
2. Trent Boyett as a hidden optional super boss after the game's main story is beaten.
3. All of the Ninja weapons from the episode Good Times With Weapons as Level 15 weapons. The very strongest weapons in the game. Buyable from Jimbo and Ned for a high price.
4. A few more Class options. (Knight, Archer, and maybe Cleric or Monk. Should've at least had Knight for sure.)
5. A few more buddies. (Tweek and Token. At least Token so we can have a proper Healer. Token can cure debuffs as well as heal you to full health unlike Butters.)
6. The Crab People as fightable enemies instead of friends.
7. The Woodland Critters as fightable enemies instead of friends.
8. The option to go talk to Jimbo whenever you want for a random Hunting Mission.
9. Stylized Boss Screens and Music for every boss. Not just the Hallway Monitor Boss and Princess Kenny. Glad Fractured But Whole fixed this. Dunno why they thought only the Hallway Monitor Boss was worthy of such an epic intro screen.

Other than that though, great game. Two thumbs up. I absolutely loved it. Might do another playthrough or two before I finally start The Fractured But Whole. I'm currently on my seventh playthrough in a row. I've tried all the classes once. My fave is definitely the Jew class. It has literally everything you could ever need. The Thief class is trash. Sucks that I can only get the Ninjas Stars by playing that one. And now I'm going for the 100% Achievement before I start The Fractured But Whole. I've almost Platinumed it.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Asbel Lhant said:

Things I would've added to Stick of Truth:

1. Dark Lord Clyde as the Semi-Final Boss after Nazi Zombie Chef.
2. Trent Boyett as a hidden optional super boss after the game's main story is beaten.
3. All of the Ninja weapons from the episode Good Times With Weapons as Level 15 weapons. The very strongest weapons in the game. Buyable from Jimbo and Ned for a high price.
4. A few more Class options. (Knight, Archer, and maybe Cleric or Monk. Should've at least had Knight for sure.)
5. A few more buddies. (Tweek and Token. At least Token so we can have a proper Healer. Token can cure debuffs as well as heal you to full health unlike Butters.)
6. The Crab People as fightable enemies instead of friends.
7. The Woodland Critters as fightable enemies instead of friends.
8. The option to go talk to Jimbo whenever you want for a random Hunting Mission.
9. Stylized Boss Screens and Music for every boss. Not just the Hallway Monitor Boss and Princess Kenny. Glad Fractured But Whole fixed this. Dunno why they thought only the Hallway Monitor Boss was worthy of such an epic intro screen.

Other than that though, great game. Two thumbs up. I absolutely loved it. Might do another playthrough or two before I finally start The Fractured But Whole. I'm currently on my seventh playthrough in a row. I've tried all the classes once. My fave is definitely the Jew class. It has literally everything you could ever need. The Thief class is trash. Sucks that I can only get the Ninjas Stars by playing that one. And now I'm going for the 100% Achievement before I start The Fractured But Whole. I've almost Platinumed it.

I definitely prefer the buddy system in Fractured but whole just due to that reason. You have more than just one buddy of a certain class so you can even things out. One healer while the other is more of a tank. For stick of truth I mostly used Kyle as a partner because he was pretty good. I liked Stan but I swear he died a lot on me.

I also hated the abortion minigame. The timing was always off for me and I hated that the minigame showed up twice. That’s my biggest beef with the game is that minigame. The song gave me nightmares after awhile due to how long it took me to beat it both times. Other than that I absolutely love the game. The whole underpants gnome section had me dying of laughter. 

Jew was the only class I really liked and I mean as soon as I saw it in the class selection I HAD to pick it lol. I mean how could you not lol That’s probably why they made Jew such a good class because they knew everyone is most likely going to pick it. 

4 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

I also hated the abortion minigame. The timing was always off for me and I hated that the minigame showed up twice. That’s my biggest beef with the game is that minigame. The song gave me nightmares after awhile due to how long it took me to beat it both times. Other than that I absolutely love the game. The whole underpants gnome section had me dying of laughter. 

The abortion minigame is actually not hard if you know what to do. You just have to keep rotating the stick to the left for the dilation part. Just keeping spinning it. That's all you have to do. I'm not kidding. It's a handy hack to get right past it if you're having trouble. And for the next part, you just have to be ready to quickly flick the stick in the opposite direction the moment the vacuum snags. The strategy is the same for both of them. And the song had me laughing.

7 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

Jew was the only class I really liked and I mean as soon as I saw it in the class selection I HAD to pick it lol. I mean how could you not lol That’s probably why they made Jew such a good class because they knew everyone is most likely going to pick it. 

I think the reason is actually because the main enemies are Nazi zombies.

• Brohoof 1

Just Platinumed Stick of Truth a few days ago. Will be starting The Fractured But Whole soon.

Man why didn't I get this game sooner!? I didn't get this game back when it came out in 2014 and now I'm like, "Oh my God! What was I thinking?!" This game is great and hilarious! I wish I had bought this game years ago! It really feels like one really long interactive episode of the show! I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to 2014 and tell myself to go get this game!

(edited)

@ClawdeenDid you know that there's a super OP combo you can do with the Jew class? Use the Super Bouncy Ball with the Sling of David. The game doesn't say anything about it. But it causes the Sling of David to hit up to 9 times when you do it. I can't tell if this was a glitch or if it was intentional. It's really freaking cool. You can oneshot a whole group of enemies nearly every time with it.

EDIT: I can't help but think now that they must have done this as a fun little easter egg for us to find.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

@ClawdeenDid you know that there's a super OP combo you can do with the Jew class? Use the Super Bouncy Ball with the Sling of David. The game doesn't say anything about it. But it causes the Sling of David to hit up to 9 times when you do it. I can't tell if this was a glitch or if it was intentional. It's really freaking cool. You can oneshot a whole group of enemies nearly every time with it.

EDIT: I can't help but think now that they must have done this as a fun little easter egg for us to find.

Oh wow I didn't know about that! That definitely had to have been an easter egg. I'll have to check that out when I get home on mine.

15 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

Oh wow I didn't know about that! That definitely had to have been an easter egg. I'll have to check that out when I get home on mine.

You have to make sure the Super Bouncy Ball is selected in combat before you use the Sling of David to get it to work. And it only activates against groups of enemies. It works with all "Ball" weapons in fact. But the combo works best with the Super Bouncy Ball. It also works with the Batdadarang and the Chakram. But it doesn't work with the sharp ranged weapons like the Darts or the Broken Bottle etc. I like how they thought this through since the sharp objects would realistically puncture the sling.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

Does anyone else wish Trent Boyett and Josh Myers would return? They both had so much potential.

Trent not so much but josh for sure lol 😁

Is it just me or is the last season kinda meh,  the whole tegridy thing isnt funny imo and the Heidi cartman relationship doest seem that funny either 🤔

2 hours ago, Tweek said:

Trent not so much but josh for sure lol 😁

Is it just me or is the last season kinda meh,  the whole tegridy thing isnt funny imo and the Heidi cartman relationship doest seem that funny either 🤔

I respectfully disagree with those opinions.

Cartman gets his comeuppance more often these days and doesn't act like a complete sociopath all the time anymore. And Randy Marsh got wonderful character development that shows how funny he truly is.