Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do the MLP:FiM Comics Have to End So Soon?

Misty Shadow

Um...so...it looks like my skepticism was in fact justified by the cryptic ending of the comics that's been making rounds... :o

(MAJOR SPOILER WARNING)

Spoiler

large.png

Even if this goes nowhere...wow. :ooh: I knew something was amiss, but even I wasn't expecting this. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

There was also another tease at the end of the second Transformers crossover teasing

Spoiler

The Quintessons 

And there’s still the Generations crossover that could also tease something 

On a related note Whitely admitted that they planned for the series to go on longer but the pandemic threw a wrench at everything 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-10-14 at 1:26 PM, Megas said:

On a related note Whitely admitted that they planned for the series to go on longer but the pandemic threw a wrench at everything 

I don't suppose there was any mention of potentially picking it back up once things recover? The end of the last issue seemed to pretty strongly imply they wanted to at least keep their options open.

4 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

I don't suppose there was any mention of potentially picking it back up once things recover? The end of the last issue seemed to pretty strongly imply they wanted to at least keep their options open.

All about what Hasbro wants. :maud: Generations is out right now, so once that ends, we can see what happens. I'm not getting my hopes up knowing the decadent state of Western comics and IDW's declining finances, but I'm also not underestimating the power of fandom. We could make our own comic wrapping up the story if we wanted. :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

All about what Hasbro wants. :maud:

I kind of doubt Hasbro cares all that much about which generation IDW wants to focus on - if they wanted to sweep G4 under the rug to make way for G5 (as some have speculated), we probably wouldn't even be getting Generations. It's somewhat more likely that with things as they are, IDW just doesn't have the resources to maintain regular G4 and G5 comics simultaneously, even if there'd be ample demand. We'll see what happens when they've recovered from the pandemic.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-06-22 at 11:31 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

We all knew this was going to happen eventually, but why now? Jeremy Whitley spoke like he had a pretty big story planned out for Season 10...and just like that, it's over? :mlp_wat: There can't be that big of a rush to start promoting G5 with such a low-selling form of media like comic books, could this have something to do with IDW's declining finances? Jeremy's comments were made before CHINA IS *YAY*!, which helped put the American comic book industry in worse shape than ever. Could they have had to rush an ending for monetary issues? :huh:  

soo sad 

On 2021-10-28 at 2:57 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

All about what Hasbro wants. :maud: Generations is out right now, so once that ends, we can see what happens. I'm not getting my hopes up knowing the decadent state of Western comics and IDW's declining finances, but I'm also not underestimating the power of fandom. We could make our own comic wrapping up the story if we wanted. :bedeyes:

Yeah, not only one manga series seems to be outselling western comics, but I heard rather nasty financial things for IDW :huh:. Hell, they even lost GI Joe and Transformers rights :lostit:. That tells me pastel horses won’t last long 

10 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, not only one manga series seems to be outselling western comics, but I heard rather nasty financial things for IDW :huh:. Hell, they even lost GI Joe and Transformers rights :lostit:. That tells me pastel horses won’t last long 

That’s all just rumors so far, most TF news sites don’t want to report it until there’s a hard confirmation 

33 minutes ago, Megas said:

That’s all just rumors so far, most TF news sites don’t want to report it until there’s a hard confirmation 

Oh, my bad :muffins:. Still, I don’t see pony comics lasting much now regardless. On top of G5 taking over :dash: