Banner by ~ NomadSpellbrush

Why Do the MLP:FiM Comics Have to End So Soon?

Um...so...it looks like my skepticism was in fact justified by the cryptic ending of the comics that's been making rounds... :o

(MAJOR SPOILER WARNING)

Spoiler

large.png

Even if this goes nowhere...wow. :ooh: I knew something was amiss, but even I wasn't expecting this. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

There was also another tease at the end of the second Transformers crossover teasing

Spoiler

The Quintessons 

And there’s still the Generations crossover that could also tease something 

On a related note Whitely admitted that they planned for the series to go on longer but the pandemic threw a wrench at everything 

• Brohoof 1
Badges

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-10-14 at 1:26 PM, Megas said:

On a related note Whitely admitted that they planned for the series to go on longer but the pandemic threw a wrench at everything 

I don't suppose there was any mention of potentially picking it back up once things recover? The end of the last issue seemed to pretty strongly imply they wanted to at least keep their options open.

Badges

4 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

I don't suppose there was any mention of potentially picking it back up once things recover? The end of the last issue seemed to pretty strongly imply they wanted to at least keep their options open.

All about what Hasbro wants. :maud: Generations is out right now, so once that ends, we can see what happens. I'm not getting my hopes up knowing the decadent state of Western comics and IDW's declining finances, but I'm also not underestimating the power of fandom. We could make our own comic wrapping up the story if we wanted. :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

End so soon Havent they been out since like 2011/2012 :laugh:

Way too long if you ask me. 

Oversaturation imo

16 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

All about what Hasbro wants. :maud:

I kind of doubt Hasbro cares all that much about which generation IDW wants to focus on - if they wanted to sweep G4 under the rug to make way for G5 (as some have speculated), we probably wouldn't even be getting Generations. It's somewhat more likely that with things as they are, IDW just doesn't have the resources to maintain regular G4 and G5 comics simultaneously, even if there'd be ample demand. We'll see what happens when they've recovered from the pandemic.

Badges

100 plus comics have been made......you want it to run as long as Naruto or something?

I think they milked the cow enough.....on to the next cow that one is due for it's meat.......

that went dark...