Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New details about G5 from upcoming books

Toastypk

(edited)

Well this is big!

I checked Derpibooru, and there's images from a few upcoming G5 books, and they are starting to flesh out some details about the world and characters! I'm gonna throw some of them here in text form.

Minor spoiler territory here! If you consider how the world is established spoilers.

Spoiler

Sunny's father taught her about the mane 6, who lived in "Ancient Equestria."

She wants to make unicorn and pegasus friends one day.

Hitch is stated as "the" sherrif of Maretime Bay. So that means he's in charge!

A location named Zephyr Heights is mentioned, probably the pegasus kingdom.

Pipp is a pop star.

The "magic disappearing" seems to be literal, because as a result, pegasi can't fly! Zipp really wants to.

I'll post images in a sec.

Spoiler

2642553.jpg

2642539.jpg

2642544.jpg

And there's others!

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 4

I saw that first on Instagram, and that comes to my surprise of new render images for the fifth generation movie! :love: Sunny cares about friendship like Twilight, which what I thought for making friendship between pony races a good way. They also mentioned about the Mane 6, which that's a good thing to hear. I can see that Pipp is a popstar, and I like her to be a viral singer one day like one of my favorite pop singers in real life!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm still appalled with their designs but I'll roll with it for now.

• The Mane Six now live in Ancient Equestria. Looks like they're all gone then. :worry:
  • Pegasi can't fly? Well, now they all know how Scootaloo felt. :ButtercupLaugh:
  • The thing I'm most worried about is the fact that they apparently have phones and although that's not exactly mentioned, it says that she likes to take pictures for her fans and they're all close-ups that she 'zoomed in on'. :mlp_wat: Ugh, still furious that they have them. :yeahno:
  • Pipp is a pop star which is quite interesting. The music better be good. I don't want boring, terrible current music. :dry:
  • The thing that breaks me the most and I know we've known this since it was announced but I want to mention it again, is that all the magic is gone from Equestria and they no longer live as one. Does that mean that everything the Mane Six ever did was for nothing? :(

I'm really trying hard to be optimistic about all this but it's really hard to be. :confused: The moment if and when we get a trailer is the time to really jump to some kind of conclusion but with what we know at the moment, I'm not particularly psyched for this at all. :okiedokieloki: If anything, I'm actually quite scared. :wacko:

At least the Mane Six are on the front cover! :wub:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 3

Well, it's cool that we got such a big info drop. Things like Hitch being a sheriff and Pipp being a pop star are things I already figured, but at least it's confirmed now. The whole "magic is lost" thing is actually pretty sad, especially when it comes to the pegasi. To have wings, yet not actually be able tp use them must be really sad, especially since flight is such a core part of being a pegasus. It's really sad to see the Equestria we loved so much end up like this. That being said, considering we have images of ponies with cutie marks and clips of Pipp and Zipp flying, hopefully the magic will be restored at some point (along with the pony types maybe being friends again).

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Yeah I think that its interesting how all magic is lost in Equestria. However, the fact that pegasi can't fly does raise an interesting question. There was a short clip of Pipp petals flying while tapping her phone. How is that possible?

(BTW, I wonder if Hasbro is releasing small snippets of info at a time so that way they can watch how the fandom reacts and get a good laugh out of it... IDK)

Edited by Minty Seabreeze
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Minty Seabreeze said:

Yeah I think that its interesting how all magic is lost in Equestria. However, the fact that pegasi can't fly does raise an interesting question. There was a short clip of Pipp petals flying while tapping her phone. How is that possible?

(BTW, I wonder if Hasbro is releasing small snippets of info at a time so that way they can watch how the fandom reacts and get a good laugh out of it... IDK)

I assume that the movie is going to end with Magic being restored and ponies beginning to come back together again. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, this is....interesting. I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, the new renders look pretty cool, at least we get know a little bit more about the characters, it's nice to see the Main Six as figurines, and it's nice to see Sunny wants all pony races come together.

But on the other hand, there's some aspects that I'm really not a big fan of. The idea about magic being gone and pony races being separated from some reason is pretty terrible. It almost seems like Twilight and her friends failed at their job. Plus, it's already done before back in the Season 8 finale in G4. Makes me wonder who's the main bad guy in G5? Also, Pipp as a popstar? Really? The Princess of Pop in Ponyland? Very weak, if you ask me. Also, she takes photos with friends? Considering the fact she has a phone, I would cringe super hard if she makes a Instagram joke, because that's totally not dated at all, am I right?

IDK, the more I saw new G5 info, the more I feel less excited. I don't want to hate on it since it does have decent ideas, but I'm not 100% sure if the new generation will leave that much of an impact as G4 was.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention. Ancient Equestria? I can understand G5 take place in a far distant future from G4, but I'm a bit mixed on that.

10 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I'm still appalled with their designs but I'll roll with it for now.

• The Mane Six now live in Ancient Equestria. Looks like they're all gone then. :worry:
  • Pegasi can't fly? Well, now they all know how Scootaloo felt. :ButtercupLaugh:
  • The thing I'm most worried about is the fact that they apparently have phones and although that's not exactly mentioned, it says that she likes to take pictures for her fans and they're all close-ups that she 'zoomed in on'. :mlp_wat: Ugh, still furious that they have them. :yeahno:
  • Pipp is a pop star which is quite interesting. The music better be good. I don't want boring, terrible current music. :dry:
  • The thing that breaks me the most and I know we've known this since it was announced but I want to mention it again, is that all the magic is gone from Equestria and they no longer live as one. Does that mean that everything the Mane Six ever did was for nothing? :(

I'm really trying hard to be optimistic about all this but it's really hard to be. :confused: The moment if and when we get a trailer is the time to really jump to some kind of conclusion but with what we know at the moment, I'm not particularly psyched for this at all. :okiedokieloki: If anything, I'm actually quite scared. :wacko:

At least the Mane Six are on the front cover! :wub:

Yup, exactly my thoughts.

8 hours ago, schizo said:

The more thats revealed about G5 the more I wish they left it at G4

Me too. Or better yet, make G5 a completely separate universe from G4.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 2

I'm torn. Some ideas sound interesting, others I question. My main concern with this being a continuation of G4 is it feeling destructive as supposed to feeling additive. Like we're breaking the toys and undoing what happened before. 

It all depends on the execution. 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The thing that breaks me the most and I know we've known this since it was announced but I want to mention it again, is that all the magic is gone from Equestria and they no longer live as one. Does that mean that everything the Mane Six ever did was for nothing? :(

Much like in real life nothing can remain perfect forever. There will ALWAYS be conflict and things will swing back from a Utopia to troubling times again like a pendulum. That's what my dad always says: don't look at the moments when life turns bad as a terrible thing. It just mean that eventually something good will come along

So no, I believe that it is false to think of the Mane Six actions as all for nothing. They had an extremely long period of peace and now it's time for there to be conflict again

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Much like in real life nothing can remain perfect forever. There will ALWAYS be conflict and things will swing back from a Utopia to troubling times again like a pendulum. That's what my dad always says: don't look at the moments when life turns bad as a terrible thing. It just mean that eventually something good will come along

So no, I believe that it is false to think of the Mane Six actions as all for nothing. They had an extremely long period of peace and now it's time for there to be conflict again

No offence but I don’t think you fully understood what I meant. Isn’t the Magic of Friendship supposed to be eternal? How it always grew and got stronger? I get that something serious must have happened to get them divided but no matter how serious it was, there is no reason for the Magic of Friendship to just disappear like that. That goes against the entirety of G4 and everything ever learnt in it and I think they’re only doing that to get a plot out of it. :dry:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

8 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

No offence but I don’t think you fully understood what I meant. Isn’t the Magic of Friendship supposed to be eternal? How it always grew and got stronger? I get that something serious must have happened to get them divided but no matter how serious it was, there is no reason for the Magic of Friendship to just disappear like that. That goes against the entirety of G4 and everything ever learnt in it and I think they’re only doing that to get a plot out of it. :dry:

Nothing last forever. Not even peace 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Blitzo said:

Pretty cool we got some more info. Really starting to like Zipp.

It's like they knew I would choose Izzy Moonbow as my favorite. :D/:mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

The Pegasus ponies are considered princesses? Pass the popcorn I'm just going to wait here for the sparks to fly about this apparent change in Royal Species power. 

In all seriousness I'm curious as to why this is

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

And water horses, bat poneh, kirin, changelings, alicorns, etc :dry:

It's a Shad meme implying that reasoning of man can be thrown out of the window when dealing with magical creatures. That includes all the perks and quirks of a modern metropolitan existence.

In the context of this world, dragons are a bit special due to their lifespan. Spike is a complete hooflicker, but even he would likely feel similar to how Guilliman felt about the fallen Imperium after his return. So, is he lying somewhere after being stabbed by some dark champion, or is he just playing hooky? And it's not like he was the only dragon involved. So either the whole "friendship thing" would have been upheld by immortals, or the immortals themselves realized it was all a big scam and that everyone could exist without this crap just fine in which case they would now be opposed to it.

And one more thing for everyone that's all like: windigos and all other villains benefiting from absence of Harmony aren't here cause there's no magic. Everfree didn't engulf half the globe cause similar reasons too. Then why the buck would you want magic to return? Why would you want the return of Harmony? Everypony seems to be doing just fine.

The premise is definitely a bit sad, but it just makes me realize that something happened to send it all down.

This sort of thing takes commitment, and something was lost along the way.

Now I want to know what happened and how they fix it.