Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New details about G5 from upcoming books

Toastypk

Moments ago, Steve Piranha said:

I wonder if the Mane 6 being named “Guardians of Harmony” was deliberately taken from the failed attempt of pony action figures :mlp_icwudt:

Yeah, I wonder why...

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I think this sums it up quite nicely:

Screenshot_20210625-143329_Discord.jpg

And if G5's going for realism, it makes perfect sense for the precedent the Mane 6 set to get lost from time to time. We all know that in real life, the good guys do NOT always win in the end and future generations suffer the consequences of evil, one of which is always being brainwashed into forgetting their values. I never liked the perception of Equestria as "utopia", I think that would be really boring if it was a perfect world where evil could never triumph. 

• Brohoof 2

36 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I never liked the perception of Equestria as "utopia", I think that would be really boring if it was a perfect world where evil could never triumph. 

Yeah there were some fan works that kind of gave the impression that Equestria is a Utopia where nothing goes wrong like heaven. But Literally in the very first season There was a manticore,  A Ursa Minor, Parasprites, and some giant dangerous dragons. From the very beginning the world of Equestria was always going to have problems

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

And this is why I have a problem with the statement "The loss of magic in G5 goes against the entirety of G4." Even within G4, there are numerous times where friendship was tested time and time again whether it was through arguments within the Mane 6 or whenever evil villains showed up. Just because Twilight and her friends accomplished worldwide friendship does not mean it stays that way forever. Good cannot exist without evil and evil cannot exist without good. If Sunny is inspired by Twilight's teachings it means that there is opportunity for friendship to legitimately come back. Plus we haven't even seen how much friendship was lost throughout the years prior to G5 to understand who initiated it. I just think it's a bit an overreaction that we decry this generation as terrible even before more substantial information has appeared to us.

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

The "their work was for nothing" idea is very flawed to be honest, like just a re-watch of G4 FiM (especially the season 5 finale) would make you realize that Equestria would never have made it through to G5's timeline if the mane six never existed.

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, DW99 said:

And this is why I have a problem with the statement "The loss of magic in G5 goes against the entirety of G4." Even within G4, there are numerous times where friendship was tested time and time again whether it was through arguments within the Mane 6 or whenever evil villains showed up. Just because Twilight and her friends accomplished worldwide friendship does not mean it stays that way forever. Good cannot exist without evil and evil cannot exist without good. If Sunny is inspired by Twilight's teachings it means that there is opportunity for friendship to legitimately come back. Plus we haven't even seen how much friendship was lost throughout the years prior to G5 to understand who initiated it. I just think it's a bit an overreaction that we decry this generation as terrible even before more substantial information has appeared to us.

1 hour ago, EpicEnergy said:

The "their work was for nothing" idea is very flawed to be honest, like just a re-watch of G4 FiM (especially the season 5 finale) would make you realize that Equestria would never have made it through to G5's timeline if the mane six never existed.

Now that's very good points. Maybe I come across as bit too judgmental, so I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.

• Brohoof 3

Now this is what I call quite the information dump considering how little we've had up until now or what we had didn't make much sense. Much of what these books contain answer the questions many have been wanting to know for some time and it seems the answers aren't what people hoped for. As many have said, nothing can last forever. What was achieved at the end of generation four was bound to one day be destroyed.

• Brohoof 1

Finally, evidence that they put some thought into the setting and backstory. We already knew G5 is supposed to take place in the same world as G4 and this is just further proof that the new main cast is meant to be a next generation of heroes. Kind of like how the Mane 6 were unofficial successors to the original Pillars, who were ancient heroes and mostly forgotten about. Mostly. Star Swirl remained well-known and folklore about the Pillars still existed, but knowledge of them was dying out.

Honestly, Sunny probably idolizes the Mane 6 and the alicorns in the same way that Twilight idolized Star Swirl (before they got to meet face to face).

• Brohoof 2

A lot of interesting new information. Hopefully a trailer will finally drop by, we are only a few months before the movie is released its time to show it. 

Zipp starting to sound like a very interesting character, and the pictures that were revealed were quite nice, filly sunny is very cute.  

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Now this is what I call quite the information dump considering how little we've had up until now or what we had didn't make much sense. Much of what these books contain answer the questions many have been wanting to know for some time and it seems the answers aren't what people hoped for. As many have said, nothing can last forever. What was achieved at the end of generation four was bound to one day be destroyed.

A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. But as long as there are those who remember what Twilight and her friends learned about magic and pass it on, their legacy will live on. Kind of like Batman Beyond.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Finally, evidence that they put some thought into the setting and backstory. We already knew G5 is supposed to take place in the same world as G4 and this is just further proof that the new main cast is meant to be a next generation of heroes. Kind of like how the Mane 6 were unofficial successors to the original Pillars, who were ancient heroes and mostly forgotten about. Mostly. Star Swirl remained well-known and folklore about the Pillars still existed, but knowledge of them was dying out.

Honestly, Sunny probably idolizes the Mane 6 and the alicorns in the same way that Twilight idolized Star Swirl (before they got to meet face to face).

If that's not a coincidence, then I don't know what is.

I am glad this does not take place right after G4. Unpopular opinion - I am glad G4 is ancient history, so we may have a new blank slate. Let's just hope they don't mess it up. I like the premise, actually.

• Brohoof 3

15 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Yeah there were some fan works that kind of gave the impression that Equestria is a Utopia where nothing goes wrong like heaven. But Literally in the very first season There was a manticore,  A Ursa Minor, Parasprites, and some giant dangerous dragons. From the very beginning the world of Equestria was always going to have problems

The thing is, the world of G5 has apparently been regressed to an even worse state than before the Mane Six showed up. It might not have been anywhere near a utopia, but at least the pony tribes generally got along okay. And then there's the question of how long things have been this bad. 

5 minutes ago, HedonismBot said:

The thing is, the world of G5 has apparently been regressed to an even worse state than before the Mane Six showed up. It might not have been anywhere near a utopia, but at least the pony tribes generally got along okay. And then there's the question of how long things have been this bad. 

I don't recall pre-mane six Equestria being bad at all. I mean, it wasn't utopia, but Equestria never really was a utopia at any point. Ponies lived pretty good, peaceful lives from the looks of things. But yeah, I do wonder what caused Equestria to end up so badly in G5.

• Brohoof 1