Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 Movie Teaser Trailer

eventyraren

1 minute ago, Gaines said:

Omg I literally just saw this while scrolling through Twitter and immediately went here to post about it xD I'm too late! 
But the first thing that came out of my mouth when I saw the teaser was "uh oh"

Don't tell me you hated it!?

I have a bit of a concern regarding G5.

The movie will have some relatively high-profile names in the cast. Will Hasbro or whoever is in charge of G5 be able to get them to reprise their roles for the show?

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Quickest way to endear me towards a character is to have them be played by Kimiko Glenn. 

I love how she played Izzy... Izzy became the pinkie pie of the story BUT NOT to the point that she became pinkie pie but her own unique character....genius.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I have a bit of a concern regarding G5.

The movie will have some relatively high-profile names in the cast. Will Hasbro or whoever is in charge of G5 be able to get them to reprise their roles for the show?

I don't think that'll be a problem.

16 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Gillian M. Berrow is returning to write the movie (and hopefully the series, too). 

:yay: Great to see her back.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Ah! They're good voices!

Not exactly who I was guessing, but I like!

Izzy's is pretty spot on.

And Hitch's is nice, but deeper than I thought he would be.

Oh and Pipp's voice is pretty close in tone to what I was guessing her to be too.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 5

8 minutes ago, schizo said:

Well at least their voices fit!

It's quite odd seeing Liza Koshy voice an mlp character after being a fan of her content in 2016

The only thing I know her from is the reboot of Double Dare as the host.

• Brohoof 3

Moments ago, Toastypk said:

The only thing I know her from is the reboot of Double Dare as the host.

I know her from her YouTube videos personally, she was quite popular in 2016-17?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So I found out that Hitch is played by the same actor who played the main human in the live action Sonic movie. (aka Donut Lord.)

So obviously someone made this-

large.pngI've never even heard of Kimiko Glenn though.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Toastypk said:

So I found out that Hitch is played by the same actor who played the main human in the live action Sonic movie. (aka Donut Lord.)

So obviously someone made this-

large.pngI've never even heard of Kimiko Glenn though.

He Also played the main human in Hop and Cyclops in the X-men movies. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
4 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

Yes! Thank god! Finally we got a trailer! Well, sort of, but hey I'll take what I can get.

Anyways, my thoughts on the trailer? Okay, now I'm getting fully intrigued! Not only we got the official cast of G5 movie, but also we got a confirmed title and release date: MLP A New Generation and it's coming to Netflix on September 24. Really looking forward to it.

Here's my analysis on the trailer: 

- The casting choices are pretty interesting. We two got two former Disney Channel actresses (Venessa Hudges from High School Musical and Sofia Caron from Decendents), One actor who used to play live action actor getting along with CGI animals (James Marsden from HOP 2011 and Sonic 2020), One actress who is a YouTuber(Liza Koshy), and one actress who used to played a character on Orange is A New Black(Kimiko Glenn). Out of all them, I can see Venessa and Liza can play off very well as Sunny Starscout and Zipp Storm since their personalities actually did make a lot of sense. Others? I'm gonna have to wait and see.

-We got a new logo. In my opinion, it looks very nice. Even though I'm gonna miss the old 2010 G4 logo, but I think it's about time for a new makeover.

-As for the animation? I really like it. It look very unique and colorful. The character expressions themselves are also a improvement. At first, I wasn't too crazy about it since the characters expressions looks WAY too Dreamworks and modern Disney for my liking. Here, they actually look expressive and very charming. And yes, I'm not gonna lie, Izzy Moonbow looks pretty cute. The background are nice even if it's a little brief. 

-Finally, like I mention before, MLP G5 Movie will be releasing on Netfilx Streaming on September 24th of this year. Would they rereleasing it on Discovery Family in the near future? Who knows. But then again, who cares?

Overall, even though I'm very underwhelmed by Hasbro's marketing for G5, but I'm glad we got a trailer because a lot of fans were anticipating for it for a while now. I'm very excited for what it is come. 

Sorry about that. I was trying to added Kimiko Glenn, but I forgot. Silly me.:ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by JMTV99

Well, it was probably long overdue but we have a cast and I like the voices they chose, I really hope that the voice actors for the main cast will return for the series as well. The visuals look great, and some of the new characters look intriguing. Fingers crossed for a trailer in the upcoming days. 

• Brohoof 4

Nothing says "hype" than a bunch of adults in chickenshit outfits feigning excitement over a kid show while generic, soul-killing, feel-good music is playing in the background. Give us a real trailer!

• Brohoof 2