Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello, everyone!

Pearly Marshmallow

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Rarity

How did you find MLP Forums?

I really enjoy being part of forums of the different fandoms I'm in. So once I joined the brony fandom I was wondering if there was any forum I could be part of. I looked it up on Google and here I am. :)

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

It's a long and complex story. :eager:

It goes a little something like this...

Part 1

The series would not premiere in my region until November 21, 2011. By the time I wouldn't have a clue of it since I was very obsessed with another series; and I'm pretty sure I remained this way until 2012 - 2013, when the fandom and the series started gaining traction here. In those years I had my first interactions with the series, that included watching a video of censorship in cartoons where they talked about the episode "Applebuck Season", seeing a couple of promos on the Discovery Kids channel and a bit of the Equestria Girls movie on the TV (the one that intensified the popularity of the series and the presence of the brony fandom here). 

For the period of 2014 to 2017 I became fully aware of the brony fandom and had pretty much seen the negative and toxic part, as well as acknowledging its big presence on the internet by then, through memes, fan art, fanmade animations, YTPs, etc (Yes, I had the misfortune of watching the Smile HD video as well). Needless to say that I was already more than interested in the series by then. But, given all the bad and weird things I had seen about the fandom and the fact that at the time I had a couple of friends that were not the most tolerable people in the world with what other people like... I refrained from watching the series, limiting myself to just fanmade work and memes. (Big mistake.) :worry:

From 2018 to 2020 things changed. In that frame of time I watched parts of two episodes on TV: "Princess Spike" and "Secrets and Pies". Although I didn't watch them completely, I really liked what I had seen. By that time I was considering watching the entire series for the first time, but since I was going through a huge state of depression, I couldn't do it. Throughout 2019 and 2020 I just kept enjoying the memes and shitpost from the series on Facebook. I was feeling a lot better but I still had not the courage to watch the series. One thing I remember is the news about the series finale and the shock from the whole fandom about it. It made a bit of an impact in me to know that the series had come to its end. :awed:

Part 2

From middle towards the end of 2020, on the different Facebook groups that I was in, a member in particular that goes by the name of "Lautaro Pérez" with a profile picture of Sunset Shimmer began to make his presence more and more noticeable in every group, making comments on pretty much every post accompanied by a frame or a GIF of Sunset Shimmer. It was impossible not to think of MLP with him around. (If you're from Latin America you'll know what I'm talking about. :laugh:)

Also, during this time period, my friends and I had made a Discord group, and I noticed that one of them had a profile picture of Twilight Sparkle on his account. I asked him about it, but he told me that he had never seen the series. As a joke, I would always ask him, "When are you going to invite me to watch My Little Pony?" But he would never answer. :okiedokieloki:

On the other hand, I joined a group of memes and shitpost of MLP on Facebook on December 2020. Aside of the daily regular content, some people would share their opinions and experiences with the series, as well as pictures of their products from the series. :eager:

These three factors greatly contributed to the growth of my interest in My Little Pony. By 2021, it was official, I WANTED to watch the series. The thing is, I didn't really have the time to do so due to college. :coco:

Part 3

A couple of months later, thanks to vacations, I had the right time. And finally, on April 15, 2021, I started watching the series, ending on May 15.

Oh, my god. I absolutely loved everything about it after the first episode. The characters, the plot, the music, the animation, the designs, the artwork, everything was absolutely PERFECT.

Now, I must say that with all the pain in my heart, I deeply regret not having watched the series before. It was definitely a huge mistake to misjudge everything and not having given it a chance before. I really wasn't prepared for the thoughts and reflections it might give me after watching every episode. Season after season and special, shorts and movies... Watching the unique characters develop in their world, going through all their adventures and emotional journeys, made me feel like I've never felt before. :(

Now I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around the fact that the fourth generation is over. But one thing I know for sure is that now I am part of the fandom and will never leave. I'll love and enjoy G4 until the day that I die. :rarity:

I am excited to see what's next and to see what G5 has to offer. :grin:

And that's my story. I hope it wasn't too boring. :eager:

I'm really happy to be in a great community like this.

Thanks for reading, see ya around! :)

IMG_20210628_180028015_HDR.thumb.jpg.7497cb2801681726d49e557383bd84d2.jpg

• Brohoof 7

Hello and welcome to the herd, @Pearly Marshmallow! :rarity: Great to meet you. :squee:

That is an amazing story, I'm so glad you've given the series a go and loved it so much. :mlp_yeehaa: Being late is not a problem at all, I was kind of late too. :twismile: This is an amazing community to be part of and I know you'll enjoy it hugely. :ooh:

I hope you have a great time here! :wub:

image.png

• Brohoof 1

Yeah it was a nice adventure.. :rarity:

Hello and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

I hope you'll have a good time here. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-07-02 at 1:20 AM, Pearly Marshmallow said:

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Rarity

How did you find MLP Forums?

I really enjoy being part of forums of the different fandoms I'm in. So once I joined the brony fandom I was wondering if there was any forum I could be part of. I looked it up on Google and here I am. :)

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

It's a long and complex story. :eager:

It goes a little something like this...

Part 1

The series would not premiere in my region until November 21, 2011. By the time I wouldn't have a clue of it since I was very obsessed with another series; and I'm pretty sure I remained this way until 2012 - 2013, when the fandom and the series started gaining traction here. In those years I had my first interactions with the series, that included watching a video of censorship in cartoons where they talked about the episode "Applebuck Season", seeing a couple of promos on the Discovery Kids channel and a bit of the Equestria Girls movie on the TV (the one that intensified the popularity of the series and the presence of the brony fandom here). 

For the period of 2014 to 2017 I became fully aware of the brony fandom and had pretty much seen the negative and toxic part, as well as acknowledging its big presence on the internet by then, through memes, fan art, fanmade animations, YTPs, etc (Yes, I had the misfortune of watching the Smile HD video as well). Needless to say that I was already more than interested in the series by then. But, given all the bad and weird things I had seen about the fandom and the fact that at the time I had a couple of friends that were not the most tolerable people in the world with what other people like... I refrained from watching the series, limiting myself to just fanmade work and memes. (Big mistake.) :worry:

From 2018 to 2020 things changed. In that frame of time I watched parts of two episodes on TV: "Princess Spike" and "Secrets and Pies". Although I didn't watch them completely, I really liked what I had seen. By that time I was considering watching the entire series for the first time, but since I was going through a huge state of depression, I couldn't do it. Throughout 2019 and 2020 I just kept enjoying the memes and shitpost from the series on Facebook. I was feeling a lot better but I still had not the courage to watch the series. One thing I remember is the news about the series finale and the shock from the whole fandom about it. It made a bit of an impact in me to know that the series had come to its end. :awed:

Part 2

From middle towards the end of 2020, on the different Facebook groups that I was in, a member in particular that goes by the name of "Lautaro Pérez" with a profile picture of Sunset Shimmer began to make his presence more and more noticeable in every group, making comments on pretty much every post accompanied by a frame or a GIF of Sunset Shimmer. It was impossible not to think of MLP with him around. (If you're from Latin America you'll know what I'm talking about. :laugh:)

Also, during this time period, my friends and I had made a Discord group, and I noticed that one of them had a profile picture of Twilight Sparkle on his account. I asked him about it, but he told me that he had never seen the series. As a joke, I would always ask him, "When are you going to invite me to watch My Little Pony?" But he would never answer. :okiedokieloki:

On the other hand, I joined a group of memes and shitpost of MLP on Facebook on December 2020. Aside of the daily regular content, some people would share their opinions and experiences with the series, as well as pictures of their products from the series. :eager:

These three factors greatly contributed to the growth of my interest in My Little Pony. By 2021, it was official, I WANTED to watch the series. The thing is, I didn't really have the time to do so due to college. :coco:

Part 3

A couple of months later, thanks to vacations, I had the right time. And finally, on April 15, 2021, I started watching the series, ending on May 15.

Oh, my god. I absolutely loved everything about it after the first episode. The characters, the plot, the music, the animation, the designs, the artwork, everything was absolutely PERFECT.

Now, I must say that with all the pain in my heart, I deeply regret not having watched the series before. It was definitely a huge mistake to misjudge everything and not having given it a chance before. I really wasn't prepared for the thoughts and reflections it might give me after watching every episode. Season after season and special, shorts and movies... Watching the unique characters develop in their world, going through all their adventures and emotional journeys, made me feel like I've never felt before. :(

Now I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around the fact that the fourth generation is over. But one thing I know for sure is that now I am part of the fandom and will never leave. I'll love and enjoy G4 until the day that I die. :rarity:

I am excited to see what's next and to see what G5 has to offer. :grin:

And that's my story. I hope it wasn't too boring. :eager:

I'm really happy to be in a great community like this.

Thanks for reading, see ya around! :)

IMG_20210628_180028015_HDR.thumb.jpg.7497cb2801681726d49e557383bd84d2.jpg

Welcome, my friend.

• Brohoof 1