Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can I have some player character attack ideas for a Kirby or Mega Man styled My Little Pony platforming game?

DPBOX

(edited)

I want ideas for attacks for some of the playable characters in a Kirby or Mega Man styled My Little Pony platforming game I'm working on. The characters I want ideas for right now are the Main 6 members and Celestia and Luna. Each of these 8 characters will have 3 forms corresponding to the small, big, and fire forms that Mario normally has, and the attacks of each successive form will have more range and will cover a greater area of the screen or make it harder for the player to get hit since all enemies in the platformer die in one hit. The characters and forms will be as follows.

Princess Twilight Sparkle (her smaller Alicorn we see for the majority of the show) -> Queen Twilight Sparkle (her adult form we see in the last episode) -> Queen Midnight Sparkle
depowered Princess Luna -> Princess Luna -> Nightmare Moon
depowered Princess Celestia -> Princess Celestia -> Daybreaker
Rarity -> Luna-sized Nightmare Rarity -> Celestia-sized Nightmare Rarity wearing golden armor
Rainbow Dash -> Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash -> Nightmare Dash (I'm not exactly sure on Rainbow Dash's forms yet.)
Fluttershy -> Flutterbat -> Nightmare Flutterbat (really dark yellow almost black Celestia-sized Flutterbat)
Applejack -> Rotten Applejack -> Nightmare Rotten Applejack (I'm not exactly sure on Applejack's forms yet.)
Pinkie Pie -> Pinkamena -> Nightmare Pinkie Pie (Please, no mature concepts such as blood and knives. Stick to her party themes.)

Edited by DPBOX
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Can I have some player character attack ideas for a Kirby or Mega Man styled My Little Pony platforming game?

I will list ideas for weak, medium, super power. 

Twilight: Simple blast from her horn, stun blast, force bubble that captures multiple enemies, big force field

Rarity: blast from her horn, levitate, wrap up enemy in fabric

Applejack: throws apples, throws apple cider, uses zap apples

Pinkie Pie: short range party favor (the things you blow), party cannon, big cannon that put confetti on the whole screen

Fluttershy: thows squirrels, throws badgers, The Stare

Rainbow Dash: punch, dash hit, sonic rainboom

I'm sure there are better ideas but that's what I have so far.

• Brohoof 1

Heya! I moved your topic over to Button Mash's Code area since you're looking for help with developing a game. 

I don't have good fleshed out ideas at the moment, but I'll be sure to drop them here when they come. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

For Rainbow Dash you could have her create a little mini tornado/vortex that would just strike an opponent directly or pick one up and shoot it out the top. Alternatively one of those little miniature thunderclouds that the pegasi jumps on to make it shoot out lightning.

Fluttershy could potentially call up an animal stampede or get an animal friend to take out an enemy (bear?). 

I think the basic move should be more related to ponies/their 'race' (unicorn, pegasus, earth) and their "ultimate" or a stronger move should be something related to their cutiemark/talent.

A 'fire form' could be the same for each of them and along the lines of that bit where Twilight catches fire in S1E15 or just likr Fluttershy using the stare instead of her ability to communicate with animals.

Edited by StormyVenture