Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most popular male MLP character.

CastletonSnob

Well, there is Spike, being there since the very beginning as Twilight's assistant. There's also Discord, who's always a lot of fun to watch. And I guess there's Big Mac, being Applejack's brother and married to Sugar Belle.

Eh, I'm fine with either

• Brohoof 1

Flash Sentry! Nah I'm kidding. :P He's a nice guy, but he's more of an Equestria Girls character.

I vote for Spike. It helps he's a main character alongside the girls

• Brohoof 1

Spike and Discord, apparently. Spike seems to be a bit better known and there is more fan-made content with him in it, but I haven't met many people who consider Spike one of their favorite characters (unlike Discord).

Shocked by how many people said Discord, considering the controversy surrounding him. :umad: Granted, Discord used to be one of my favorite characters, but my opinion on him has kind of soured over time. I think the most popular one is Big Mac, not just because of all his appearances in the show, but the fact that he's a good candidate for the one who has the most likable and relatable personality. 

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Shocked by how many people said Discord, considering the controversy surrounding him. :umad: Granted, Discord used to be one of my favorite characters, but my opinion on him has kind of soured over time. I think the most popular one is Big Mac, not just because of all his appearances in the show, but the fact that he's a good candidate for the one who has the most likable and relatable personality. 

I mean it can be argued that his initial popularity was why he was brought back in the first place, not to mention, his relationship with Fluttershy was very popular too.

I'd say the most popular males were either Spike or Big Mac though

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Megas said:

I mean it can be argued that his initial popularity was why he was brought back in the first place, not to mention, his relationship with Fluttershy was very popular too.

I'd say the most popular males were either Spike or Big Mac though

No way would I argue his initial popularity considering how big of a fan I was of him back in the day. The story of him being brought back though is...interesting. Keep Calm and Flutter On is based off a story by a fifteen-year-old brony, after all. It sounds like bs because of the "no writers reading fanfics" rule, but it's true. Teddy Antonio was an actual young fan whose parents were friends with Meghan McCarthy. 

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...