Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Rise of the Stars roleplay (1x1 with CatponeCerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

With the Fironians gone, everyone moved on with their lives but, things have changed. The portals, worlds, and new nation.

How will Quasi and Ruby raise a nation? What will happen with Arrow and Ember?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi was talking to Ruby about what Ruby would wear during the wedding.

"No white dress? Jewelry? You like gems, right? Maybe a dress with all kinds of gems?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Arrow was at the coffee place with Ember when he talked about the wedding.

"I never expected Ruby to get married to anyone except her gems. Do you think Ruby cares about Quasi in some way?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Taking shelter in a cave, the warrior princess of Cryoni looked outside to survey for any threats.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I like to hoard gems, not show them around, there's a difference." Ruby pointed out, now that she had taken off the jewelry that used to protect her mind, she felt bit more comfortable actually, she didn't know why, probably something instinctual "And even if I would have agreed to follow traditions of others. white dress would be idiotic choice, I exhale bit deeper once and it's black." "I'll make my own outfit, it's only fair,  I have to tolerate taking part in a ceremony from other cultures, so I'll bring my own culture with me in it." the choice of words were purposeful here, not her kind's culture, her culture.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"She certainly despises him less than others." Ember stated, taking a sip of her coffee, she was lot more casual and warm toned now that she wasn't working "But I don't believe the marriage really means anything to her, she doesn't seem like the type to care." "I'm honestly curious to see if she even bothers to show up in her own wedding." "There has to be something between them if Quasi got her dragged into this, after all, we are talking about someone who is ready to die before she does something she doesn't want to." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vix stretched as he walked out of the cave, the greenish blue kobold always felt so weird going scouting, he was ready to give his life to protect the family yes, but with the youngest one being able to eat him for breakfast, it felt odd, even after all this time.  This of course didn't mean he was a pushover, size was very deceiving in this case, outside his natural magical abilities, he was always carrying his staff and scythe with him, both infused and enchanted with powerful magic, he also had a shield just in case. 

Currently all his equipment was sheathed, shield and staff on his back and the scythe hanging from his belt, he walked to a nearby tree and climbed up, it was the highest place nearby, so it was good place to see if there was anything to be worried about around.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Alright, whatever you want, Ruby. I made the guard armor look silver and gave them pretty looking spears, that's their ceremonial look but, I made sure it is useful in combat too."

"Also, we got mail. Many leaders from other nations have sent their regards. I've also invited some people. Expect to see the some leaders from this world and Princesses from Equestria. I even invited Arrow and Ember and then theres a warrior princess from some place called Cryoni, I think it's near Dasonia, Strings, she plans to pay her respects, so that's nice."

"Be nice to the guests and don't insult their gifts. They're probably gonna bring a bunch of shiny stuff."

--------------------

"I doubt Ruby will wear a white dress, as funny as that sounds. I once heard Quasi call Ruby cute. Can you imagine? Ruby being considered cute?"

--------------------

Seeing what looked like a small dragon, Strings was curious. She knew what a kobold was but, didn't know they existed so, she assumed it was a small dragon playing dress up.

She approached the kobold seeing if he was lost.

"Are those real weapons and armor? Not sure a child needs to be playing with that, you lost?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Bleh" Ruby let out "I can keep insults to myself but I won't be any nicer that I usually am, no special treatment to anyone from me." tolerating everyone was a one thing, but trying to please them? not Ruby's style, she was like she was and anyone who didn't like it would be free to leave, if it had been fully up to her, the whole ceremony would have been skipped. "Nobody is forcing them to talk to me." she wasn't planning to purposely make anyone's time awful in the wedding, but she wasn't going to be the source of joy either, she wouldn't be acting like anything she wasn't.

-------------------------------------------------------

"It really depends on what exactly it is that is considered cute, for a dragon she is quite attractive physically, if I was her size, I probably could consider her cute." Ember said thoughtfully "But if it was in context of personality or something, then Quasi either knows something we don't or he has lost his mind." she took another sip "Could be both."  "For her outfit, I'll be surprised if she wears anything besides maybe a crown of some kind." "She's the kind I could imagine in some kind of ceremonial armor, but we know how she feels about armor, so it's unlikely she would be wearing one, even for a wedding." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Being up in a tree, Vix noticed the approaching creature, and thus was already standing on a lower branch with his staff on his hand just in case when she came close. "That's a new one, usually creatures ask where my wings are, or what kind of a dragon I am, or if I'm just a weird drake..." he sounded surprisingly casual, for the question regarding the weapons he didn't say anything, instead he lit a nearby bush on fire with the staff, before moving his free hand causing the fire to go out, all this while still standing on the branch, while he did it, he continued speaking. "Do you often just approach armed strangers because you think they look like a kid?" "Could have gone badly there if you would have managed to go unnoticed." "No, not lost, or a kid." "Or a dragon, because I know that's coming."  

@Catpone Cerberus

"This is why I'm afraid to let you give speeches, no one wants to hear you talk about you hating the citizens of your nation and that you hope they die or something. They view you as a strong courageous leader, let's keep it like that."

A nightwing would walk in with other nightwings. They all had many carts with different types of food, all of them meat of exotic animals.

"King Quasi and Great Queen Bekisnhlekil, we have brought the best we could find. Fruit was also brought for the rainwings and ponies."

------------------------------

"Maybe she'll wear the skin of a dragon but, I doubt Quasi would allow it."

"I hear the jackals fell pretty fast, Sky and Myra had their baby in Dasonia and Sky was assigned a healer to help him with his PTSD. From what I've heard, he's improving already and is respected as a leader along with Myra."

-----------------------------

"A kobold, found in stories within my land. I smell others, kind from a ruthless land that I once went to. Not the one I've met, that one is somewhere getting ready for a marriage, I'm going there to pay my respects."

The coyote had leather armor and helmet and a bag of gems.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"*All this time and you still misjudge me, disappointing.*" Ruby said to Quasi before turning her attention to the Nightwings, she had her usual non-feeling expression  "Good, take them to the kitchen's storage, a guard can direct you in the right direction if you're unfamiliar with the castle, and the kitchen staff should know how to proceed from that, for any further details Quasi shall explain, he is the main planner of the more...festive details."
 see, she could act like she cared at all, she did live as a pony for a while after all, she of course sounded like her cold self, but that was neutral at worst. 

---------------------------------------------

"I doubt Quasi could do anything about it." Ember pointed out "What comes to the jackals. I know, I was there, Sky hired me, I may not like him, but I keep my promises." she didn't really personally care what happened with Sky, to her he was just another stranger she did something with for a moment, and Myra, she was just a stranger, they hadn't really interacted that much. The crow poked its head out of Ember's mane, it had been sleeping in there this whole time, and had been mostly hidden until now, it didn't caw this time, it just looked around like it had just woken up, like it had

------------------------------------------------------------

"Guess that's what I get for sleeping so close..." Vix muttered to himself "Don't know anything about any marriages, so you're definitely in the wrong place." "And I don't see why it's my concern what you smell." unsurprisingly, being someone who's supposed to protect something, Vix wouldn't just straight up admit he was protecting something. "And just a fair warning, I don't know who you are, so no sudden movements, I bite." he didn't actually bite, he burned, slashed, and blasted,  among many other things, but didn't bite.

@Catpone Cerberus

The nightwing nodded and walked out with the others.

"The sweets will be pretty nice. Some of them never existed in my world. Never had wedding cake. Tried to eat a gem once, no flavor and it hurt my teeth, I see no appeal."

-------------------

"Sky isn't a bad guy, he has his own problems. Did you get any weapons from Earth?"

----------------------

"I bite, stab, shoot arrows. I've taken Equestrian dragons down. I don't intend do kill your friends if that's what you wonder."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Different species, different taste, my guess is that the Equestrians feed on the natural magic inside the gems." Ruby guessed "I don't personally see the appeal in many things, like overly sweet things, but diet is one of the few things I don't judge, if you like rocks, you can eat rocks, means less competition for me." 
she may have been trying to change her life, but she would always think things with the logic of her own gain and survival, old habits die hard as they say, and when the habit has lasted 200 years, it sticks quite a while. 

-----------------------------------------------

"If I thought he was a bad guy, I would have gone after him, not with him." Ember pointed out "And yes and no." "They don't fit my style, but let's just say I know how to get few things if I need them." no weapon would come to Equestria without someone from her connections knowing, it, like the general arrival of new criminals would be big enough problem for Equestria that like with the latter, both sides of justice agreed to stop it from happening, the point was to make Equestria as unattractive for foreign criminals as possible.

---------------------------------------------------

"So? I'm not Equestrian dragon." Vix said calmly, it may have been trust to his abilities, a bluff, or plain stupidity, one couldn't tell, but one thing was sure and that was that he didn't fear this coyote, living with the company he did really did miracles for his courage. "I'm not worried you hurt anyone, quite the opposite actually, I'm the most patient creature around here, so it would be best to do the talking with me." "I only ask to know who I'm talking to, maybe then we can sit down and have a nice chat about life or something." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe they have flavor that only they taste. Some tend to have a preference in certain colors. I also, the magic of friendship, isn't friendship simply the state of being friends, how is that magic? How does that equate to firing rainbows out of magical jewelry?"

--------------------------------------------

"I don't understand crime, why not get a job? Especially in Equestria, the wages for even the entry level jobs are livable. Our economy is surprising good despite getting attacked all the time though, getting attacked is essentially over with our military upgrades. Princess Luna has been trying to get Princess Celestia to allow it for a long time but, the war finally got that to happen. We're working on our navy, it'll be important due to the portal's location."

-------------------------------------------

"I am Strings, warrior princess of Cryoni. What are you doing all the way out here? You know a nation is being made, and the capitol is not far from here. They'll probably except you there. In fact, the soon-to-be queen is actually the same kind of dragon I smell around here. She's getting married to a dragon called a nightwing named Quasi Nix." She would show the invitation before putting it back into her bag.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"This hopefully doesn't surprise you, but I'm not exactly expert on magic." Ruby stated "But for what I looked into it in case I need to defend myself against it, it seems Equestrian magic, like ponies, is very emotional, it is not that it is literal friendship, and rather it is powerful magic that happens to be fueled by friendship." "Like dark magic is fueled by hate, anger, greed and other emotions some call negative." "But that aside, was this all for the wedding this time? I have an outfit to make."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Crime is simply more profitable, if you're good at it." Ember stated "Morals and laws are hindrance if all you want is money." "Besides, a job would be more work for those on the top of the crime-world, why work when you can order others do all the work for you and reap all the benefits without worrying about any of the risks." "It's also not only about money, it's also about power." "For the lower level criminals there is many reasons, everything from desperation to simple boredom and evil mind."

The crow in Ember's mane looked around and suddenly jumped on Ember's horn, from there it jumped on her shoulder and from there on the floor, it then went under the table, and after sounds of...hissing from all things, it came back out dragging a dead snake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vix didn't have time to say anything before another voice spoke from the cave behind Vix, it was a female voice, and sounded like it belonged to a rather sizeable dragon, though nothing could be seen, besides a pair of eyes close to the roof of the cave glimmering due to the light outside. "Are you certain it is of same species?" Vix sat down on the branch and leaned against the trunk, speaking towards the cave "I thought you kind doesn't care for marriages." "We don't, if it is truly one of us, this is quite worrying." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yes, that is all." Quasi would go check in on other things such as the food and decorations.

------------------------------

"Profitable until you get caught. Eventually someone will tell on you or the authorities will find out. What's stopping me from snooping around, gathering a little evidence, and taking it to the proper authorities? Sure for the average pony that may not be an easy task but for someone like me, it wouldn't be a problem I've done it before. I've also worked with other skilled ponies in my role as a royal guard to help arrest ponies in the criminal world when law enforcement isn't enough. I've seen it things come crashing down on these types of people. And I have no doubt you have too. Honestly, I'm actually considering doing your kind of work."

"Should I freelance or work directly for the Equestrian government though? Of course, whatever I choose, I will work in a way that is legal for me. If I do it illegally, don't I become my own enemy then? Law and order is important, and I don't doubt you agree to some extent. Do you fear the day your work becomes unneeded and they government does their job properly? Or do you welcome the day you nolonger need to fight? As a warrior I have mixed feelings. I want peace to happen but, what would I do? The ways of war is what I know. The battlefield is a home for me."

----------------------------

"What's the problem? It's just marriage. I'm more worried about her breaking someone's bones again than her love life."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You know where to find me." Ruby then made her way out of the throne room, and headed to where the dungeons of the castle used to be, she had done some redecorating in there, turning it into her own room, as she liked the cave like environment there, and in her opinion keeping prisoners right under the ruler of the land was quite foolish and waste of guards. It was now basically a long hallway leading to a thick door, of course sealed with powerful spells, and behind that door was a Ruby sized throne decorated with bones.

The whole place really fit Ruby's personality, and it also fit well for someone called Bekisnhlekil, nobody would need to ask if they had came to the right place, the hallway, while not decorated by anything too special, had quite the eerie atmosphere, and depending on if Ruby was present or not, anyone coming there would see either the bone decorated throne or the door with engravings of death and fire at the end of the hallway. The fact that the engravings were clearly made with claws also added to it.

It wasn't too inviting, but that was kinda the point, this was Ruby's personal quarters, she would be doing most of her Queen duties in the main throne room, the only reason she had a throne here was in case if someone bothered her when she was there....and in case someone ever needed...assurance regarding her being serious about something, nothing better to show someone's place without violence than lead them through a dark and damp hallway into a room decorated with death.

She opened the door and went past the throne, and through another sealed door that then lead to her actual living space, which was basically a room with a pile of treasure in one corner, pile of bones and scales in another, and few bookshelves with books here and there. She took the scales she had taken with her from the homelands, some gold from her treasure pile, and bones, then proceeding to a empty space in the room and starting to plan the outfit.

If anyone came to her, she would climb on the throne about when whoever it was was in the halfway of the hallway.

"If everyone got caught eventually by the law, I wouldn't be needed." Ember pointed out "The whole reason I do what I do is because there are those who avoid it, though we'll have to see what happens now after the....improvements" "And while I'm not sure if your question was rhetorical or not, you know how I feel about working for the government." "I'll celebrate if the situation ever gets such that I feel like I'm no longer needed, but it would be naive to claim I would put my weapon to rest, as it is part of me, I would need to find something else to fill my time." "Though I hope I won't need to rise it against a tyrannical government after that." it was a slippery slope, law and order was good, but too much of it could turn bad. She took another sip of her drink, she glanced at the snake for a moment but didn't think much of it, the crow took off with the snake and flew out, soon coming back without it, and after checking under the table once more, it went back into Ember's mane.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"We do not love as you define it." the voice said "Marriage is but a tool to get what one wants to those of us who know what it is." "It is not the marriage itself that concerns me, but the dragon behind it, one of us as a queen of another land is a worrying thought, because no matter how educated one may be, we are malevolent by nature." "It also poses a threat to us, as this dragon may see us as intruders on her territory". 

@Catpone Cerberus

"I doubt we will have tyranny. Princess Celestia is no tyrant. And rumor has it, there are plans to have Twilight rule the land. She shows promise but is also naive at times. And governments aren't as bad as you think if they are run well though I do fear for our government. Monarchies may have a good ruler for a time but when a new ruler emerges, tomorrow is never guaranteed."

-----------------------------------------

"Quasi Nix is a good person, plans to set up checks and balances to avoid tyrannical rule. Personally, it looks like the other just wants the high position. And it's a country not a military base. She may be wary of you but, she won't outright attack you. Quasi Nix will keep her in line."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby would eventually proceed into making the outfit, and if she was not interrupted, it would take some hours to make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is not Equestrian rulers themselves I worry about." Ember pointed out "It's the outside influence." "I don't care what anyone claims, the Earthlings are violent, power hungry and greedy, I have connections there now, I know what's going on in there." "And there is no doubt they will do their everything to get our world under their control too." "Taking control doesn't always mean war, it is manipulation, small pushes to right directions." "Their criminal world is already trying to do that, and considering how easy it seems to be for them to do so from that side, I find it likely that if not directly helping, the governments at least do nothing to try to stop it." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You underestimate our kind." the voice stated "It may not seem like it if this one is anything like the rest, but we are very patient creatures, what is generations for you, is a mere blink in our lives." "And set rules only matter if there's someone strong enough to uphold them." "It also does not need to be tyranny to someone have all the power, creatures are easy to manipulate, that is the whole purpose of politics." it seemed that no matter the individual, certain believes among this species were constant. There was another voice, it said something in different language, to which the voice that had been speaking answered in same language, no other pair of eyes came to view nor did the speaking dragon show herself yet.

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi would do his own thing, his outfit was already chosen some sort of armor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is true that the Earthlings are another breed, though not all of them are evil, many want peace but there is always someone wanting to ruin it. There is also nations wanting control of everything, that is true. They seem fond of telling other nations what they are and aren't allowed to do. But while I was in the meeting room guarding the place previous to going into reserves, I've heard some things. Princess Luna brought up this issue to Princess Celestia, they don't plan to be told what to do."

"There is a lot of violence in that world, the jackals are gone but there are also other terrorists forcing their own beliefs through violence. One group kidnapped an Equestrian citizen and cut their head off and posted it on that internet thing that has been introduced to our world. Princess Luna herself led an attack to burn down one of their training camps and also led another attack to arrest those responsible. The head cutters in that video are now all in a maximum security prison. Seems they're only using tararus for actual threats to Equestria like tirek. And as for Luna, she's probably sitting in a throne room satisfied with the results of her actions."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quasi Nix is immortal. He cannot die of old age. And the other dragon has some sort of respect for him. Quasi can probably hold the dragon back. He even is cloning some scales of your kind that he killed to make armor for his soldiers, so I'm sure he can take her in a fight if he had to."

@Lucid_Nightlight
After Ruby was done, she would stay in her room until someone needed her for reason or another.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is too early to say one way or another." Ember simply stated, finishing her drink "But don't say I didn't warn you if things go bad, I know I'm being pessimistic about this, but I'm either right or will be positively surprised." "The Earthlings themselves also aren't the only thing I worry about, the amount of negativity, pain and other such things that bleed through that portal and comes with each visitor....Equestria is filled with monsters that feed on emotions of all kinds, I can only imagine what kind of horrors it may wake up some day."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Such naive little thing you are, I envy you for your optimism." the voice said, before the speaker finally revealed herself, walking into the light, she was light blue dragon, she had the same build as Ruby, but she was bit spikier and didn't have black horns and such. Though more notably, her left hind leg was missing, as was part of her right front leg, there was also this weird, almost open wound looking crack going through her body in several places, and in that crack something purple and green was moving. 

She walked using her intact legs and what was left of her right front leg, her movement was smooth and quick enough that one could guess she had been like this for a while. When the dragon came out, Vix dropped down from the tree and walked to her, gently patting the side of the big dragoness "Don't worry, I'll go check the situation at some point, we'll be far gone before there's any trouble." 

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi would walk up to Ruby. When a nightwing came in.

"Our scouts were scouting the area under the cover of night when they picked up a smell similar to yours. We suspect it's in one of the caves a mile away from the city. Would you like for us to investigate further?"

Nightwings were good at hiding in the darkness given their dark color.

-------------------------------------------------------

"I worry about the windigos. Dangerous things."

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you hide? Are you afraid of someone?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby was lazily sitting on her throne when Quasi, and then the nightwing approached "I'll go investigate it myself, if it's truly more of my kind, there isn't much you can do." "Avoid the area for now." she didn't believe it to be a direct threat yet, if someone was planning to attack, they would have dealt with the scouts, because dark in color or not, there was many ways to spot someone besides seeing them, and her kind was very good at that.

She turned to Quasi "*How did my kind manage to go through the portal unnoticed? I thought your kind was guarding it.*" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"They are included in 'horrors' " Ember stated "Though maybe instead of bothering us, they'll just go through the portal to Earth, there's bound to be lot more for them to feed on than here." 

---------------------------------------

"Not afraid, we just want to be left alone." the dragoness said "Other creatures also tend to see us as a threat, that's why Vix is big help, he deals with the necessary socialization."

@Catpone Cerberus

The nightwing nodded and left.

"No reports have appeared. I suspect they entered the portal during the war. Should we handle the issue? We should find out why they are there.  Hopefully they didn't form an army. A war would be devastating. I don't suspect that to happen. Though, a contingency plan is in place. We'd take out their leaders and ensure that their government collapses. Of course, I don't expect a government to form there."

His explanation of the plan was a simplified version, there was a lot to it.

------------

"I'm surprised that the windigos haven't attacked Earth."

"I like Earth in some ways. Their history is rich and their cultures are interesting ever read The Art of War?"

He opened the book to a random page and showed it to Ember.

-------------------

"That seems pretty negative, and a threat? Nothing is a threat if you have the right weapons and strategy."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"It's not an army." Ruby stated confidently "Not only would the scouts not have made it back if whoever it is had plans to attack, but my kind simply has no way of knowing about the portal, not to mention this nation." she got up from her throne and walked out of the room, waiting for Quasi so that she could close and seal the door "And like you said, my kind won't be forming any governments, or an army in that matter, it's simply not possible at this point." "Whoever it is, is trying to stay hidden, the question is, why." she didn't directly answer the question, but by how she was making her way outside, it should have been clear enough that yes, she was planning on handling it. "The fact that there was a scent to be found tells me that this one is either careless or isn't aware of us." 

"Only reason for me to learn about their culture is to prepare for having to face their kind in the future." Ember explained, not focusing much on the book "Can't say I like it though, violence is big in their cultures, it makes even dragons look peaceful." 

---------------------------------
"Threat is a threat no matter how easily dealt with." The dragoness stated "And don't try to boast, I have been cursed with power I didn't wish for, your weapons or tactics are meaningless, lucky for you, I have been away from my kind long enough to not follow their violent ways anymore."

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi would follow Ruby out of the room.

"If it is possible unlike what you said, it would require outside interference. Even then, nation building is no easy task, especially if it's literally from scratch. You'd to make it worth it for them, if it benefits them, they'll bite. Though, my plan is to leave them to their lives. But again you may be right, it is impossible, too much greed and fighting."

"Perhaps this dragon or dragons is like you. Found a good opportunity and took it. Hopefully they aren't anyone you know since, all the dragons I've heard you know you literally want kill and skin. Wait a minute, why did you skin that one dragon? Know what? Don't tell me, I don't wanna know. And to think," he laughed. "you're the least scary of your kind."

"Ruby... what did Gladia taste like I'm actually curious."

-----------------------------------

"It's mostly their past, they're trying to have peace now but there's always someone there to ruin it for the rest of them. Once someone attacks your nation or have an agreement with your allies to defend them, you really have no choice." He said this pretty casually. "But it is true, their culture has stemmed from wars in some ways, they make up much of their history, but there is more than war of course. Music, shows, games, holidays and books. But are ponies much different? Are we peaceful because we want to be peaceful? Or is it out of necessity. If the windigos were not a threat, would things really be the same?"

Again he spoke casually, he seemed to respect Embers views but also said his own for the sake of conversation. To him, it was just opinions.

"Is it normal for one of your kind to share territory with someone? Especially one that is a different type of dragon? According to a dragon named Moonwatcher, she took notice of this happening with two leaders of the new nation. From what I'm seeing, there is some sort of mutual respect, maybe more. Allegedly, she hates pretty much everyone else, even my husband, and he's a friendly pacifist."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"If my kind ever joins together, you need to be worried, and you need to be even more worried about whatever worries my kind enough for them to cooperate." Ruby stated, her kind was dangerous, but whatever would be bad enough to give them a reason to form an army would be even worse. "And It is unlikely that we are dealing with someone I know, because besides two, they all are already dead, and those two are too big to go unnoticed this long." "And she tasted exactly as one would think, whatever creature the specific part resembled, not that I tasted it for long, since I rather quickly only tasted blood, both her and mine." 
it may have seemed odd that she didn't address Quasi calling her least scary, but the reason was simple, she had no reason to try to scare him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I first must point out your flawed way of looking at this, you don't need literal war to be violent, have you seen their entertainment? Their sports? even the toys their offspring play with? violence is everywhere, let's take the things you listed, music, there's lot of it about violence, games, violence, holidays, days of ended wars, remembering those wronged by their own species....books, more violence, you just showed me a book as an example that has the word war in its name." Ember pointed out calmly "And I do believe ponies wouldn't end up in such situation even if there wasn't necessity for being in peace, in fact, the windigos are a good example, ponies weren't killing each other before they appeared, they weren't creating weapons of mass destruction, they were isolating from each other." "If you hadn't joined together, there wouldn't have been a war or violence, you all would have just frozen to death and starved." "Even when the sirens attacked, there was no deaths, they mind controlled everypony to act in worst ways their minds could come up with, and the worst that happened was some property damage and black eyes." she pointed out, she too was perfectly calm "I also have first hoof experience to know that ponies are naturally peaceful, being a combination of a pony and a dragon, it is very obvious to me what traits come from what side." being someone who studied individual creatures and the ways they act as part of her job, Ember had looked into the general behavior of all intelligent species she was aware of as best as she could, of course there was always outliers, but that was the reality of life. 

"Normal, no, we even chase our own offspring away after a while, but unheard of? no." The dragoness responded "There's many reasons to share a territory, sometimes another dragon may be so weak that it's not worth the effort to chase them away or kill them, or maybe it's not a rival, for example, while most predators have been killed off from the homelands, small predators still thrive there because they are not in competition for food with us and are small enough that besides the youngest of us, they are not worth hunting either." "In this case it could also just be an act, like I said, we are very patient creatures." "One can also win our respect, Vix here is a good example, physically he's absolutely pathetic, and he acknowledges it himself, I'm also not big fan of magic..." Vix didn't seem bothered by the dragon's words, he just kept his hand on her side and leaned on her casually like how someone would lean on a tree "....but he has our respect, even Danthe treats him well." "For your husband, the reason is obvious, he's a pacifist, their kind finds that pathetic." 

@Catpone Cerberus

After some time they'd get close to their target.

"I smell them coming from over there. Hopefully there's no fight."

----------------------------

"True," Arrow acknowledged. "I understand the appeal to some extent in terms of entertainment. They like to romanticize struggle, it's like an adventure to them. Like how we romanticize tales of heroes. We're guilty of wrongdoing too, while we're less violent, our kind does have a problem with things like theft, swindling, lying, and things like that. They may not have the same effect as violence but, they do have a negative effect nonetheless."

"Sky said it was a fruit that caused this. Honestly, I've seen much and that wouldn't surprise me at this point."

-------------------------

After a while, Strings picked up a smell.

"They've found you I think."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Both Quasi's and Strings's comments would go ignored, as the two dragonesses could sense each other before anything else could be sensed from them, and soon enough they had a direct eye contact, be it quite a distance away since one of them was flying and one was on the ground. Thus they were well aware of each other at time of the comments regarding the smell.

When Ruby and Quasi first came to view, Vix took step forward and stood before the bigger dragoness, taking his scythe in one hand and casting a magical barrier around the cave, himself, and the dragoness with the other.

When they landed, there was a moment of silence between the female dragons as they estimated each other's threat, though neither of them were the ones to break the silence, as it was broken by a growl coming from the cave, the origin which became clear soon enough, as another dragoness, only a bit smaller than Ruby, came out of the cave and walked straight to face Ruby, she didn't attack, but it was clear it was a threat. This one was darker blue than the bigger one, it was even spikier, and instead of bigger wound like crack, her scales seemed to be cracking less but in many more places, and again there was the green and purple movement. The smaller dragoness also had all her legs intact, but was missing her wings.

The tension was high, but until Quasi or Strings did something, none of the dragonesses attacked, and after few moments of new silence, the biggest dragoness spoke in their native language "*We have no interest in bothering you, Black-horn.*" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We do indeed have our own problems, and that's exactly why I don't want Earthlings to bring more of them." Ember agreed "If your boat has a hole that is leaking in water, you don't solve it by drilling more holes." "And I don't believe in the fruit thing, as it is only one explanation their kind has for things, and many in there don't believe at all." "They are predatory species, they are violent and aggressive by nature." "Like Ruby's kind."