Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 song revealed in toy.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

The toy’s adorable but... :wacko:

I know this is hypocritical because we have had Pinkie Pie rap before (I love Pinkie to bits but that wasn’t exactly a great moment either) but this still sounds a little off. I was expecting way worse however and I know we only have less than a minute of a low sound quality version of it. People have said it could be used for the moment we saw in the teaser where Izzy is clearly saying something while presenting Pipp. It fits quite well. 
Maybe the songs will be fine, but Daniel Ingram’s musical ingenuity will be very sorely missed. :(

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

44 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

this still sounds a little off. I was expecting way worse however and I know we only have less than a minute of a low sound quality version of it

Yea it does sound a bit off maybe they cut it off a bit too quickly too. Yea the sound quality doesn't help either sounds all rattly.

Cheesy a bit maybe lol oh well its alright and cheerful sounding so far haha but nothing like fantastically musical. At least I get a sense of Izzy's personality. 

15 minutes ago, eventyraren said:

When in the movie do you think this will be sang? 

It's usually the nicer songs at the beginning (I'm expecting this one to be there :fluttershy:), the mysterious ones near the end, and then a BIG one at the very end.

6 minutes ago, Gaines said:

It's usually the nicer songs at the beginning (I'm expecting this one to be there :fluttershy:), the mysterious ones near the end, and then a BIG one at the very end.

Thinking of it. Pipps scean in the voice revile trailer shows Izzy present here with a Unicorn horn. I belive this song will come at Izzys home when the others has to Disguise themselfs as unicorns

• Brohoof 1

Wow. I did not expect that. The song was alright, but quality of it sounds a bit off. Hopefully the movie presented it decently even though I'm gonna miss Daniel Ingram.

Well, the lyrics sure are interesting, albeit weird. At some points hard to make out what Izzy is saying, but the general gist of it seems that she is telling her newfound friends how to fit in with the unicorns (presumably in the Bridlewood Forest). I actually guessed that there would be a scene along these lines after the short clip of Pipp dressed up as one, so it is neat to see that may be the case. The idea of these non-unicorns pretending to be so to fit in with the townsfolk is an interesting concept, and I hope it is executed well. 

As for the tune and melody...it could use some work. From the little bit of it I heard, it kind of just sounded like a generic kids movie song. That being said, since we only have a poor audio snippet of the song, I won't judge it too harshly yet. The potential movie song "Glowing up" on the other hand gives me a headache just reading the title. I have a feeling the music of G5 won't be as good as that of G4 (which is admittedly a hard thing to live up to).

6 minutes ago, Landi said:

I have a feeling the music of G5 won't be as good as that of G4 (which is admittedly a hard thing to live up to).

It was not untill "Winter wrap up" That the music in G4 was any good. So give it some time. 

9 minutes ago, eventyraren said:

It was not untill "Winter wrap up" That the music in G4 was any good. So give it some time. 

I suppose there could be a slight chance the music could live up to that of G4, but I doubt it. The songs of G4 had lots of heart and passion put into them which makes them hard to beat. Plus, "Fit right In" is a tad basic sounding from what I heard, and the name "Glowing up" makes me nervous. But again, I'll reserve my full judgement on G5's music when I get to hear in all the movie. For now I'm just making speculations.

• Brohoof 1

Its not the best quality and I am not sure what to make of the lyrics yet (not all that impressed by them from what I can make) but the tune is catchy, if its a full music number in the movie I think I will like it. By the way, the voice as far as I can tell sounds really good. :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... Despite it being a snippet of a song (This is my assumption here), it was surprisingly catchy. Maybe it's because I'm rather easy to please but I'm liking where this is going. Now all we need is a complete song (Again, my assumption) and perhaps in a better quality due to what we heard came from a toy.

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

That's not very nice. I liked it enough. 

Sorry, to be honest, Pinkie is the one of the ponies I dissliked the most, so that is maby why I do not like the song.