Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel awkward while brushing MLP toy hair?

Paleopony

(edited)

I have some brushable figures and plushies that have plastic hair. I bought them secondhand at thrift stores and such. They initially have messy hair with knots most of the time and need to be fixed up in order to look nice. However, when I comb their hair to make them look better I feel kind of weird doing so. It's just seems a little feminine to me. It doesn't help that the toys were made for little girls! :twismile:.  Imagine if your parents walked in and saw you doing that!  I would be embarrassed for sure! Maybe it's just me.

Do you guys feel the same?

Edited by Paleopony
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Do you feel awkward while brushing MLP toy hair?

Nah I used to do the same thing with my Equestria Girl, Ever After High and Monster High dolls when I had them. Their hair would be terrible looking out of the box and I was not having them displayed on my shelf with messed up hair. No shame in taking care of your stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Naa. This isn't even a new thing with Ponies either. There were male pre-Brony fans of the toys; a lot of them with G1. Collecting G1 was big enough to have its own conventions, but it was limited to interest in the toys and didn't really expand further into Pony culture. Toy collecting, maintenance, & restoration has been a hobby for a VERY long time.

• 2 weeks later...

of course not hehe c;

i like to take care of them cuz they're pretty valuable to me and i dont want their manes to be all tangled up so :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 3

I  don't have any of those, but I don't think there is anything wrong with brushing their hair/mane. If you like to do it, then do it. :3 

• Brohoof 1