Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your grandparents know you're a brony?

Paleopony

No, neither do my parents or anyone else. It's one of my personal interests besides other things and not something too serious that I feel like having to "come out" or confess something. Neither I expect my son to confess me anything. He can be straight, gay, brony, weeb, furry etc. it's not something that should cause anyone feel any abnormal. We are all humans... or ponies (or whatever we like) after all with our unique interests :D

But that's just my personal opinion

• Brohoof 1

My grandmother on my mother's side knew, but I've always incorporated what I like about this Fandom into other hobbies and interests. On top of that I was already a weird kid from a weird family so nothing's ever really been thought of it.

If my other grandparents know then they just don't care. It's not something that really comes up in discussion even though I'm open about it.

My maternal grandparents wouldn’t have any opinion or understanding (as they probably don’t know what MLP is), nor am I close enough to them to casually mention it.

My paternal grandmother knew, and I’d shown her several episodes (although she was hard of hearing and had some slight visual recognition impairment). One of my favorite memories was showing her “Flutter Brutter”—and, with no previous knowledge, she called Fluttershy a “pushy broad.” :BornAgainBrony:

My grandparents have passed away some time ago. They would totally support me, as they supported my odd obsession of power lines and road signs and being different when I was little, while my parents were more skeptical.

However, I think you should never give up to show, and prove to your family, that what you are into, means a lot to you, and makes you a better person.

• Brohoof 2

I have no grandparents anymore since 2016 so this is something I can't answer. In fact, my grandmother on my mum's side might have been the only one who I could've told as she was alive during the show's early years. Alas, I didn't so that opportunity has forever been lost.

They do because I gave them my mlp stuffed animals to give to my less fortunate extended family members kids. I never see that side of the family but they do.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Lunaholic said:

It's one of my personal interests besides other things and not something too serious that I feel like having to "come out" or confess something.

My thoughts exactly! :ticking:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nope, only one of them is alive anymore, and I don't think she'd really understand it. Though there was one time she heard me and my nephew (he also used to watch the show) talking about MLP – she said something about how nice it was of me to discuss his interests with him (she probably thought I couldn't care less about MLP). :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...