Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Breezie's Tale: A private RP between Diverse and Misty

North Star

Diverse turned over to Misty to ask where they should start.

"I guess we will start there then. I am pretty sure that they ended up going in that direction when I got carried by the owl," Misty said, shuttering when she mentioned the last word, "I don't know much about this area, because this is the furthest we ever had to migrate in order to collect pollen."

Misty was quite nervous about entering the forest, considering what happened last night, and the giant creatures that live there, but she figured that as long as they stayed as a group, they would be fine.

If Diverse could survive out here for who knows how long it has been, then Misty could at least do it for a day.

But then again, fate hates me, and I hate fate back, so something bad is bound to happen.

Gah, stop being so pessimistic right now, you have to think positive!

Positive? I nearly died twice yesterday! TWICE!

Yeah, but I didn't. So maybe fate doesn't hate me.

Misty sighed. She was always having an argument with herself. It was like having shoulder tulpas, except instead of angel and devil Misty, its optimistic and pessimistic Misty.

• Brohoof 1

Diverse noticed the look in the white-coated Breezy's eyes and the little quiver of her two-tone mane as she thought about her struggles with fate. Diverse wondered what the little Breezy had meant when she said fate hates her. Could it be a curse? And no Breezy should hate fate. She wondered if she might be able to help Misty reconcile with fate... but for now, they had an immediate problem: tracking down the two companions!

As they trotted into the forest, the trees loomed over the two little Breezies and their zebra companion and they could see no sign of Windermare or Breezy Gale. Diverse called out their names as they went, but her tiny voice disappeared into the gloom. After an hour of fruitless trotting Diverse decides they need a new strategy. "If we were Windermare and Breezy Gale where would we shelter? In the tall trees, or the shrubs or even in the ground, maybe in a burrow? And how would we try to get back home safely?" Diverse pondered aloud. Sheltering in the trees would be safest - so long as they didn't stumble on a bird's nest or a hive of hostile little-kin, like wasps. If they had sheltered in the bushes or on the ground then they might have encountered friendly giant critters or little-kin, like grass-hoppers, but they might also have been taken by a hungry bird or lizard! 

Diverse looks to Misty for any further ideas as to where her friends might have sheltered in the forest.

• Brohoof 1

"Let's see. I think that most breezies would choose to stay up in the trees where things can't step on them. Maybe a tree hollow? I think that birds would be a danger whether breezies are up in the trees or down on the ground. I don't think that they would stay in a burrow, considering that usually, there already are animals living there. I would say that our best bet would be up in the trees. The problem is that I can't fly."

Misty started scanning the trees, but she quickly realized that they probably wouldn't see anything from down here. If it was a good hiding spot, they wouldn't be seen from below.

"We have to somehow go up there and look. If they are managed to find a good place to shelter themselves, then we wouldn't see them from down here. Unless if they think that there are breezies looking for them..."

Misty couldn't help but to be annoyed that the forest was just dark enough that it would be easy to miss the breezies, but just bright enough that it would be easy to miss the breezie's glowing antennae. A question suddenly flew into Misty's head.

"Hypothetical question: Do you think that they see us but are afraid to come down because of Gathii here? I mean, it all started because Gathii was walking in the meadow yesterday..." Misty whispered to Diverse. Misty knew that Gathii wouldn't understand, but it still felt wrong to say this quite literally behind his back.

• Brohoof 1

Diverse’s antennae quivered as a loud screech of a bird distinguished itself from the noise of the general bird-song, humming of insects and the wind through the leafy canopy - but no danger appeared. She was reminded, however, that every second Windermare and Breezy Gale were alone in the forest, exposed them to danger.

Diverse agrees that the trees would be the best hiding place and hopes that Windermare and Breezy Gale had the presence of mind to recognise it themselves. Diverse scanned the trees as they passed, similarly unable to make out any tell-tale hiding places or Breezie antennae peeking out through the leaves of the canopy.

She sighed and nodded as Misty explains about Gathi.. If she had been in their tiny Breezie horse-shoes, then she would have felt the same. An idea comes to her, “If you think you can, we should climb up into the canopy and spy out their hiding places without Gathi here. I should be able to carry you tree-to-tree a little way, provided there’s a breeze. We best look out for any predators though – in the daylight I do not have any spells. What do you think?”

Gathi, who can hear the two Breezies chattering and can see them pointing up at the trees and at him says something in Equestrian that sounds concerned, but Diverse shushes him as she waits for Misty’s answer. Diverse and Gathi had a fairly robust business-like relationship. While Diverse respected the stripey equine and Gathi seemed to enjoy the elegant presence of the rare Breezie and her contribution to his garden, they were not exactly ‘friends’. In part because both Diverse or (although Misty does not yet know this) Gathi have been separated from friends and family and both are wary about making a commitment to the other, and also because Diverse mistrusted giant-kin in general.

• Brohoof 1

Misty instinctively ducked when she heard a bird screech. When nothing appeared, Misty calmed down, but just a bit. She knew the bird could easily be hidden behind the leaves, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. After a few more seconds of cautious silence, Diverse spoke up and explained her plan. Misty noticed that there was a slight breeze going through the forest, which was perfect for flying.

"I think that sounds like a plan to me. I can feel a slight breeze going through the forest, which is perfect for flying." Misty noted, "But we have to be careful. Even though it has been quiet for a bit, I still think that bird is still around."

Gathii seemed to say something in a concerned voice, but Misty couldn't understand him. She just hoped it was just him telling Diverse to be careful.

Diverse agreed the plan and she carried Misty up to the tree branches as quietly as she could. They looked around and Misty noticed two glowing antennae in the distance. They were quite far away though and they were upwind, so it would be almost impossible for Diverse to fly toward them.

"There they are!" Misty whispered to Diverse. Misty waved as hard as she could to try to get their attention, along with flashing her antennae. They noticed and started flying over.

• Brohoof 1

After a brief explanation, relaying the point that Gathii may scare the other breezies away, the two Breezies climb the tree. Gathii recedes into the gloom, looking anxious. But Diverse does does not pay her zebra-acquaintance mind as she follows Misty.

Diverse is initially thrilled when Misty points out the glowing antennae in the gloom of the forest. However, as soon as she turns towards them, she feels the powerful breeze push her back. She realises, as any Breezie would, that it will not be so easy to flutter towards them. 

Diverse tries calling to the two Breezies, but her itty bitty Breezie voice is carried away on the breeze. 

"We will have to pull our way there through the branches!" she says to Misty. Diverse struggles along the branches, tiny hooves gripping the bark, minute mane fluttering in the upwind. She manages to claw her way to the end of the nearest branch, but as it tapers, the branch bends with her weight and she clutches helplessly to it as it flaps around in the upwind. In the early afternoon, without her magic, she is helpless, "Misty! Help!" she cries, clutching on for all her life.

• Brohoof 1

Misty watched as Diverse crawled towards the other breezie. She wasn't sure if following was a good idea. That is when Diverse reached the end of the branch. Since the branch tapered near the end, it wasn't stiff enough to support Misty. In addition, the wind had picked up a bit, so Diverse was holding onto the end of the branch for dear life.

Misty knew she had to help Diverse, she just wasn't sure if the branch could support the two of them near the end. She carefully made her way up the branch, watching how much the end bent in the wind. When Misty got close enough, the grabbed onto Diverse's rear hoof and slowly pulled her back to there the branch was thicker and they wouldn't whip around in the breeze.

"We can't fly over there, we can't climb over there, I think we just have to hope that the other breezie would be able to make it over here instead. Hopefully they would be able to use the wind to fly toward us. I think they see us though." Misty explained. She looked over at Diverse.

• Brohoof 1

Clutching on for dear life with her hind legs, Misty manages to drag her new Breezy acquaintance back from the swinging branch - just in the nick of time too, a moment longer and Diverse could have been blown into the canopy, into branches that would have torn her wings or even predators!   

Diverse gives Misty a hug as she gets back to safety, "Thanks! I owe you one." she says gratefully. 

Diverse and Misty ponder how to get across the awkward branches. Diverse notices that the other Breezies antennae do seem to be turned towards them although she can barely see them in the gloom of the canopy. She gets a nasty feeling in the pit of her stomach as she sees only one set of antennae - was the other Breezy around the other side of the tree? The Breezy does not make any move towards them, probably worried about the powerful afternoon breeze knocking it off its perch and into the branches, as had almost happened to Diverse.

When Misty mentions the possibility of bringing the lost Breezies to them, Diverse gets an idea. "We could ask a friendly critter to deliver a message to them for us and maybe help them down." she pauses. "I should have thought of that before! It's been such a long time since I've been out without the moon that I forgot about how important it is to have friends out here."

Diverse thinks of friendly critters that might help out. Butterlies were friendliest with Breezies, but would struggle just as much as they would in fluttering over to deliver the message. Bigger creatures, like Gathii, were also out because, even if thety could climb, they would scare the breezies off. A friendly small critter like a squirrel might be persuaded to help? Diverse had picked up a few words of critter - invaluable in the wild, and most critters knew how to signal basic words like 'friend' 'follow' etc so hopefully the errant breezies would know what the critter meant as it relayed their message. She could ask Gathii for a forest treat to help persuade a critter to help them. 

Diverse explains all this to Misty as they debate what to do.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Misty nodded as Diverse explained her idea of asking other creatures for help. "Yeah that makes sense. I wonder what kind of creature would be kind enough to help and would be able to make it from here to there easily..." Misty thought out loud. Misty noticed a chipmunk going by just as she said that and she waved the chipmunk over.

"Hi there, would you be kind enough to send the breezie over there a message asking them to meet us over here? We would if we could, but the breeze is too strong..." Misty asked the chipmunk. The chipmunk nodded. Then, it scurried over towards the other breezie. Misty was surprised that the chipmunk was able to understand her, and she stared in awe as the chipmunk effortlessly leaped from branch to branch in the swift wind.

The chipmunk came back with Windermare on her back. The three of us thought about giving something to the chipmunk for helping us, but we didn't have anything the chipmunk was interested in. The chipmunk claimed that she was happy to help and that just thanking her was fine. All three of us thanked her and she continued on her way.

I couldn't help but to notice the similarities between Windermare and Diverse. The only difference was that Diverse had freckles, and the fact that Diverse had a black pattern on her wings. I always found the pattern a bit strange but I never got the chance to ask.

"Diverse!" Windermare demanded while narrowing her eyes and shaking her head slowly, "What are you doing here and what did you do to Misty? You know better than to go around messing with the enclave members after that kind of stunt you pulled off several years ago."

"Woah, woah woah woah, let's focus on the more important issues here. Where's Breezy Gale?" Misty asked.

"Wait, I thought he was with you...

No, I got separated from the others by the zebra yesterday...

So where is he?

You're saying that he wasn't with you?

Oh dear.

Stop copying me.

No you stop copying me!

You know what, this is ridiculous. Let's just go find Breezy Gale and get back to the enclave. I'm exhausted." Misty and Windermare both copied.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

Diverse wiped her breezie brow with relief that they had found a chipmunk. Provided they had eaten, they were among the friendlier critters of the forest - very sympathetic to the plight of small beings like themselves. 

She was relieved and saddened in part that the chipmunk returned with a lone Breezie. 

When Windermare had dusted herself off and was settled on the branch, Diverse was dismayed to be recognised and chastised. Windermare must have been a breezie-filly when Diverse was exiled and had clearly remembered the reason for her exile! She droops her antennae sadly and makes no attempt to defend herself, looking dejected. She had expected this rejection from Misty and had been so happy with the care-free night and morning they had enjoyed together, which had brought back so many memories of home. She hopes that Misty would not reject her now.

When the discussion turns to Breezy Gale, however, Diverse looks up anxiously. In the time it had taken the tiny Breezies to ascend the tree and then group together, it was already getting towards evening. The portal would be closing soon. She decided she had to make a stand. Puffing out her lil breezie chest she raises her voice, "Windermare, you are in no condition to find your friend, and the portal is almost closed! You need to get home!" she cries, not wanting to admit the truth... but refusing to keep quiet. "The enclave needs both of your pollen... and mine, if need be." 

"I promise I will find your lost friend, but this is not your flight."

• Brohoof 1

"Are you giddying me!? You, the outcast, are telling us what to do? You certainly have quite the nerve. Come on Misty, let's go find Breezy Gale and head back to the enclave before the portal closes. If we can't find him, we will just head back right before the portal closes. You seem care a lot about the enclave despite not living there. If you insist on trying to find Breeezy Gale, then you can follow along, but I'm not heading back until either I find Breezy Gale or until the last minute the portal closes," Windermare snapped.

"Woah, let's all calm down before we say something we regret. We all want to find Breezy Gale and get back to the enclave before it closes. We should probably focus on finding Breezy Gale since there is limited time." Misty said, putting herself between Diverse and Windermare. When Diverse tried to protest, Misty put a hoof up to Diverse's lips.

"Don't bother. When Windermare sets her sights on something, there's no stopping her. She's one of the bravest most determined breezies in the enclave. Also, Breezy Gale and Windermare go everywhere together. Let's just say, they like each other romantically." Misty explained, whispering the last sentence.

By now, they had ascended the tree and were on the ground. Misty felt a bit confused on who led them down in the first place and who she was supposed to follow. Both of them looked quite similar now that it was evening.

Windermare gasped. "A zebra! I'd have it know that I can pack quite the punch!" Windermare shouted.

• Brohoof 1

Diverse couldn't help give a small smile at Windermare's feisty attitude. She was reminded of her mom and herself at that age. However, she still thought that the risk Windermare was taking was too great. As she went to emphasise her point, though, Misty intervened. Realising the strong bond between Windermare and Breezy Gale, and accepting that she was outvoted, Diverse sighed and accepted the group's decision. "I understand." Diverse whispered back to Misty, and lowered her antennae submissively to Windermare, happy to let the younger Breezy take charge for now.

Diverse called out to Gathii, mindful of the mistake that had befallen Misty just yesterday - where a shocked Gathii had flicked Misty into the path of an owl. Diverse warned Gathii about the other Breezy and then called out to Windermare and clutched at her shoulder before she did anything precipitate, "He's a friend! A friend!" She explains about the relationship with Gathii, and eventually the zebra understands. Diverse invites every-Breezy onto her ride.

"If we're going to find your companion we must work together! Now," Diverse hops onto Gathii. "Do you have any idea where Breezy Gale might be?" she asks.

As early evening falls on the forest, and the day-moon rises in the sky, Diverse's antennae begin to glow brighter, energised by the moon's presence.

• Brohoof 2

Windermare was still a bit suspicious of Gathii, but she ultimately decided to get on when both Diverse and Misty convinced her to do so. She didn't exactly trust Diverse, but she trusted Misty. The three of them got on Gathii, and Gathii trotting around, not really sure where to go.

"So, boss? What's the plan? Do you know where Breezy Gale might be?" Misty asked.

"The last time I saw Breezy Gale was just before the zebra showed up. Funny how that zebra looked a lot like this one..." Windermare explained, mumbling the second sentence, "As I spiraled away, I saw Breezy Gale spiral towards the ground. Then I heard an owl. over by where you were, and I flew in the opposite direction towards the trees. I would have fought that thing but every breezy knows you can't fight owls! Anyways, Then I saw you fly off in Breezy Gale's direction, so I thought he was with you." Windermare explained.

"Oh!" Misty nodded in understanding. You see, the owl you mentioned grabbed me, actually, which is why I can't fly." Misty showed Windermare her torn wings.

"Oh dear. That looks really bad. Don't worry, we can fix it once we get back to the enclave," Windermare said.

"Anyways, when I was being carried by the owl, I saw some breezie antennae glowing in the meadow below. I'm pretty sure it was in the direction Breezy Gale spiraled. I had almost became an owl's midnight snack had it not been for Diverse over here. She saved me, so I think you should lighten up a bit with her." Misty continued.

Windermare grumbled something about the council of elders not wanting enclave members to mingle with outcasts. Misty couldn't help but to feel that Windermare was determined not to be too warm towards Diverse. She could understand why, but she couldn't help but to feel bad that both were friendly towards her despite this grudge. She wondered what Diverse thought of Windermare.

"Wait, if we both think Breezy Gale ended up in the meadow, we should head there," Misty said, "Diverse?"

• Brohoof 1

Diverse quickly explains the situation to Gathii, who is saddened by the fact that Misty's friend is still lost. Gathii nods his head to Misty, recognising the dinstinctive white Breezie's form. However, Gathii is diffident with Windermare, in part because she is so similar looking to Diverse. The two breezies look alike even to a fellow-Breezy, so much so that the big zebra constantly has to check who he is talking to. Fortunately, Diverse's wings do tell the little Breezies apart - Windermare does not share Diverse's dramatic black and white filament, but other than that, to giant-kin, they do look very similar :P 

As Diverse and Windermare clutch to the striped Gathii, Diverse casts the other Breezy a number of glances, building up to something. Eventually, Diverse asks Windermare about her mother, Wind Blossom, who is Blossom Swirl's sister and Diverse's aunt (Blossom Swirl is Diverse's mother). 

As the trio of Breezie's caught up, and Gathii trotted. they ended up not too far away from the meadow. Once the Breezie's decision was apparent Diverse directed Gathii back to the meadow. As they broke from the tree-cover, the moon was already high in the sky - it was getting late! Misty, Windermare, and even Diverese were anxious with the knowledge that the portal to their home would soon be closed upon them.

The meadow in the early evening hummed innocently and busily with activity. Butterflies explored the stems of the meadow grass, aphids perused the dandelions, while caterpillars munched through the leafy undergrowth. Everything seemed peaceful, just as Diverse and Misty had seen before. 

Diverse frowned, "While everything might seem fine on the surface of the meadow, it is truly a battleground. Little-kin, such as ants, fight on the bottom surface, while mice and grass-hoppers contend for the blades of grass, and, as you know Misty, Owls patrol overhead." As Diverse lists the many enemies of breezie-kin, her wings glow ominously in the moonlight. "If Breezy Gale is here, he must have left a trail. And we must find it." Her eyes glow white, reflecting the intensity of her desire and her magic that is kindles by the evening breeze.

• Brohoof 1

At first, Windermare and Misty wern't sure what Diverse meant, but upon closer inspection, Misty noticed something was off. "The grass here has been disturbed, almost as though something, or should I say, someone, has been dragged along the ground. Look at the way it is bent over compared to the grass nearby," Misty explained. Windermare still looked a bit confused, but once Misty pointed out the pollen trail to the other two, their suspicions were confirmed. Windermare gasped.

"You don't think..." Windermare quavered.

"Yes, I'm afraid so. Breezy Gale had been breezy-napped." Misty said with a determined voice that even shocked herself. She was surprised she was this brave.

"Follow that trail!" Windermare shouted. Diverse translated it to Gathii and he galloped the entire distance in less than a minute. The trail ended at an ant mound. None of the breezies noticed any other breezies though. There were just a lot of ants out on the ground. A lot of them. Misty started scanning around for anything that would suggest that a Breezie would be nearby. She noted that there weren't any glowing antennae, which was a bit strange, since breezies usually have their antennae glow this late at night.

"It ends at an ant mound?" Windermare asked, confused. The confusion quickly turned to anger. "If those ants do anything to Breezy Gale then!"

"Hey, hey hey. Breezy Gale is most likely still on the surface. There is no way they could have dragged him down an ant hole," Misty explained, "It's too small for a breezy to fit." Misty also noticed the ants started to congregate near Gathii. "They can smell us," Misty explained, "So we better come up with a plan fast before they come up with one for us."

• Brohoof 1

@Ocean Wavedream; @Starforce

Diverse fluttered her wings with worry when Misty points out the drag-marks along the grass – she had hoped that Breezy Gale might have managed to get to the shelter of the forest. Near to where the track-marks begin, Diverse thinks she sees a small mound and some movement in the grass, but in her eagerness to follow the trail she thinks little of it. As she follows the trail she thinks about Breezie village – her enclave – and her shame at being unable to do more to help return Misty and Breezy Gale (and their colleted pollen) to the village. She felt like she had only just rediscovered her Breezie heritage and was already letting her home down.

As they follow the trail, Diverse’s sense of disquiet grows – she looks down from her perch on Gathii, alongside Windermare and Misty, at the drag-marks and she can only imagine the terror of Breezy Gale as he was dragged along. She does not, however, get any sense of what might have captured him. The tracks that a critter would leave, such as the paw-prints of a stoat, are absent.

The trail ends at an ant-hill – Diverse facehoofs with frustration when she sees this. Ants could be the worst little-kin to deal with. Ants were not evil, like wasps, but were rigid persecutors of any-creature they felt had wronged them. If they thought that Breezy Gale had harmed their colony then it would be very difficult to make them relent.

“They must know where he’s gone.” Diverse said hopefully. “I’ll ask them.”

Diverse gulped. While Breezies, like all little-kin, could speak with each other, including ants, it was never easy. Diverse fluttered down near one of the entrances to the hill.

“Hail!” Diverse greeted a worker.

“Evenin’, you’re big for a butterfly.” The worker grunted, not stopping.

“Yes, well we are looking for our friend…”

“Look lass, I cannae talk. Mouths to feed and all.” The worker says gruffly.

Diverse stomps her little hoof in frustration as the worker trots off. She looks back to the group pleadingly – she might have been in Equestria for longer than they, but she needed a bit of Breezy back-up to talk to these awkward creatures :P

• Brohoof 2

Windermare grumbled as she watched Diverse and the worker ant converse. "Those ants with their rigidness and rudeness... They won't tell us anything unless if we force it out of them!"

"You!" Windermare shouted as she stepped up to an ant, "Where's the breezie!? You've got places to be and so do we, so cough it up!"

"Some of the soldier ants took the breezie over to a small  burrow to interrogate him. That breezie is nothing but trouble. He crashed right into our ant mound! Now step aside, or the soldiers will have to take you too." The worker ant said. The ant gestured towards some soldier ants nearby, who started approaching Windermare.

"The ant's right. Breezy Gale got dragged in the other direction. You can see that Breezy Gale collided with the mound here from the ruble and the spilled pollen. In addition the trail didn't exactly suggest that they went this way," Misty pointed out.

"Well then, let's go!" Windermare shouted. The three breezies climbed back onto Gathii and he galloped in the other direction. Soon, the trail came to an end.

"Well, would you look at that, a  burrow..." Misty noted.

"I swear that wasn't there before..." Windermare grumbled.

All three of the Breezies dismounted Gathii and cautiously entered the  burrow. They were met by a large group of soldier ants interrogating Breezy Gale. Breezy Gale was pinned up against the wall by some of the ants.

"Breezy Gale!" Windermare shouted.

• Brohoof 2

@Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

As they entered into the burrow they could see Breezy Gale's white and golden form restrained by grassy chains. He was pinned up against the wall as well and he was currently explaining the situation to the ants. "I told you again and again, it ain't my fault that I crashed into your ant hill! There was a stray breeze and before I knew it I ended up inside of here, interrogated by you, refusing to hear my plea!" he was frightened, but was also very frustrated with the situation that was occurring. 

His eyes narrowed further. "I am on a vital mission, and if you stand in the way of the Galenator's mission you will be doing a disservice to my kind! While I apologize for my accident and am more than willing to help you repair the damage, it would truly be a shame if you ruin relations with others, isn't it? So go on, let me out of here and we'll be on our way." he snickered with a grin. "But if you want to risk keeping me here, then go for it! Your consequences to face, and besides, I'm sure we could be willing to work out a...deal." he said with a rather shrewd yet nervous grin across his face.

Upon hearing Windermare's voice his antennas perked up. "Windermare! As you can see, your friendly neighborhood breezie here needs a bit of assistance! Now would you be so kind to assist your ailing, lost, and entrapped ally?" he spoke with a grandiose manner. 

• Brohoof 2

When Windermare sees her little Galenator suffering in the clutches of the evil ants, she holds her head in her hooves. She does so only briefly, however, before roaring towards the burrow where Breezy Gale is held.

She flutters her antennae about angrily and flutters her wings... but the soldier ants soon subdue her. They place their jagged jaws on Windermare's sensitive antennae.

Diverse looks horrified towards Misty. "What should I do!?" she says. The moonlight catches Diverse's wings ominously. Misty would be aware that if that magic could subdue ponies then it would be more than powerful enough to subdue a hive of ants.

Ant carries larvae in the background - this is a living hive.

• Brohoof 2

The other soldier ants started to approach Misty and Diverse simply for accompanying Windermare. Misty looked towards Diverse. Misty knew that Diverse probably could use her magic to subdue the hive of ants, but according to Diverse, trying to do it on so many creatures at a time could lead to some unintended consequences for some unintended targets...

In addition, Misty wasn't much of a fighter. She would much rather settle things diplomatically rather than with a fight. However, she wasn't sure what she could leverage in order for the ants to let the breezies go. Ants weren't exactly interested in pollen, and if they agreed to fix the ant mound, the portal would have closed before they finished.

Suddenly, he antennae lit up as an idea appeared. She shouted, "We were chased by a, umm, Cockatrice! It's, uhh, pecking at the mound! You better do something about it!" Misty shouted as dramatically as she could.

Windermare seemed to catch onto what Misty was trying to do. "Oh the horror! Almost being pecked to death! It would be a shame if the soldier ants didn't scare such an awful monster away from the ant colony!" Windermare gasped, doing a surprising job of pretending to be timid. 

Misty elbowed Diverse to play along.

• Brohoof 1

Diverse suppresses a grin, realising what Misty is up to and thanking the moon mistress that she could avoid damaging the ant colony: her conscience weighed heavily enough upon her already.

"Oh my, I see it too! The horror, the horror!" Diverse puts a hoof to her forehead and pretends to faint, but keeps one eye open to see if the soldier ants believe the ruse.

Fortunately ants have virtually no concept of lying, other than the queens. Ants live simple rule-driven lives for their hives with no need to develop a skill which, at its heart, relies on individual creativity. The leader of the soldier ants immediately orders his ants into motion: "Runners: emergency pheremone to quarters one through ten now." he roars (altho he's a lil ant so it is still fairly cute and squeaky). "Soldiers to me: put your mandibles to use! We destroy a titan today! For the hive!" the soldiers cheer and most head in the direction of the 'cockatrix'- no ant betrays even the slightest fear - which is rather chilling to the more easy-going and timid breezies. Diverse's heart sinks, however, at the leader's next pronouncement: "Units 12-14," three soldiers stop in their tracks and look round, mandibles waving curiously, "stay with the prisoner. Keep him safe but prevent him from leaving until after the titan is dealt with. Inform the next leader-unit of these orders if I return to the cycle defending the hive." The three soldiers immediately return to the breezies and look menacingly towards the chained up Breezy Gale.

Diverse waits for the other ants to leave, but knows there is no time to lose - the ants would keep following the ruse, but once the queen was informed they would work out what had happened and then Diverse and WIndermare would all join Breezy Gale in captivity! Before Diverse can do anything though, Windermare springs into action, fluttering up to catch the breeze she beats her powerful (for a Breezie) wings. Like her namesake, she creates a little swirling wind - just enough to send the nearest soldier ant into a spin and disorientate it. Breezy Gale, meanwhile, flutters up himself - straining against the grass chains and dislodging one of them. Diverse also rises up, her magic igniting in the dim light of the evening moon combined with the breeze. Her antennae flare brightly as she dances in the breeze, willing the magic to take the form of telekenesis - the two ants that were advancing on Breezy Gale freeze in place. As Diverse swoops and soars in the evening moon, her antennae seem to conduct the ants' movements - the three guard-ants are roughly sandwiched together and then, with a flick of Diverse's now painfully bright antennae, Diverse flings the ants unceremoniously over the anthill. For a pony this would be standard telekenesis, but for a Breezie the force is awe-inspiring. Diverse tries to avoid flinging the ants anywhere they would get hurt - and ants are pretty tough at falling from large distances - but the power of her telekenesis relative to the ants is so great that it is hard for her to be gentle enough with them - they should live, but will be sore.

Breezy Gale and WIndermare, who had never seen a breezie use magic like this, may be shocked by it - on the other hand they are pretty distracted right now. 

• Brohoof 2

Breezy Gale was quite shocked at the display of magic on Diverse's part. He was quite pleased at what she did to the ants. While he didn't want the ants to die, he couldn't feel much sympathy for them either. His wings perked up and he managed to dislodge another grass chain as he repeatedly did various attempts to free himself. 

Breezy Gale smirks at their ruse widely. "I knew ya could come up with something! That is some pretty powerful magic you got there, Diverse! But let's waste no time, the Galenator requires your assistance! Some of these are wound too tight for me to completely dislodge!" he spoke quickly, although Diverse would notice how impressed he was at her display of magic. 

"Can you hurry up here! We gotta get out of here, these annoying ants will soon be onto us if we don't get out of here!" he was quite frantic to get out of here, but he was sure that they could handle it well enough.

• Brohoof 1

Misty had seen Diverse's magic once before, but seeing it in action once again didn't make it any less magical. However, there wasn't any time to waste. Misty noticed that Breezy Gale was having trouble freeing himself from some of the grass chains, so she quickly flew over.

A quick glance and she realized that because of how thick it was, it would be almost impossible for Breezy Gale to dislodge it. In addition, it was tight enough that Misty wouldn't b e able to get her hooves underneath it to rip it. Misty looked towards the others for help, but they were too busy tying up the soldier ants with grass chains.

"Hmm, well we can't dislodge it, I can't rip it..." Misty pondered. Her eyes fell on a rose thorn that somehow got stuck to her pollen basket. She didn't remember how it got there. "That could work... Ok Breezy Gale, this might hurt a bit."

"Stop dilly dallying over there, Breezy Gale and Misty, we have to get out of here!" Windermare shouted as she wrestled with a soldier ant.

Misty got to work right away. She carefully slipped the rose thorn under the grass chains, then pulled, cutting the grass effortlessly. The grass chains fell apart. The only thing it revealed was pressure marks from the chains.

"Phew, I thought I was going to cut you there..." Misty sighed a breath of relief. She quickly made her way over to the other side and repeated the process. Once she finished, she slipped the rose thorn back into her basket where it wouldn't poke her accidently.

Huh, how convenient. Maybe fate doesn't hate me. Gah! Now isn't the time to be doing this argument! We are still in an ant colony!

"Breezy Gale!" Windermare said as she went in for a hug, "Thank goodness you are now free. Now we aren't out of the woods yet. Let's get out of here!"

Everybody headed towards the entrance, but it seemed that they were just a bit too slow.

"Oh dear..." Misty said.

• Brohoof 1

@abrony-mouse

Diverse fluttered anxiously around Breezy Gale, barely hearing his praise in the fret of the rescue. She tried pulling at the grass to break it, but couldn't break the fronds! As Misty cut Breezy Gale loose with the thorn, she gave a little dance of joy.

"It isn't over yet Breezies!" she calls out, as the ants began to swarm back. 

The ants gave a furious battle cry and charged.

"Fly you foals!" Diverse shouted to the others. She fluttered down to Misty and motioned for her to get on her back. She wanted them all to fly out of the entrance of the burrow.

• Brohoof 2

Breezy Gale smirked widely as he was freed. He flares his wings. "Lets stop squeezin' bladders, and let's get at er'!" he declared and with a fast flap of his wings some of the ants were moved back from the force of his wings. "They don't call that a gale wind for nothin'!" with a sudden burst of energy he flew into the air and proceeded towards the exit at a rapid rate. He was so very glad to be free of that dreaded ant hill. He would await the others at the exit, while making sure no other ants were waiting outside to ambush them.

• Brohoof 1