Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Breezie's Tale: A private RP between Diverse and Misty

North Star

Misty climbed onto Diverse's back just as the ants started coming back. They appeared furious and were charging straight towards them. That is when Breezy Gale knocked back the ants with the breeze of his wings. Now Misty was really surprised. She never knew breezies had the ability to do that. Perhaps she would have to ask Breezy Gale about it when they got back to the enclave. As soon as she got into a secure positition on Diverse's back, the group took off towards the entrance. Unfortunately, the entrance to the burrow was long and narrow, and despite the breezies trying to fly as close to the ceiling as possible, Misty couldn't help but to feel like they were awfully close to the ground.

"Please don't say there are any more ants, please don't say there are any more ants..." Misty whispered to herself as she clung onto Diverse. The group of breezies managed to exit the burrow.

'Oh will you look at that!" Windermare said, pointing to the huge cluster of soldier ants on the ground below.

Some of them noticed the breezie group trying to get away and they jumped into the air. Misty felt a soldier ant clamp onto her hind legs. More soldier ants jumped onto the group and started to form a longer and longer chain dangling from one of Misty's hind legs. She screamed.

"Get them off of me! Get them off of me!" Misty panicked, hyperventilating. If enough ants managed to join the chain, then they would be able to drag Misty down. 

"I'm trying!" Windermare shouted as she repeatedly punched the ants dangling from Misty's leg as hard as she could, "They just won't let go! Why do you guys have to be so stubborn!"

• Brohoof 2

Diverse saw Breezy Gale flutter powerfully past her and even push back ants with his wings. Diverse was equally impressed by the impetuous Breezy’s speed and wing-power as concerned to see him flap towards the entrance alone and hoped that no ant or hostile critter would capture him as he streaked ahead. She called out to him to flutter towards the big stripey giant-kin, by which she meant Gathii, her friend (although she would have to explain things later when the group was out of danger).

Turning back to the others, Diverse looked round in disquiet as the ants swarmed into the burrow. Her fear turned to horror as she felt Misty snag on her back and she fluttered despeately, tryig not to fall, weighed down by the grasping ants. She cried out at the ants, “Leave her alone!” Windermare punched at the ants holding onto Misty's leg but it was no use, the soldiers held strong.

Diverse tried not to panic and to think calmly: how to remove this pesky ant? Her first thought was to call to Gathii to scare the ants away – all thought of a peaceful solution gone – she tried shouting for him and lighting her antennae in the dim burrow but there was no answering below of his giant-kin zebra voice. Perhaps the zebra hadn’t seen her or was too protective of the little ants to stomp into a swarm?

Her next thought was to use her magic, but with Misty on her back and ants now swarming all around – some were on the ceiling of the burrow as well as the throng below – she could not dance and flutter to activate her magic.

In desperation she tried to think of any other trick she knew that could help. She remembered from her earliest days as a Breezy exile, when a praying mantis had caught her and she had thought she was Mantis-food – but had escaped when it had sneezed on the pollen from her basket which she had flung into the Mantis’ jaws. Just as she had done then, diverse took some pollen from Misty’s basket and sprinkled it into the face of the ant on Misty’s leg. There was an ominous few moments, but after a second its antennae began to wriggle in discomfort and then: *achoo!* it sneezed and released its hold! The chain of ants fell harmlessly to the ground and Diverse fluttered on. "Lets go!" she encouraged Windermare.

They weren’t out of danger yet though. The exit to the burrow was in sight, but all four Breezies still needed to get there.

• Brohoof 2

@abrony-mouse @Ocean Wavedream

Admits all the roaring activities occurring within the area Breezie Gale would continue flapping his wings to keep the ants away. He would proceed towards the exit to the burrow. "It is wise of all of you to let us all go! We will never return to harm you again, but continue to keep it up and we'll have to use unsavory measures to ensure our escape. Back off." he spoke with one powerful flap of his wings that knocked a few nearby ants over just as he reached the burrow. He wouldn't wait for the others though, he would aim to proceed out of the burrow on his own. He knew the others could handle it in here. He was quite eager to get out considering his previous predicament. 

• Brohoof 2

The rest of the breezies followed closely after Breezy Gale once they managed to shake off the ants dangling from Misty's leg. Misty rubbed the area where the ant bit her carefully. She wasn't sure how injured it was due to the fact that she couldn't see it from her angle. It hurt a lot, and she hoped it wasn't too bad.

She also held onto Diverse for dear life. It was hard for the breezies to fly in the burrow due to the low ceilings. The ants were hot on their tails, and Windermare was trying her best to keep them back.

"We're so sorry! Ok? We didn't want to cause any trouble!" Misty cried. She felt some more soldier ants nipping at her legs. Fortunately, none of the ants managed to grab on.

"Leave us alone! You guys are so unlikeable!" Windermare shouted. She punched one of the ants chasing the breezies and managed to knock it into the other ants, sending them spiraling back like a bowling ball hitting bowling pins.

The group of breezies shout out of the burrow, with the ants still hot in pursuit. It was late evening now, and they didn't have much time to get back to the enclave.

"Where's Gathii?" Misty shouted, spinning her head around wildly trying to find Gathii. The sun had set significantly during the time that they were in the burrow, and it was hard to see anything in the dark.

"You know, I'm surprised I'm saying this, but where is that zebra when you need him?!" Windermare shouted.

• Brohoof 1

As the Breezies exited the burrow, Diverse fluttered her wings, straining herself to propel herself away from the ant colony and into the late evening breeze. She was almost faint with the exhaustion of flapping with another Breezie on her back. 

"Gathiii!" she cried. But there was no sign of the zebra!

As she looked around, the ground became brown with thronging ants debouching from the various hive entrances. A few phrases could be heard over the hum of extremely angry ants: "The Queen demands the prisoner's antennae" and "For the hive!" and "The Princesses are here!" To Diverse's horror, after the last phrase is chanted, winged ants distinguish themselves from the throng!

"Look out! They can fly!" she shouts. "Please... Windermare... Breezy Gale... could you... take Misty?" she panted, struggling to fly up with Misty on her back.

• Brohoof 2

@Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

Breezy Gale could feel himself starting to tire a bit from the oncoming attacks but still he didn't relent. "I'll take her! The Galenator thinks we should get out of here this instant, we can't resist too many more attacks!" he shouted and quickly went on over towards Diverse and Misty, he would lower his back to allow Misty to get onto his back while doing his best with the ants. "If we get desperate enough you may have to use your power again, I can't hold them off forever!" he spoke in a shrill manner. Despite his exterior persona, he was quite terrified of this situation. Still though, he would exit from the burrow along with the others. 

• Brohoof 2

Misty carefully shifted herself from on top of Diverse's back onto Breezy Gale's back. All the while, she looked aorund. They were outside now, yet Gathii was nowhere to be seen. Misty remembered that Gathii was waiting right outside of the colony when they entered it, so where could he have gone? By now, it was quite dark, so it was hard to see anything. Wait, hard to see anything... An idea suddenly flew into Misty's head.

"Hey every breezie!" Misty whispered, "Those ants might be able to fly, but ants aren't known for their vision, and it's quite dark now. Turn off your antennae and head over to that three." Misty suggested, pointing to a tree in the distance.

Windermare and Misty quickly turned off their lights in their antennae, and they motioned to others to do the same.

"Gah, it's so hard to see. I really hope this works..." Windermare whispered.

"Hey! They disappeared!" One of the ants shouted.

"What do you mean disappeared?! Fan out! Find them and send them back to the queen!" Another ant shouted.

A loud buzzing sound filled the air as the winged ants took to the air, spreading out in different directions.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 2

Diverse nods. "Good idea!" she says quietly. Diverse and Misty pass on the message to the other Breezies and they all flap along quietly in the darkness.

As they flap, Diverse says quietly to Misty, "You know, you were great back there and that idea about the ants... my memories of home were always breezies being flutter-brained, much as I love them, but you're nothing like that." she says. "Not many breezies could handle things the way you did." Diverse gives Misty a smile and flicks her antennae at the white breezy friendlily.

It is slow flying, but eventually the buzzing dies away and the breezies leave the anthill behind. But still there is no Gathii, and each breezie becomes quiet and contemplative - minds full of the portal to Breezie village which would soon be closing. Additionally every-breezie is aware of the danger as it gets to later evening of the nocturnal animals... including owls... who begin to wake up at this hour and hunt. "Where's Gathii!?" Diverse pants, half to herself, within Misty's hearing. On top of everything, Diverse was beginning to tire, what with carrying Misty - even with the help of the Breeze. "Giant-kin always let you down in the end." ,she says bitterly, succumbing to dark thoughts. As she does so Misty would feel a cooling of the air around Diverse as shadows seem to cling to the strange Breezie's form, and there is a feeling of an evil presence - it is almost as if something was whispering beyond Misty's hearing - the tone is thick with hostility. Windermare and Breezy Gale, meanwhile, would see an ominous intensifying of the shadows around Diverse.

Eventually, at the edge of the forest, Diverse spies the white stripes of the Gathii the zebra, Diverse's companion, and the darkness and the feeling of hostility disperses. The zebra is prancing and shaking himself, flicking its tail at something on its legs and shaking out its mane. When Diverse hails Gathii, he responds morosely in Equestrian, his ears down and points at his body. Diverse shakes her head and laughs in response. "Breezy Gale - this is the zebra I was talking about. He's a friend. He says sorry for running off but apparently he's under attack by ants." she says, her bitterness gone. "Once we get rid of them we can head to the portal."

• Brohoof 2

Breezy Gale turned off his antenna and headed off with the others, being quite thankful to avoid the ants from the hill in doing so. The ants would likely be confused and not provide any issues for them once they were out of here. Upon the look of the shadows around diverse he would take a step back. "I'd say you should be careful with your power there, don't any anyone getting hurt, do we?" he'd ask, his eyes widening a bit in shock at the sudden appearance of the shadows and Diverse's tone.

Upon looking over at Gathii he would look back to Diverse, Misty and Windermare. "The Galenator thinks that given as he is a giant-kin that he should be able to handle it on his own. After all, we have a portal to get back into, ya know? I don't think we have time to waste here and from what you said previously...Diverse...we shouldn't really help him, should we?" he seemed nervous upon bringing that point up.

• Brohoof 2

"What the...?" Misty stammered when she noticed dark shadows enveloping Diverse. She almost backflipped off of Breezy Gale. The shadows felt cold, and Misty couldn't exactly explain why, but it felt evil. She wondered why Diverse felt that way. She hoped there would be an opportunity to bring this up and help Diverse feel better. However, there wasn't much that could be done now. She just hoped that they would be able to make their way home soon.

"You see, that's why we can't trust her. I heard that when she gets angry, her magic surges out of control. I also heard that if you get too close, her evil magic would take control of you too." Windermare snapped with an eyeroll.

Before Misty could reply, both of them noticed Gathii, who appeared to be trying to shake something off of his body. Diverse translated to the others that Gathii had ants on him.

"Hmmm, I don't think we would be able to fight the ants given what happened in the ant colony earlier. Perhaps we can get rid of the ants if Gathii dunks himself in water. Do you know if there is a pond or river nearby?" Misty asked.

Windermare sighed. "There's a pond about 50 meters to the left, just on the edge of the forest." She suddenly became very annoyed. "You know, I'm only agreeing to this because we have to get back to the enclave quickly. I would want to avoid Diverse as much as possible if I could." She snapped. It appeared that Windermare was quite frustrated by the whole ordeal too.

Misty sighed. She wasn't around when Diverse got banished, but she was starting to understand why. She was starting to question her somewhat warm relationship with Diverse.

• Brohoof 2

Diverse's eyes flash angrily as Misty, Breezy Gale and Windermare react to her lapse, and she has to bite her tongue not to snap at them. She had felt the surge of power as she had briefly given in to her darker self. As soon as the anger fades she feels a deep regret. If these Breezies stayed with her, maybe they could help?

Diverse half sympathises with Breezy Gale, but she is reluctant to go without Gathii - she was not quite sure where the portal was from here, but night could be dangerous for a Breezy without giant-kin, as Misty's experience with the owls before had demonstrated. Misty and Windermare come up with a good solution - a pond that was on the way to the portal. She translates as much to Gathii, who nods and gets ready to leave. Despite the threat from the ants, Diverse needs to land - she is tired from carrying Misty. She gingerly flutters down onto Gathii's spikey black and white mane, looking out for ants. "Hopefully the ants won't find us here." she says sheepishly to Misty as they land. 

Diverse looks up at Windermare sadly from her perch, there would be reckoning if they ever made it to the portal. Nevertheless she was a feisty Breezy and wasn't about to accept Windermare's tone. "I'd been doing just fine in the giant-lands without you flutter-brains!" she squeaks up sharply from her perch in Gathii's mane, but immediately regrets it and takes a softer tone - the past day with Misty had shown her how much she had missed of her old home. "Sorry... I know you do not trust me, but I promise I am no threat, and I am glad I found you all."  Diverse gives Misty a smile, hoping that the white Breezie hadn't been too shocked by her lapse earlier. 

Gathii trots itchily towards the pond. As he is trotting along, two ants appear at the base of Gathii's tale and begin advancing menacingly on Diverse and Misty. Diverse doesn't notice them, as she is looking the other way, in the direction Gathii is trotting. 

• Brohoof 2

@Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

Breezie Gale relucantly took his spot on Gathii's mane next to Diverse and the others. He looked to Diverse and looked her in the eyes. His demeanor changed completely as he looked her in the eyes. "I know very well you are capable of something that others are not, and I also know that I am not very fond of it. You will do well to keep it under control, we don't want things here getting dark do we?" he leans back, his wings relaxing absently as his words droned on.

"But if they do, you will only have yourself to blame. I know that as Breezies, we have a short time of living. That is why I try to enjoy myself while I can. If you should ever do something you regret, which I am very much sure you already have you will have to...live with it. That will be punishment enough for you. Should anything ever happen to me because of you, I will go out knowing that you will have to live with your guilt, and with that I would be satisfied enough." he grunted. Breezie Gale clearly didn't like Diverse. 

"When we had back to where we need to be, I sincerely would like to demand an answer for why you have this power within you. Either I will demand it there, or I will demand it now. I try to keep things on an upbeat path, but you know what? Right now, I'm quite frankly sick of it." he spat, pouring out his grievances towards Diverse. He didn't really care what would happen in response. 

He didn't notice the ants. Perhaps Diverse and Misty would.

• Brohoof 2

Misty sighed. The more she listened to others, the more awful she felt about everything. After Breezie Gale snapped at Diverse, she got a pretty clear picture of why Diverse got banished from the enclave. However, she still had mixed feelings given that Diverse was trying to help them get back to the enclave. Perhaps she missed it?

However, having an argument between the breezies seemed like the worst possible thing to be doing right now. "Please... Calm down?" Misty almost whispered nervously. She wasn't sure if the other breezies heard it though.

She also wondered why Diverse hated giants (at least Misty thinks it giants that she hates) so much and how she acquired this magic in the first place. Given that Diverse had saved Misty's life at least once and that she was helping them get back to the enclave, she felt that she should help Diverse if she could, but she wasn't sure how.

Misty did another sigh as she looked around casually. What she saw caused her to do a double take. Some of the ants seemed to have noticed the breezies and were approaching them menacingly.

She elbowed the others and pointed out the ants to them, making sure to stay quiet. 

"Ugh! I have just about had it with these ants!" Windermare shouted. During the journey, she appeared increasingly agitated. When she noticed the ants, she finally snapped. She flew over to them and punched both of them as hard as she could.

• Brohoof 2

Diverse clutches a black and white clump of Gathii's mane hair. Breezy Gale's outburst should not have shocked her, but she had allowed herself to hope that other Breezies would accept her. Windermare and now Breezy Gale had shown her that a return to the Breezie enclave would not be easy, confirming her fears.

Ignoring the ants, Diverse responds indignantly to Breezie Gale, "If things didn't get dark I wouldn't have made it two moons out here, and nor would you!"  she pulls at Gathii's mane and he gives an angry snort. "But don't worry, I won't harm you." she says proudly. 

She turns her back to him as he challenges her for answers. "You'll get your answers." she says faintly, her anger turning to worry as to what will happen when they get to the enclave.

As Diverse turns away, she notices Misty, who is next to her, and who seems agitated. She gives her a quick nuzzle - saying, "Sorry Misty-" but is cut off as she notices the advancing ants. 

Diverse gives a lopsided grin and takes her anger at Breezie Gale and Windermare out on the ants; she gives a quick flick of her wings and rises into the air, catching the breeze and the moon - her antennae dip darkly and the ants are flung off the galloping Gathii and into the night of the grasses that the undulating zebra leaves behind.

Soon they arrive at the water and Gathii gratefully leaps in. Diverse flutters above the water, carrying Misty. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Breezy Gale huffs at the response he had gotten from Diverse. It didn't really satisfy him in the reply that he had gotten. He just close to give Diverse a bit of a glare, "I'm watching you. I have my eye on you."  he said and then sighed, turning away. Breezy Gale would erupt into laughter at Windermare's annoyance at the ants as well as the fact that he no longer had to deal with them. More weighing on his mind was how Diverse even got her power, or what she might be capable of that they haven't showed yet. Even still he knew that he hadn't made a mistake in coming here.

The experiences he has had likely are of very few experiences a lot of breezies get the chance to have. "I better get many answers. The Breezinator isn't satisfied with being left in the dark!" he declared proudly, his original tone seeming to boil back to the surface and he smirked at the pun he has just made. 

• Brohoof 2

When Gathii went into the pond, the ants were forced to let go of Gathii. Misty got carried by Diverse over the water. When Gathii climbed out of the pond, he was wet but ant-free. Misty carefully settled back onto Gathii, being careful not to get her wings wet. Despite not being able to fly, she still wanted to be careful not to get her wings wet.

Suddenly, something occured to Misty. "So Diverse, What are you going to do when we arrive at the portal to the breezie enclave?" Misty asked Diverse in a shushed tone. She felt like she shouldn't be talking about this with Windermare and Breezy Gale nearby, but she felt bad for Diverse. She hopped Diverse had a plan for when they showed at at the enclave.

Meanwhile, Windermare was ranting to Breezy Gale about Diverse. "You know, I just don't get Diverse. How did she obtain dark magic? Does she hate giants? Is she jealous of someone like Nightmare moon? It just doesn't make any sense!"

• Brohoof 2

Diverse had been avoiding the question that Misty had just asked her. She had been wrapped up in the joy of meeting her own kind and had not wanted to think of the inevitably parting of the portal...

Diverse rubs her antennae in sadness - it had been a wonderful reconnection with her species, but she was not prepared to push Misty and her companions to stay with her. "Ok. You must go back to the enclave, and take the pollen they need. I never thought I would go back with you. I belong here." Diverse, stifled a sob as she responded, but she raised her eyes up defiantly - refusing to let the other Breezies see her grief.

Diverse turns to Breezy Gale and Windermare - her wings shiver with anger and other emotions. "You want to know how I got my powers... defending larvae like you!" she squeaked tearfully up at them. "I didn't want to be like this. I just wanted to be a Breezie like you..." she trails off.

Gathii, unused to hearing the lunar Breezie exclaiming like this, turns back and looks at them questioningly. Diverse angrily crawls into his mane and buries herself in the coarse hairs. Gathii shrugs.

Breezy Gale sat there for a few moments in silence. He was quite frankly flabbergasted by what she had stated. He didn't know much about Diverse but it did seem like she had a heart after all. It was something he didn't expect in response from her.  

His wings drooped down slightly as he looked to Diverse. "Oh come on, you can't be such a sour sap now can you?" he moved closer to her and gave her a reassuring pat on the back. "I don't know what you are, or who you are to be honest with you. I may know your name but we don't know who or what you are truthfully...the reason why I came out here on this mission in the first place is because its a big world! Us breezies don't get to live long like the giant kin, do we?" that struck a chord within him and he sort of found himself on the verge of tears at thinking of how such short mortality the breezies truly had.

"I may not like you all that much but I was the one that decided to come out here so I will have to bear the misfortunes that you carry. What made you this way? Come on, we are all deserving of such an explanation. Time is of the essence." he stated.

Despite knowing her for longer than the others, Misty was still taken back by Diverse's outburst. It made her feel absolutely awful, and she simultaneously wanted to cry and hug Diverse. Perhaps when they got back to the enclave, Misty would somehow be able to help Diverse in some way and allow her to become part of the enclave again. She wasn't sure how though. When Breezy Gale went to talk with Diverse, Misty spoke up.

"Hey go easy on her. She already helped us out a lot with getting back to the enclave on time. She isn't as bad as she seems. Really. I don't think I told you this yet, but yesterday, when I was captured by an owl, she used her magic to free me. Plus, she carried me most of this time because my wings got torn, so give her a chance, will you?" Misty said.

Windermare wasn't sure what to think. She was a very straightforward breezie: when ants attack, she punches them. It was simple. This on the other hand, was so complicated. Diverse got banished because of her using her magic, yet she used her magic to help the other breezies get back to the enclave. Should she apologize to Diverse for how she treated her? Should Diverse be forgiven? Can she be forgiven, or is what she did to horrible to do so? How would she redeem herself? And how would the enclave react to her? Speaking of the enclave, Windermare recognized the area that they were passing through.

"Hey we will be at the enclave portal soon. However, we still have a few minutes, so Diverse, do you care to explain?" Windermare asked, in a much more gentle tone than before. She wasn't used to this, considering she was usually a very tough breezie.

At Gathii's brisk trot, the Breezies are soon at the portal. 

Diverse can't respond immediately to Windermare and Breezie Gale - she is silently sobbing - touched by the faith that they put in her. "I... want to..."

"Thank Celestia the portal!" Diverse says, overjoyed that 'her' Breezies have found their way back - feeling like a Breezie boss who had herded her wayward Breezies back to the portal. But as soon as she says that, she realises these are not 'her' Breezies and that it is herself who is now in danger.

"I owe you all an explanation..." she begins. Derse is interrupted as a few Breezie guards, mounted on dragonflies, flutter importantly towards Misty and the others - gesturing for them all to enter the portal before it closes.

Diverse flutters with Misty and the others into the portal, with a sad look back to Gathii, who looks rather shocked.

On the other side of the portal, the elders are assembled. Two ladybug warriors immediately pounce on Diverse, and hold her antennae in their powerful jaws.

The elders await the judgement of Breezie Gale, Windermare and Misty as to whether Diverse is an enemy or a friend of Breezies.

• Brohoof 2

Breezie Gale was thankful at the presence of the portal but the presence of the ladybug warriors made him more alarmed than he wanted. They were too quick for him to react first - soon having Diverse's antenna in their jaws. He stood up straight and looked into the portal, looking to the elders. "Listen here, whether I like Diverse or not that doesn't matter. What matters is these actions are unwarranted! Enough trouble has been had, enough bad has happened too! Make this easier for us, and it will be easier for you as well." he barked glaring at all of them without any fright in his word.

Breezy Gale was also deeply angered that Diverse had no time to explain what she is or what she was. He smirked devilishly - he could use this situation to his advantage! "Well now Diverse, how about you explain to us, as well as to them? Kills 2 birds with one stone." he spoke with a haughty, almost giggly tone.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Misty let out a sigh of relief as the portal entered her view. It appeared that the others were too. Windermare picked up Misty and flew through the portal. However, Misty noticed that Diverse had flown through the portal with them. As soon as they exited on the other side, the ladybugs pounced on Diverse, and it appeared that even Windermare was taken back by this. There was also the Council of Elders waiting for them.

"Well, we're back..." Misty said nervously. She looked over to Diverse. "I think it would be best if you explain."

Windermare was quite annoyed at the whole thing. She was exhausted after coming back from their migration, and the last thing she wanted to do was to be involved in some drama with the Counsil of Elders.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The council of elders chitter and wave their antennae at the diverse responses from the Breezies who have spilled through the portal. Diverse sits meekly in judgment as Misty and Breezie Gale and Windermare. Misty and Breezie Gale wait for her to explain, while Windermare turns her back on Diverse and flutters angrily into the enclave. The Elders decide to call off the Ladybugs, despite Windermare's anger - impressed by the young Breezie Gale's vehemence. However, they do not allow Diverse to go free. They echo Misty and Windermare's demand for an explanation.

Diverse explains all (her backstory first):

Spoiler

One portentous night, Diverse, a young Breezie, fluttered around her breezie home and noticed what seemed to be a strange brown and white furry twig twitching in the undergrowth. She fluttered closer, her then bright pink and yellow wing-filaments dancing in the moonlight.

To her horror the twitching twig revealed three friends which were attached to a coarse brown body… before long she was confronted with the full beast – a tarantula! It reared up at her, its fangs squirting poison.

She wanted to curl up and accept her short-lived breezie fate there and then but at that moment a speckled night-lit moon caught her attention. Her breezie antenna twitched and her eyes caught a black silhouette momentarily in the moon. Due to some bizarre inspiration, she spread her wing-filaments. They caught the moon-light and the arachnid was suddenly lit up, its black eyes were streaked with moonlight! The dazzled arachnid assailant retreated, creeping out of the breezie enclave.

Her enclave learned of her bravery and from that day on Diverse was hailed as a future Breezie leader. She was feted by the male breezies with the largest antenna and she was chosen to lead the next great emigration. She was the happiest breezie in the enclave :) 

Months later, when she was almost full grown, another terror threatened the enclave. This time it was a pony…

The pony prowled about near their home, sniffing the air and flashing his horn and reaching into his leather knapsack for a stone. Every-breezie dismissed him at first – no non-breezie had ever been able to locate their home, or wanted to.

Nevertheless the pony didn’t leave. Moons passed and the giant equine stayed resolute, looking for something. Eventually, under the light of the sun, their worst fears came true and he found the entrance to the enclave – it thrust an enormous hoof into the entrance of the breezie home. The magic of the enclave kept him at bay but it was clear that their home was fatally compromised.

The elders of the community decided they must evacuate. The community knew that many breezies would not make the journey at that time of year (Winter). Elder-breezies would be left behind. But there was nothing they could do.

Diverse wept and joined in the mourning dances of the breezies, staying late under the low Winter moon. On the eve of the exodus, after all the other breezies had rested, she left the enclave and lay on a mushroom gazing up at the moon. Her antennae were moist with tears and late-night Winter dew as she contemplated leaving her home. She beseeched the speckled moon to grant her home a reprieve from the pony invader.

Hours passed - she lay for so long that she felt as if she were swimming in the night sky, yet still she refused to retire to the home she knew she would soon leave. Her frail body grew cold and soon her cold blooded insectoid body was robbed of its meagre strength. She knew that if she didn’t crawl to her enclave soon she would die… but until her home was safe she would not leave.

Just as her strength was about to falter the dark moon blazed brighter than it ever had and filled her wings with strength.

What she did next saved her enclave from the pony invader but came with a terrible cost.

Once the deed was done she found that her wings had turned black and she was made an outcast from breezie-kind forever…

After explaining her past, Diverse goes on to say that when the evil pony threatened the Breezie enclave, she drew on the power of the same moon that had saved her before. The power was stronger than anything she had ever felt, and she heard an evil laughter in her mind as it forced the pony into a neverending nightmare.

Diverse says that while she regrets the fate of the evil pony, she puts themselves on her mercy, explaining that she did all she did to defend little-kin like themselves against the giant-ponies. Diverse begs to be allowed to prove herself in a mission to serve the enclave. She promises that she no longer wishes to be an exile. Her friend Misty and her companion Breezie Gale and even the irascible Windermare, had reminded her of how much she still wanted to be among Breezie-kind. She promises to make everything right between herself and her Breezie brethren and Equestrian ponies. She promises to undo her evil spell and to renounce her magic, once she has achieved these goals. She only asks for a few Breezie volunteers to help her on this quest.

• Brohoof 2

"I would be willing to go with you," Misty said, "if there was someway to reenter the enclave once we finished." She felt that since Diverse had saved her life at least once in all this, she felt obligated to help. She looked around to see what the other breezies would do. Windermare had already flown off, clearly not interested. She looked over to Breezie Gale,

"Are you willing to help? I get it if you don't, considering your girlfriend just flew off. She probably wouldn't be interested in helping, but would you?" Misty asked.

The council of elders murmured to themselves about the idea or reopening the portal when they finished. It sounded like it would be possible to do it, but they weren't sure if they should. Misty also thought she saw Blossom Swirl among them. Misty wondered how Blossom Swirl would react to seeing Diverse again, and she tried to pay attention to what she said.

• Brohoof 1

@abrony-mouse @Zoom Jump-Scare

Breezie Gale listened to Diverse's harrowing tale and was quite surprised but one thing remained abundantly clear, if she had taken care of an evil pony why would she be an outcast, if not a hero? He was quite frankly enraged by that. While he may not have trusted or liked Diverse before, at this point he was so very sorry for his doubts in her word. "That be quite a tale indeed! But tales and bad pasts no longer matter, for how we proceed forward is what matters! We cannot allow bad names to ruin your true nature, Diverse. You did us all a favor and you rightfully deserve to be thanked for it!" he spoke with roaring optimism that flowed through him like a Gale wind.

He looked to Misty. "Why, of course I am wanting to help. I've already given so much of my time to this process and it would be such a waste to give up now." he smiled.

• Brohoof 2