Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pipp song revealed in toy.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

It's like Hasbro has forgotten what made the music of MLP so great.

Edit: Oh btw, this song is written by Jenna Andrews.

Edited by vgmaster9
  • Brohoof 1

As I mentioned in the other thread for the Izzy toy, I’m not going to judge this too much till I have the actual clear audio to go by. 

• Brohoof 7

28 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

It seems like they're going in the pop route...

I mean, she is supposed to be "the Princess of Pop" lol

• Brohoof 2

I am definitely not a fan of this song from what I've heard of it. It sounds pretty much like the epitome of a generic Pop song, not like the fun, heart-felt songs we got in G4. Now, obviously I can't fully judge the movie's music yet, but from what I've heard of it so far, it doesn't sound very impressive. This also makes concerned for Pipp's character, since she is the one singing it. It's not a big surprise, considering she's referred to as a pop star, but it's still unfortunate that this is the kind of music she will be singing throughout the movie and series. My hope is that she will sing some non-pop songs as well (being a supposedly "talented" singer), but I won't be counting on it. I already doubted that G5 would be able to pull of the same quality of songs as G4, but I hope that it will have at least some decent songs.

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Landi said:

I am definitely not a fan of this song from what I've heard of it. It sounds pretty much like the epitome of a generic Pop song, not like the fun, heart-felt songs we got in G4. Now, obviously I can't fully judge the movie's music yet, but from what I've heard of it so far, it doesn't sound very impressive. This also makes concerned for Pipp's character, since she is the one singing it. It's not a big surprise, considering she's referred to as a pop star, but it's still unfortunate that this is the kind of music she will be singing throughout the movie and series. My hope is that she will sing some non-pop songs as well (being a supposedly "talented" singer), but I won't be counting on it. I already doubted that G5 would be able to pull of the same quality of songs as G4, but I hope that it will have at least some decent songs.

Yeah, same here.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That is absolute dogsh*t. I knew they'd badly date this thing! :Cozy: I cannot stand current autotuned pop music so this is especially a slap in the face to me. Would it really be that hard to get Ingram back? :lostit:

How bloody dare they do this. :mlp_okiedokieloki: I know it's only a snippet but jeez, I know terrible music when I hear it. :stressed: This song is everything that I hate about current music and has significantly dropped my hopes for G5:dry:

I need to go back and listen to the heartfelt FiM music. :(

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 2

I am not a big fan of pop music in general and while there are some songs I like I really don't care for the majority. This one sounds like a pretty generic pop song, I will hold judgment until I see the movie but I do hope its sounds better in the movie or that the majority of the songs are different\better than this (its a matter of taste). Yet, its not a huge surprise, since we knew she is a pop star. Out of the 2 songs we heard so far the first one from Izzy was the better one in my opinion. The voice here and from the voice actors reveal video is deeper\different than I imagined for myself, but I am curious where they will take it. I still think there will be many songs that I will like, and even if a decent amount of them will not be received well they might improve with time once they have a better feel on the characters and the audience reception. For all we know, the song will be very different in the actual movie, only time will tell. No need to panic just yet :eager:

• Brohoof 2

Though I agree with everything that already has been said here, 

we can not deny that it does sound like a generic pop song that would be played in a kids movie :sealed:

Sounds like something written by A.I., and not due to presence of static. But hey, a generic movie needs its generic songs.

P.S: H-Bro should still consider raising zombie idols from the grave. Can't be more dead than this song.

.....? It's... not even that bad to me? lmao.,(Of course I like Pop music, sooo...)  it's from a toy, so yeah it's gonna sound a bit weird. I'll just wait and hear the complete song in the movie, I bet it'll sound a lot better then. :p 

Still got high hopes for G5, cause I'm optimistic. :)))

• Brohoof 1

It's not great but it's also being played through garbage toy speakers. A lot of my love for G4 songs stem from the scene it's sung/played in so I'll wait until I see the movie before judging too much from it lol.

• 3 weeks later...