Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord Vs DarkLord Sauron who would win?

Scootaloo9074090

See the source image 

Who would  win in a fight  Sauron or Discord      The master of chaos have many ability like chocolate rain cotton candy cloud and corrupted pony 

and The Dark Lord himself command an entire army with the ring to rule them all  

the_dark_lord_sauron_by_laslolf.jpg&ehk= who would win?

Ooooh... I like this kind of topics!

But I think Sauron is more powerful so he wins. I don't like Discord but I didn't choose Sauron because of that. But most likely they would rather become allies :ButtercupLaugh:

However Celestia or Luna could destroy them both easily. They're just so overpowered :D

5 hours ago, Lunaholic said:

But I think Sauron is more powerful so he wins. I don't like Discord but I didn't choose Sauron because of that. But most likely they would rather become allies :ButtercupLaugh:

However Celestia or Luna could destroy them both easily. They're just so overpowered :D

Idk discord has standards and does not kill ponies or build an army to wipe out the races of Men and Elves.

(edited)
21 hours ago, Lunaholic said:

well Sauron He is the ultimate figure of pure and utter evil.  and Sauron is immortal  and I think The Darklord himself would defeat Celestia and luna

Sauron- The towering former lord of Mordor, has the power of fear imbued in him. The creator of a ring which has the potential to turn something as innocent as a hobbit into a wretched bottom feeder. And just look at what he can do with his mace, physically, he's more powerful than a small army. Also, he's a badass. Even his eye is more spiteful and cunning than ten thousand men put together. Sauron has massive legions upon massive legions of orcs, goblins, wicked men, you name it, on his side... and the Witch King of Angmar and the ring wraiths on his side.

Discord and Sauron are both Immortal so it would be a endless battle Melkor3.pjpg.jpg

Sauron is one of the most powerful, most evil villains of all time. and being a fallen angel of lord of the ring

I would say he would Slaughter the equestria army and defeat celestia and luna 

and I don't want to know what Sauron would do to the crystal empire would he flat destroy it or conquer it 

though I think Discord would goof off too much and ultimately not realize what he's up against and get the beat down.

Edited by shadow565787
  • Brohoof 1

Chrysalis had that dampening field around the hive that was capable of completely incapacitating Discord's magic advantage. Could Sauron replicate that? Could such a device nullify Sauron's power?

On 2021-07-12 at 7:36 AM, Dabmanz said:

Idk discord has standards and does not kill ponies or build an army to wipe out the races of Men and Elves.

Discord doesn't have to kill in order to win. If we assume he's literally as powerful as Q, he could just banish the guy to a penal planet made out of feta cheese.

On 2021-07-13 at 12:52 PM, BornAgainBrony said:

Chrysalis had that dampening field around the hive that was capable of completely incapacitating Discord's magic advantage. Could Sauron replicate that? Could such a device nullify Sauron's power?

Discord doesn't have to kill in order to win. If we assume he's literally as powerful as Q, he could just banish the guy to a penal planet made out of feta cheese.

I don't know if Sauron can replicate that or nullify Sauron  and if discord was defeated than he would surly go after equestria ( a fate worse than death itself )

Sauron would try to hurt fluttershy or any of the mane six which Discord would be more Enraged if he hurt fluttershy

Sauron is also a shape shifter  he can turn into anything he want a serpent to a vampire to a werewolf or to his own custom form which is a human

as a man or one in man shape.

but greater  than any even of the race of Numenor in statue...,

and it seem to men That Sauron was Great.

Through They feared the light of his eye.

to many  he appeared fair,

to other terrible;

to some Evils."

Evils have many Faces

• Brohoof 1

Tolkien Described Sauron as close to pure evil as possible.While he didn’t believe in absolute evil, Sauron would be the closest thing to it.  If we look at Sauron’s history he’s very good at tricking people.

This is Discord we’re talking about, He could easily trick him into service. Even as an example, even after Gorlim gave him the information and Sauron agreed to trade the info for his wife, he still killed him and revealed that Eilinel was already dead. 

Despite knowing humans are easier to trick, he still successfully tricked the elves into creating the rings of power in the first place while he created the One ring in secret to rule them all. 

I could easily see him taking advantage of discord in some form and killing him before Discord even realizes what’s going on. Sauron is extremely cunning and a ruthless murderer, shapeshifter(remember the lord of werewolves. He turned into a werewolf even.) and sorcerer. Sauron will always exist in someway so long as the one ring exists. 

If Discord is to have a chance than he would have to destroy the ring. So long as the ring exists Sauron can never truly be defeated.

18 hours ago, Mammon said:

I could easily see him taking advantage of discord in some form and killing him before Discord even realizes what’s going on. Sauron is extremely cunning and a ruthless murderer, shapeshifter(remember the lord of werewolves. He turned into a werewolf even.) and sorcerer. Sauron will always exist in someway so long as the one ring exists.

Discord has already learned that lesson sufficiently from Tirek. Of course, that's assuming Tirek wasn't actually set-up by Discord, and there's a certain degree of evidence to suggest that's the case. Discord set Twilight off on the quest to open the chest, and she couldn't have gotten the final key without freeing Discord. Then we see him trying similar in S9, and well, I think he's learned his lesson by then. Sauron isn't the only one with an all-seeing eye, (Did that Stained Glass just move?) so fooling Discord may not be nearly as simple as it sounds. He has the skills to go toe to toe with Sauron. He just needs to keep his ego in check. Same goes for shapeshifting. And shapeshifting is just the beginning. Discord has 'cartoon powers' beyond anything Pinkie can do. I bet Sauron couldn't rip one of his own arms off, turn it to stone. beat someone with it, and then wear it as a hat. Know who could though?

(edited)
4 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Discord has already learned that lesson sufficiently from Tirek. Of course, that's assuming Tirek wasn't actually set-up by Discord, and there's a certain degree of evidence to suggest that's the case. Discord set Twilight off on the quest to open the chest, and she couldn't have gotten the final key without freeing Discord. Then we see him trying similar in S9, and well, I think he's learned his lesson by then. Sauron isn't the only one with an all-seeing eye, (Did that Stained Glass just move?) so fooling Discord may not be nearly as simple as it sounds. He has the skills to go toe to toe with Sauron. He just needs to keep his ego in check. Same goes for shapeshifting. And shapeshifting is just the beginning. Discord has 'cartoon powers' beyond anything Pinkie can do. I bet Sauron couldn't rip one of his own arms off, turn it to stone. beat someone with it, and then wear it as a hat. Know who could though?

Sauron isn’t as weak either though. He’s extremely manipulative. It’s chaos vs the closest thing to pure evil.(still don’t entirely understand Tolkien’s reasoning for not just stating him as pure evil. Didnt quite understand his quote on the matter) As I stated due to the whole ring situation, unless the ring is destroyed Sauron will always have some form of attachment to the world and through time will come back to a full human/physical form at some point.

If Discord is to win he has to destroy the ring in fires of Mount Doom or Sauron will always come back. 

Also the whole Eye of Sauron thing is a whole other ball park conversation in regards to Sauron due to....lack of clarity. Debates on whether the Eye actually existed physically or was just a metaphorical concept.

Regardless Discord vs Sauron would certainly be an interesting thing to see.

This whole thing does lead to a more interesting question as to whether Gandalf the White could have potentially taken down Sauron himself.

Edited by Mammon
  • Brohoof 1

Sauron would lose the battle but win the match, and probably destroy the entirety of Equestria in the process. He's all about the long game. He'd worm his way into the hearts of creatures and strike in time of the G5 Movie, steamrolling everything with his dark armada before they could switch the magic back on. Even before that, he could either enslave or backstab Discord by offering to bring Fluttershy back from the grave.

(edited)
On 2021-07-16 at 3:27 PM, Goat-kun said:

Sauron would lose the battle but win the match, and probably destroy the entirety of Equestria in the process. He's all about the long game. He'd worm his way into the hearts of creatures and strike in time of the G5 Movie, steamrolling everything with his dark armada before they could switch the magic back on. Even before that, he could either enslave or backstab Discord by offering to bring Fluttershy back from the grave.

and Sauron is also a cunning Manipulator and he would Corrupt come pony and creature to work for him  and fight against Discord

It had been [Sauron's] virtue (and therefore also the cause of his fall, and of his relapse) that he loved order and coordination, and disliked all confusion and wasteful friction. (It was the apparent will and power of Melkor to affect his designs quickly and masterfully that had first attracted Sauron to him.)

Sauron does love Order and Coordination and did hate chaos and confusion 

Sauron is like Yang to Discord Yin

See the source image

Edited by shadow565787

On 2021-07-16 at 10:57 AM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Discord is the Lord of Chaos. His powers actually go way beyond. So in essence, Discord can actually emerge victorious, as long as he doesn't get to full of himself. 

Sauron does love Order and Coordination and did hate chaos and confusion 

Sauron is like Yang to Discord Yin

Sauron would have hated Discord

It had been [Sauron's] virtue (and therefore also the cause of his fall, and of his relapse) that he loved order and coordination, and disliked all confusion and wasteful friction. (It was the apparent will and power of Melkor to affect his designs quickly and masterfully that had first attracted Sauron to him.)

See the source image

Morgoth was, Sauron was not (at least not completely).

Part of the premise in the initial question is wrong. Morgoth was definitely a “villain” and, had he been asked, would’ve openly acknowledged himself as the bad guy in the story of Arda. He knew what he was doing was evil and was willfully committed to it. That was the point. He had only the desire to destroy and corrupt, and he did so purely out of spite; because for all his might, it was eclipsed by his pride, and his terror belied a pathetic insecurity borne of his failure to comprehend the nature of the existence he was a part of. Morgoth was a being of pure malignace and nihilism. He had no grander, ulterior motivations.

main-qimg-08e16e5c58163a89512e4cddc9d87d18

But Sauron was nothing like this. He was most certainly the hero of his own story.

Sauron, as a Maia of Aulë the Smith, was a being heavily predisposed towards orderliness. He did not do the horrible things he did simply to cause ruination, and when he did deem it prudent to destroy and corrupt, he did so with higher moral purpose, not simply to piss off his superiors. Sauron believed that Eru and the Valar had abandoned the world to waste away. He perceived Eru’s bestowing upon Elves and Men (and dwarves) the gift of free will as a serious design flaw, especially in humans, who were capable of great destruction. His goal was to steal this free will away through various means; first through pacifistic deception, and if that didn’t work, by forcibly removing the ability to choose from the free peoples. He crafted the rings of power to ensnare the minds of those he endeavoured to bind to his vision and will, rather than that of themselves, or worse, that of the Valar. In his perfect middle-earth, Sauron would rule as its king and as its god, and even if they disapproved, he never expected the Valar or Eru himself to intervene, since he considered them to be negligent supervisors.

main-qimg-e35a074a0aa236b4e1ba55d2d50558ce

In the case of Morgoth, whether or not he realized he would lose or not mattered little. His goal was never to “win” against Eru and the Valar. He knew very well he could not usurp or replace them. He merely wanted to topple the ideals they represented, and in that respect he succeeded. He lost in arms, but all of creation was forever marred by his influence. Eru’s perfect existence is no longer because of what Morgoth did. Sauron on the other hand never thought of what he was doing as “evil”, per say. He thought of Eru and the Valar as neglectful parents who allowed their children to cavort around causing mayhem instead of their prescribed duties (in the case of the first-born), and he saw himself as the necessary intervening adult to put these spoiled brats in their place and, if necessary, give them a good spanking.

On 2021-07-16 at 11:11 AM, Clawdeen said:

Sauron isn’t as weak either though. He’s extremely manipulative. It’s chaos vs the closest thing to pure evil.(still don’t entirely understand Tolkien’s reasoning for not just stating him as pure evil. Didnt quite understand his quote on the matter) As I stated due to the whole ring situation, unless the ring is destroyed Sauron will always have some form of attachment to the world and through time will come back to a full human/physical form at some point.

If Discord is to win he has to destroy the ring in fires of Mount Doom or Sauron will always come back.

This is getting into crazy physics, since Tolkien doesn't deal with a picture that is any bigger than the planet (so "world" in this case might be a bit ambiguous), but I have to wonder how well Sauron's power would work with Discord's antics. We know Sauron can't die, but at least it seems he can't just pop-in wherever/whenever he wants. So if for instance, he was banished to the moon, what would he do? Seems his only recourse for getting back would be if some ship eventually showed up and he hitched a ride. Drop him into the sun, or a black hole? Or if he got sent somewhere even further away and became some other galaxy's problem, would returning even be on his to-do list, or would conquering this other place be satisfactory. And what of Celestia's Australian penal colony (Equestria Girls universe)?

Thoughts on the One Ring, and Sauron's manipulation, I wonder how Ponies would fare against that. Is their willpower as weak as humans, or are they closer in nature to Hobbits? One could probably cite examples that would make some good arguments in favor of either.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

This is getting into crazy physics, since Tolkien doesn't deal with a picture that is any bigger than the planet (so "world" in this case might be a bit ambiguous), but I have to wonder how well Sauron's power would work with Discord's antics. We know Sauron can't die, but at least it seems he can't just pop-in wherever/whenever he wants. So if for instance, he was banished to the moon, what would he do? Seems his only recourse for getting back would be if some ship eventually showed up and he hitched a ride. Drop him into the sun, or a black hole? Or if he got sent somewhere even further away and became some other galaxy's problem, would returning even be on his to-do list, or would conquering this other place be satisfactory. And what of Celestia's Australian penal colony (Equestria Girls universe)?

Thoughts on the One Ring, and Sauron's manipulation, I wonder how Ponies would fare against that. Is their willpower as weak as humans, or are they closer in nature to Hobbits? One could probably cite examples that would make some good arguments in favor of either.

That is a curious argument. I know Sauron was referred to as a sorcerer but as you stated Tolkien never expanded things past “that” world.Even then the whole concept of magic is different in middle earth is different than mlp so that would also be something to consider.If  Discord were to send Sauron to the moon or some other planet. I’m not entirely sure how he would get back. While it’s been awhile since I’ve read Tolkien’s works from what I can remember I don’t think teleporting has been mentioned as something he can do. After the fall of Numenor I know his ability to shapeshift into different forms became more difficult for him. I believe it’s each time he is defeated his ability to shift into other forms weakens.(I think it was in  Ósanwë-kenta this was brought up?) I know there is mention on his Shadow Walk ability but I’m not sure to what extent that can go. Could it teleport him back from one planet to another? Or is it of limited range use? 

For Discord I’m thinking best course of action would be to teleport him to another planet. I’m not entirely sure how Sauron would get back. With each defeat his shapeshifitng powers do weaken. If he can’t travel between the shadows between planets and transform himself into something else to get himself back to wherever Discord is.

Who knows maybe all discord really would have to do is poof the ring right off Saurons finger into Mountain of Doom. But could Sauron tempt him easily enough to prevent that from happening. With Saurons intelligence I really think the question is can he manipulate the right people(in this case Discord and some of the other mlp characters) to prevent the ring being taken from him. Build himself up the right army of characters to protect him from that sort of thing. I feel like that would be one of the first things Sauron would be doing.Testing who he can manipulate and to what extent. While at the same time figuring out a way to take down his own allies/control them should the situation ever arise.

That is a curious question how their races would be affected by the rings. If we’re talking just Mane six, even prior to becoming an Alicorn, I think Twilight would be the closest to the Elves situation. I think as soon as she’d put on the ring of power she’d realize what was happening before it was too late. If she doesn’t start to become suspicious while the rings of power were in creation. 

The Dwarves were also an interesting situation,since the rings made them greedy for treasure and caused them(the dwarf lords who had the rings) to bring their own ruin themselves and not due to Saurons power. It’d be curious if any of them (or any characters in general really) would fall into this category. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-07-28 at 1:32 PM, Clawdeen said:

That is a curious argument. I know Sauron was referred to as a sorcerer but as you stated Tolkien never expanded things past “that” world.Even then the whole concept of magic is different in middle earth is different than mlp so that would also be something to consider.If  Discord were to send Sauron to the moon or some other planet. I’m not entirely sure how he would get back. While it’s been awhile since I’ve read Tolkien’s works from what I can remember I don’t think teleporting has been mentioned as something he can do. After the fall of Numenor I know his ability to shapeshift into different forms became more difficult for him. I believe it’s each time he is defeated his ability to shift into other forms weakens.(I think it was in  Ósanwë-kenta this was brought up?) I know there is mention on his Shadow Walk ability but I’m not sure to what extent that can go. Could it teleport him back from one planet to another? Or is it of limited range use? 

For Discord I’m thinking best course of action would be to teleport him to another planet. I’m not entirely sure how Sauron would get back. With each defeat his shapeshifitng powers do weaken. If he can’t travel between the shadows between planets and transform himself into something else to get himself back to wherever Discord is.

Who knows maybe all discord really would have to do is poof the ring right off Saurons finger into Mountain of Doom. But could Sauron tempt him easily enough to prevent that from happening. With Saurons intelligence I really think the question is can he manipulate the right people(in this case Discord and some of the other mlp characters) to prevent the ring being taken from him. Build himself up the right army of characters to protect him from that sort of thing. I feel like that would be one of the first things Sauron would be doing.Testing who he can manipulate and to what extent. While at the same time figuring out a way to take down his own allies/control them should the situation ever arise.

That is a curious question how their races would be affected by the rings. If we’re talking just Mane six, even prior to becoming an Alicorn, I think Twilight would be the closest to the Elves situation. I think as soon as she’d put on the ring of power she’d realize what was happening before it was too late. If she doesn’t start to become suspicious while the rings of power were in creation. 

The Dwarves were also an interesting situation,since the rings made them greedy for treasure and caused them(the dwarf lords who had the rings) to bring their own ruin themselves and not due to Saurons power. It’d be curious if any of them (or any characters in general really) would fall into this category. 

Sauron does love Order and Coordination and did hate chaos and confusion he would probably hate Discord

• Brohoof 1