Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you watch gen 5 if it was on adult swim or rated mature ?

thenote23

I could see how that would turn some away, but I imagine the vast majority of people already open to watching the movie as is, would be even more inclined if it were made for mature audiences, as I certainly would be. I'd only hope for the reason of the rating to be mostly from the inclusion of darker and/or humorous elements than more intimate ones.

I would probably check it out due to curiosity, but I highly doubt I would actually get invested in it. From what I've seen of them, Adult Swim shows don't have much in the way of good storytelling, and are mostly there for comedy. While getting a good laugh is fun and all, it is the characters, the setting, and the story that get me interested in a movie or a show.

• Brohoof 3

MLP rated mature? Like Family Guy or something? I want more of an important story to watch, than mature gags. So probably no. It wouldn't be MLP for me.

• Brohoof 5

It's been a LONG TIME since I last watched Adult Swim, but my interest, like @TomDaBombMLP's, would definitely rise since I do quite like some good, raunchy adult animation, as you can see from my interest in South Park and Vivziepop shows. I'd prefer for it to be a parody though, since I feel MLP should maintain its identity of being aimed for general audiences. 

• Brohoof 1

Probably not if it was on adult swim, I'm not really interested in that.

And if it was rated mature, whether or not I'd watch it would depend on what mature elements it contains.

• Brohoof 1

Bronies produce plenty of adult content for the show which would be great to see produced :3

But if the reigns were given to some Happy Tree Friends style producer then I would struggle to enjoy the result. MLP already was produced for mature audiences - relying on adults' ability to read between the lines. Only if there was a good reason for bringing the adult underpinning of G4 MLP into the foreground - as for a televesied FOE say - would I be behind such an adaptation. Unfortunatly the Dole company won't allow that :p for there is no 'Bro' in Dole.

No way. I stopped watching "adult" cartoons. They aren't creative. They try to be funny with crude humor. It is so banal. Blah blah dirty joke blah.

However, adult action, a la anime, is good. But you don't see much of that in Western cartoons.

• Brohoof 3

I'd check it out, but would I like it?? Ehhhh 

I think a big reason why I love mlp so much is it's G/PG nature, so yea I doubt I'd enjoy it. 

No.  It’s a rarity for adult cartoons to actually be funny.   

MLP is suited best as a kid’s show that’s also entertaining enough for adults to enjoy.  

• Brohoof 3