Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you watch gen 5 if it was on adult swim or rated mature ?

thenote23

13 hours ago, AppleButt said:

No.  It’s a rarity for adult cartoons to actually be funny.   

MLP is suited best as a kid’s show that’s also entertaining enough for adults to enjoy.  

I couldn't agree more with you :)

• Brohoof 2

I'd definitely be curious to see what that would look like. If it retained the same quality and tone as Friendship is Magic then I'd be interested to see what lessons they had to share. :ooh:

Depends on why it's rated R. I dislike blood and gore. As for sex stuff, I dunno. Probably not. MLP isn't the place for it. After all, I liked MLP: FiM because it taught virtues, ethics, and morals. Having R-rated stuff just defies that, really. 

Well maybe I guess I’d watch it. I mean it’s hard to say it’d be worth a damn but I wouldn’t mind a more violent work long as they don’t go overboard and try too hard. Sexual wise I’d likely avoid it. Not repulsed or prudish towards the matter I’d just be uncomfortable as hell. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Nah. Kinda defeats the whole wholesome purpose for me :v 
Sardonic humor? A dime a dozen. 

49 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Mature...... Mature? What IS mature? Manure?

I love this! Ahahahaha

• Brohoof 1

You guys should have seen me on my 18th, birthday. I was crying and spiraling into depression. Was all like, "NOOOO no more wholesome stuff! No everything will be boring dirty jokes and crude humor.. HAAALP!" XD

Now, as a full adult, I don't care. I still like MLP. Always will. <3

Turning MLP into another "typical adult thing" will just make it dull or tired/predictable.

• Brohoof 1

Probably not, it wouldn't feel like MLP if it were targeted towards adults. That said I wouldn't mind watching an adult parody of the show like Friendship is Witchcraft was to FiM. FiW was amazing, it really blew my expectations away. Especially with the songs.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, that would be cool. I think that the show could be totally revamped for an 18+ audience and it would be a truly unique fantasy series.