Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunny and Hitch are childhood friends.

CastletonSnob

The description for a book that's a novelization of the G5 movie confirms that Sunny and Hitch are childhood friends.

https://egmont.pl/My-Little-Pony.-Opowiesc-filmowa,57061381,p.html

Translation:

Spoiler

The action of the book takes place many years after the events of the series about the adventures of Twilight Sparkle and her friends from Ponyville. There is no more magic in Equestria, and the ponies of each breed are no longer friendly with each other. Superstitions and prejudices meant that representatives of various species live in their own closed communities and do not tolerate strangers. In this hostile world, however, there are exceptions! They include the main character of the book, fearless, optimistic, charming and slightly crazy Sunny Starscout. Sunny, brought up on tales of friendship and harmony that prevailed in Equestria years ago, believes that a return to these values is possible. Together with her childhood friend Hitch Trailblazer and new friends, she embarks on an adventurous journey, at the end of which she will have an extraordinary surprise.

Will Sunny and her friends manage to unite ponies of different breeds? Will the power of friendship prove stronger than the prejudices and divisions built up over the years? Does magic have a chance to return to Equestria? A beautifully published story with a richly decorated cover is a great gift idea for female fans and pony fans. Large letters and simple language will allow children who have already mastered this skill to read independently, and the impressive illustrations, full of colors and film magic, can be viewed endlessly! The book has rounded corners, which makes it safe also for the youngest readers.

So it was friendship shoving then!

Also, because they are childhood friends, it is impossible for them to have a romantic relationship!

Spoiler

Internet :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

You hear that guys, FRIENDSHIP. No romance!

Starlight and Sunburst were childhood friends, and look how many shipfics were written about them before Sunburst even showed up. I'm just saying, come hell or high water, shippers gonna ship. 

• Brohoof 4

Moments ago, PoisonClaw said:

Starlight and Sunburst were childhood friends, and look how many shipfics were written about them before Sunburst even showed up. I'm just saying, come hell or high water, shippers gonna ship. 

True :/

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I bet they had a lot of fun together when they were foals playing games and hanging out :BrightMacContent:

We've seen this episode before. Hopefully, Sunny Starscout is stronger emotionally than Starlight Glimmer was. 

It's interesting to know that the two have been friends since they were young. It looks like my original guess on them being related is proven wrong. Even though we already knew what Equestria's current state would be in the movie, this synopsis goes a bit more in depth on it, (using the word "breeds" instead of "types" or "kinds" is bit strange to me for some reason).

Spoiler

The part about an "extraordinary surprise" happening at the end of the movie makes me curious, albeit a bit nervous. It could really mean anything, but a part of me feels like it has something to do with the alicorn Sunny toy.

So it WAS more like they're playfully shoving around like they're good buddies like that fictional show in a fake bumper ad gag called Shoving Buddies on an episode of Family Guy.

• Brohoof 2

Well, once it was revealed that Pipp and Zipp are siblings it was the most plausible choice. I extremely doubt that there will be any romance between them, at least in the first few season for sure. Maybe they will later on introduce some potential love interests but don't expect anything between the main characters. I know it won't stop the shippers or the FF writers and there really is no harm in that (I do enjoy a shipping fiction from time to time).

So that explains their playful shoving as they greeted. XD Really interesting that they were friends since they were kids and retained that as they grew up.

16 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Sunny and Hitch are childhood friends. You know what that means: Lots of ship teasing and "Will they or won't they?" throughout the series.

In other words, just another day in the fandom. :P

• Brohoof 4

That's interesting, this will most likely set up events in the movie with Hitch and Sunny being the first members of their group of friends who are to go on a journey together.

It's cool to have it confirmed! I was thinking they might be siblings, but I don't really mind either way!

On 2021-07-13 at 6:28 PM, PoisonClaw said:

Oh definitely, you speak the truth lol! Personally, I hope that the show never goes the romance route with them (or anyone else with Hitch tbh) just because of the whole friendship focus and all. Plus, it'd feel a bit cheap for me if they finally had a male main character (who is not a 'baby', like Spike lol) just for the purpose of being able to have a romance. But in fandom? People will do whatever they want and that's chill haha

Whether it goes the romance route or not in the end I’m sure it will bring entertaining fandom drama for me to watch from the sidelines

1dc.gif

• Brohoof 1