Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you had any negative reactions when you're out buying pony merch?

Paleopony

(edited)

A few times when I got merch I got negative reactions. The first time was when I was looking at brushables in an antique store. I wasn't even planning to buy anything at that time. A lady who was close to me was staring at me. Her mouth was wide open with shock like I was going to hurt her or something. I just walked away. The second time I was in the checkout area of Party City. That was where I bought my pony cup. A woman was standing behind me and was staring at me like wtf while I paid for it. It was so hilarious. :mlp_icwudt:

Edited by Paleopony

Well honestly those sort of reactions are stupid, and I thought those were sort of a myth up to this point. People by and large really don't care about what you're buying, especially cashiers, I'm sure. 

And who the hell knows why there's a guy buying pony things? There could be a number of reasons. Gift for a (nonexistant) niece, perhaps?

I thought people got over the whole boys toys vs girls toys thing a long time ago. Or at least, people like what you're mentioning seem to put way more stock into it than it really needs.

• Brohoof 1

You know you can always just say you're buying it for say your sister. In fact most people likely are buying the toys as gifts, makes sense therefore that at least the cashiers would be indifferent same though to other shoppers. Still that said, no I have not actually I have never gotten any reaction from people when buying it.

The worst I’ve ever gotten was this old lady at the 99 Cents Store laughing about how I was buying these “adorable little toys”, but she said in such a sweet way I couldn’t be upset lol

• Brohoof 2

I have not noticed any. Then again, I probably just look like a father buying a toy for his kid (there is no way for people to know whether I have kids or who I am buying the toy for).

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-07-13 at 3:46 PM, Toastypk said:

Well honestly those sort of reactions are stupid, and I thought those were sort of a myth up to this point. People by and large really don't care about what you're buying, especially cashiers, I'm sure. 

And who the hell knows why there's a guy buying pony things? There could be a number of reasons. Gift for a (nonexistant) niece, perhaps?

I thought people got over the whole boys toys vs girls toys thing a long time ago. Or at least, people like what you're mentioning seem to put way more stock into it than it really needs.

Exactly. The vast majority of people who saw what I was buying didn't seem to care one bit. Only a very few people made a big deal out of it.

It's very weird if you have had negative reactions from people when buying pony merch. I have bought numerious girly unicorn toys for a gift and I didn't even know I could be laughed at :sealed:

I'm quite social person so I only wish someone would comment something negative about me buying unicorn plush. I'd give them couple unforgetable comebacks that just came to my mind. However I won't say them here as they are quite harsh :ButtercupLaugh:

I've never had a strange reaction to my purchases, but that's mainly because I'm really short and have a baby face...it's me bringing out my card that makes them react! They genuinely think I'm a kid using pocket money to buy ponies, not a grown adult!:ButtercupLaugh:

• 6 months later...