Do you consider yourself a furry?  

20 users have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself a furry?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No
    • I'm not sure

(edited)

I was wondering how many of you consider yourself furries. I personally somewhat identify with them as I am a huge fan of anthropomorphic animals. However I'm not particularly interested in the humanoid creatures like the ones in Robin Hood, I just like four legged ones like MLP (and animals that are naturally bipedal like birds and some dinosaurs).

Edited by Paleopony
  • Brohoof 2

I might share some similar interests with furries but just slightly. I can't really get into their community and feel like one of them. So the answer is somewhat. In the past I used to support 10€/month a furry community here in Finland as I felt it's an interesting community which deserves to gain some popularity. I hope they will one day

• Brohoof 2

Though I like anthropomorphic characters in general, I don't like to get myself into this particular fandom. Just like Anime — as for me, it's too much content to explore. It's basically a psychology. Generally, everyone's going crazy when trying something brand-new, right? :Cozy:

If you're into it, just be into it © Ken Ashcorp

• Brohoof 1

I technically would be a furry by definition and I have a furzona as well. However, I do not participate in the fandom. No reason in particular, I simply haven't gotten interested in doing so. That said I do want to make my own fursuit owo.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't really think of myself as one, but I do like many cartoons with anthropomorphic characters (including MLP, obviously). So depending on the criteria, I guess I could be considered one, or not... I've never been part of the fandom, just ones dedicated to specific shows.

• Brohoof 2

I don't consider myself a furry. I think fandoms get crossed over a lot and I can see why they'd make that comparison. 

The furry fandom is a mix-and-match generalist name. I've never played a game of Starfox at all. That's a video game, but if you're a fan of that then you're considered a furry. Same thing with various animes. I could be wrong though, I haven't given much of the fandoms that are under the same umbrella as much time as I have with the MLP fandom. :twi:

Edited by CinnamonPop

I remember when bronies were considered furries.
I want to be a furry, love the art and what not but ive lived in washington and Illinois and had nothing but horrible experiences that only played into the "false" narratives of non-furries.