Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Which post-Walt animated Disney movie do you think is the best?

Will Guide

Which post-Walt animated Disney movie do you think is the best?  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Which post-Walt animated Disney movie do you think is the best?

• The Aristocats
    • Robin Hood
    • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    • The Rescuers
    • The Fox and the Hound
    • The Black Cauldron
    • The Great Mouse Detective
    • Oliver and Company
    • The Little Mermaid
    • The Rescuers Down Under
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • Aladdin
    • The Lion King
    • Pocahontas
    • The Hunchback of Norte Dame
    • Hercules
    • Mulan
    • Tarzan

After seeing Paleopony's poll on Classic Disney Animated Films from Snow White to Jungle Book, I believe it's time for the next batch of films. Going from the Aristocats in 1970 to Tarzan in 1999.

The list for films in the 21st century can be found here.

As for me, I vote for Beauty and the Beast being one of the first films I've ever saw and the one that I enjoy seeing variations of? And that includes the versions more based on the original fairy tales with no Gaston or enchanted talking objects

• Brohoof 2

There's a lot of really good film in this category, but for sheer nostalgia value I'd have to pick Robin Hood.  It may have came out before I was born but I remember watching it when I was young.  Even though this film more than any other thing may have been responsible for the creation of furries :dry:, it's still a great film and worth my vote.

• Brohoof 2

Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and The Rescuers. With honorable mention to Fox and the Hound and Great Mouse Detective.

Beauty and the Beast is a way of life, not just a movie. I love the Broadway adaptation (it’s fun comparing the various soundtrack versions from other countries) and the made for video spin-offs as well. Mermaid is stunning and really opened up a new era in Disney animation. The Rescuers was so great. I love the characters and they did such a great job adapting them from the books, with lots of flair from the voice cast. Fox and the Hound and Great Mouse Detective were great movies that are too often overlooked, but they are sublime and have some of Disney’s best characters.