• Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • Season 7
    • Season 8
    • Season 9

While Season 8 was the first season to happen where I could officially say a few of the episodes were trash and I’d never watch again.   That’s almost enough to say Season 8.

That said it had many episodes in it I loved too. 

Season 6 takes the cake for me.  I didn’t really hate any episodes in it, but it was consistently boring to me and makes watching it a drag.

8 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

I 100 percent agree with you here. I haven't watched the entirety of Season 9 (I refuse to, because MLP: FiM is near and dear to me, and I'd go apesh*t if I watched the finale.) 

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels the same.  I haven’t watched season 9 yet, and don’t know if I can ever bring myself to do it for the same reason. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2021-07-23 at 1:05 PM, Steve Piranha said:

I must say S9 was pretty bad overall. Sure, they at least didn’t mess up the premiere and finale, but most of their usual SOL episodes were boring, generic, and out of o place for the FINAL SEASON :Cozy:.

For me, the opposite:

Least-favorite premiere (kickstarted the show's most-infamous arc, and did to Sombra what The Last Jedi did to Luke) and finale (gave Grogar the Snoke treatment, made Discord lose popularity, and had uncomfortable endings for both the Legion and the Manes), and even its midseason milestones involved G4's worst redemptions (Garble, Ahuizotl, etc.). But its usual, SOL stuff was okay.

Edited by Even Evil Has Standards
  • Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, Anti-Villain said:

For me, the opposite:

Least-favorite premiere (Kickstarted the show's most-infamous arc, and did to Sombra what The Last Jedi did to Luke) and finale (Gave Grogar the Snoke treatment, made Discord lose popularity, and had uncomfortable endings for both the Legion and the Manes), and even its midseason milestones involved G4's worst redemptions (Garble, Caballeron, and Ahuizotl). But its usual, SOL stuff was okay.

Same for me too, I totally relate to frustrations people have with the premiere and finale, but pretty much everything in between discounting reformations that literally no one could have cared less about, I honestly enjoyed. Not final season worthy, sure. But this is just the way it's always been with the show writing stuff that's supposed to be "epic". 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Season 7. I await your tomatoes. 

I haven't watched much of this season since 2017; there's like seven episodes in the whole season I like, and I would only say two of them reach the heights of the best of the show. So I don't quite remember why I hated this season so much, but the feeling I remember isn't anger so much as overwhelming boredom; people always name the same handful of high points but everything else felt like My Little Pony by numbers. 

Edited by Thrond
  • Brohoof 2

23 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I've always kind of felt this way too. Even with faults in the later seasons, I can't go back to the early ones and really hail them to high heaven because of how attached I am to the more fluid later episodes with the more expanded world I've always wanted to continue to see evolve and grow. 

I can't go back to the earlier seasons either for the same reason. Seeing how things were more simple back then in terms of animation, voice acting, world building, and more feel archaic to me and as such I just can't see myself enjoying them. It's like this with other cartoons that follow a progressing narrative instead of everything being self-contained stories.

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, for me was everything after S4 not really that good when it is about stories and character development in my opinion. At least, the animations and designs were good. But for me personal, the worst season was season 6, because it had a lot of boring episodes and even some really bad episode (yes, I talking about you Applejacks day off and P.P.O.V.). There where a few episodes I actually liked in this season, but non of them is part of my personal favorites. It was also the time where my interest into the show and the fandom shrinks and I think the season was also a main reason for it. 

17 hours ago, Not Annie said:

Season 3.

I say this having not watched season 9 or finished season 8, but season 3 felt so incomplete and only had a couple of good episodes.

The reason why Season 3 felt so incomplete was because the series was originally supposed to end at 65 episodes for reruns in syndication. That's why Season 3 had 13 episodes.

TBF, I don't think Season 3 was that bad, but I do understand why most people didn't really care for it.

10 hours ago, Thrond said:

Season 7. I await your tomatoes. 

I haven't watched much of this season since 2017; there's like seven episodes in the whole season I like, and I would only say two of them reach the heights of the best of the show. So I don't quite remember why I hated this season so much, but the feeling I remember isn't anger so much as overwhelming boredom; people always name the same handful of high points but everything else felt like My Little Pony by numbers. 

Yeah, I'm gotta to have to agree with you on that. TBH, in hindsight, I find Season 7 more overrated than Season 2. I know I'm probably going to get roasted for saying that, but the more I watch Season 7, the more I'm disinterested in seeing it again. Besides Perfect Pair, none of those episodes left an impact on me. At least with Season 2, I love it a lot more than I did last time because there was sense of fun, yet cute and innocent at the same time. While Season 7 just didn't really do it me.

10 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I can't go back to the earlier seasons either for the same reason. Seeing how things were more simple back then in terms of animation, voice acting, world building, and more feel archaic to me and as such I just can't see myself enjoying them. It's like this with other cartoons that follow a progressing narrative instead of everything being self-contained stories.

Fair enough, but I still love the early seasons, flaws and all.

1 hour ago, IronM17 said:

To be honest, for me was everything after S4 not really that good when it is about stories and character development in my opinion. At least, the animations and designs were good. But for me personal, the worst season was season 6, because it had a lot of boring episodes and even some really bad episode (yes, I talking about you Applejacks day off and P.P.O.V.). There where a few episodes I actually liked in this season, but non of them is part of my personal favorites. It was also the time where my interest into the show and the fandom shrinks and I think the season was also a main reason for it. 

Yeah, same here. When your sixth season made me lose interest in the franchise, that's not a good sign.

My 'worst' season is easily number 8. Second 'worst' season is 6. Actually it's more like 'least favorite' than 'worst', because I like MLP:FiM in its whole form.

There are good episodes in either of these seasons, but in season 8 there are 'Non-Compete Cause' and 'The End in Friend' which hurt me a lot more than anything which was in season 6. There's also my personal nemesis episode '2,4,6 Great' in season 9. This one - in my eyes - belongs actually to season 8 because it suffers from the similar problems as these other two which is a problem from the season 8 plot.

As I said there are still very good episodes in season 6 and 8 like 'The Saddle Row Review', 'Spice Up Your life' and 'The washouts', 'Sound of Silence'

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Astral Soul said:

but in season 8 there are 'Non-Compete Cause'...

ehockedSL.gif

For me, 'Non-Compete Cause' doesn't just bring down a season, but the entire series. Thankfully 'Sound of Silence' did the opposite. So they cancel each other out. I still has to go with Season 4 (like previously).

• Brohoof 3

56 minutes ago, Splashee said:

ehockedSL.gif

For me, 'Non-Compete Cause' doesn't just bring down a season, but the entire series. Thankfully 'Sound of Silence' did the opposite. So they cancel each other out. I still has to go with Season 4 (like previously).

I had this with '2,4,6 Great' in season 9 instead of 'Non-Compete Cause' in season 8. I really try to find anything to rescue this episode but so far I had no success. s9 had more winners for me than s6,8.

• Brohoof 3

• 10 months later...

Easily season 1. I wouldn't call it "worst" and I would never call it bad. I simply enjoy the other seasons more, laugh more and feel more entertained. That's it. :)
As I always start anew after finishing all seasons, I can immediately tell that there is a big difference in the animation quality, the humor, the general vibe, good moments. Most of the characters have yet to appear too. As a person, I'm all about good vibes, I'm sensitive, and season 1 feels "the most" negative to me. It really does affect me. :coco:

In the end I enjoy the whole show, so it doesn't really mean much. <3 And season 1 has the episode Party of One, hahaha!! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 4

6 minutes ago, Sunny Delight said:

Well I don't think any season is the worst, cause that's a little harsh, but I strongly don't like 1-3. Just pretty boring imo. 

Totally get you, 1 would be my second choice after 3. I have the most nostalgia value for Season 2 out of the three, like many, but I also like to be real and play the game of memories vs. reality. 

Memories: "Season 2 was the last bastion of Faust's vision! It kicked off with the show's first true villain, had the best character writing and world development, was thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end, and ended with the best season finale with the best villain, Chrysalis!" 

Reality: "Eh, Season 2's not as good as Season 1, I've honestly been bored with a few of these episodes. That Mysterious Mare Do Well episode was so predictable and wow...was that one with Pinkie and the donkey bad. Oh look, we're finally getting a Fluttershy episode! And...it's bad. I legit feel somewhat depressed right now." 

MLP will always be pain. :P 

I love them all, but season 3 slightly less than the others. The season having only 13 episodes hurt it a little. In addition to more MLP always being a good thing, "Magical Mystery Cure" would have benefited from being a two-parter.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I would say Season 3, simply bc they reduced us to 13 episodes for the sake of Equestria Girls production time... Now unlike many others I don't dislike this season bc Twilight became an Alicorn, or bc the season ender didn't have a villain.. I have a confession... I LOVE Magical Mystery Cure... A lot, True True Friend is not only one of my favorite MLP songs, but favorite songs in general.. and for those salty Starlight haters that voted season 6, it's like sometimes I feel like I have to remind others just how stale some of the other villains ACTUALLY were... But I'm not going to go on that tirade seeing as I'm trying to make friends here lol