Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls in Gen 5

Gabi

Anyone eles hoping we'll get some kind of successor to Equestria Girls for Gen 5? It was my favorite spin off series and I'd love to see the concept come back

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Honestly I'd rather they just conclude the original series properly before bringing it to G5. Though I wouldn't be against it. Equestria Girls was really successful and the original doll line and the Minis line sold very well, and they're still selling EQG dolls last I checked(with the not as good fashion squad, but still, they haven't outright killed it yet), I wouldn't be surprised to see if they brought it back with G5

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Megas said:

Honestly I'd rather they just conclude the original series properly before bringing it to G5. Though I wouldn't be against it. Equestria Girls was really successful and the original doll line and the Minis line sold very well, and they're still selling EQG dolls last I checked(with the not as good fashion squad, but still, they haven't outright killed it yet), I wouldn't be surprised to see if they brought it back with G5

Yeah I 100% agree. Kinda forgot they abandoned EG

I'd love to see Equestria Girls make a comeback seeing as how it ended up becoming way more popular than people expected. Also, My Little Pony has been affiliated with humans since the first generation so having them around isn't out of the question.

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, Megas said:

Yeah agreed.

If G5 takes off I'm sure there will eventually be toys of the characters as humans but I don't know if they'll do a whole other show.

I really hope they don't for the same reason why I was happy that FiM barely mentioned it. If it did, it would've forced us to watch EqG and there are a lot of fans, me included, who like to pretend that it doesn't exist.

• Brohoof 3

I really don't think there should be an Equestria Girls in G5. Instead of being about magical ponies living out lives in a heavily magical world, EQG was about a group of human copies of characters going to high school. Plus, considering that the franchise didn't even get a proper conclusion shows that Hasbro themselves didn't really care much for it. I think Hasbro should put their focus on G5 itself rather than reviving a poorly made spinoff.

Hopefully not, but I wouldn't really care. Well, bring 3D into the equation, might be odd for us older men. We cannot just watch "Barbie" 3D movies now can we?

The main issue with G5 is its highly paid voice actors. I will be surprised to see a normal pony TV-series with Hasbro's current decisions, so how would they pay for G5 Equestria Girls voice actors as well?

1 hour ago, Landi said:

I really don't think there should be an Equestria Girls in G5. Instead of being about magical ponies living out lives in a heavily magical world, EQG was about a group of human copies of characters going to high school. Plus, considering that the franchise didn't even get a proper conclusion shows that Hasbro themselves didn't really care much for it. I think Hasbro should put their focus on G5 itself rather than reviving a poorly made spinoff.

1) They’re still selling EQG toys even after they canceled the show, so they obviously still see value in the brand

2) EQG getting canceled was arguably the result of the main show’s shortcomings rather than its own(namely the movie underperforming and the production of the later series being a mess) as well as Hasbro’s deteriorating relationship with DHX(like their pisspoor security pretty much getting everything about the show’s production getting leaked). Only thing about EQG that may have contributed was the rebooted line bombing, and even then the Minis were still selling really well 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Megas said:

1) They’re still selling EQG toys even after they canceled the show, so they obviously still see value in the brand

2) EQG getting canceled was arguably the result of the main show’s shortcomings rather than its own(namely the movie underperforming and the production of the later series being a mess) as well as Hasbro’s deteriorating relationship with DHX(like their pisspoor security pretty much getting everything about the show’s production getting leaked). Only thing about EQG that may have contributed was the rebooted line bombing, and even then the Minis were still selling really well 

While both FiM and EQG were made to sell toys, FiM also tried be a good show on it's own with it's elaborate writing and characters (for the most part, that is). EQG more so just felt like a big advertisement for its toys, and didn't really try as hard with its characters and stories. Hasbro wanted to compete with Mattel's Monster High, so they made their own version of it and just slapped the MLP name and characters onto it. If Hasbro really wants to make something similar to EQG in the future, it would probably be best if they make something entirely separate from the MLP franchise, so those who are interested in My Little Pony don't have to worry about a subpar spinoff being canon.

1 hour ago, Landi said:

While both FiM and EQG were made to sell toys, FiM also tried be a good show on it's own with it's elaborate writing and characters (for the most part, that is). EQG more so just felt like a big advertisement for its toys, and didn't really try as hard with its characters and stories. Hasbro wanted to compete with Mattel's Monster High, so they made their own version of it and just slapped the MLP name and characters onto it. If Hasbro really wants to make something similar to EQG in the future, it would probably be best if they make something entirely separate from the MLP franchise, so those who are interested in My Little Pony don't have to worry about a subpar spinoff being canon.

Lol the show never forced you to watch the spin-off, I don’t know where this mentality has been coming from lately 

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Lol the show never forced you to watch the spin-off, I don’t know where this mentality has been coming from lately 

I wasn't saying that we were forced to watch EQG, just that it's creation and association with FiM was unnecessary. It's tone and characters feel very different from FiM's, and it's association with the name "My Little Pony" doesn't feel right (especially since EQG isn't even about ponies). Now luckily the FiM writers avoided making any references to EQG, thus giving the viewers the option to not watch EQG and say that it isn't cannon with FiM. If they had made frequent references to EQG in FiM, then we'd feel a lot more forced to watch it, even if we didn't actually want to.

As for G5, I think that Hasbro should put their MLP assets towards the main movie and show rather than splitting it up between ponies and humans. This would help Hasbro focus more on their core MLP franchise rather than get distracted by another strange humanoid spinoff.

Honestly. No thanks. I dunno how well it’d even work. I’d prefer them put more into the main series before even trying with a spin off. Like if they wanna try they should wait a few years to bother. Or at least make a real finale to the original one. 

1 hour ago, Landi said:

I wasn't saying that we were forced to watch EQG, just that it's creation and association with FiM was unnecessary. It's tone and characters feel very different from FiM's, and it's association with the name "My Little Pony" doesn't feel right (especially since EQG isn't even about ponies). Now luckily the FiM writers avoided making any references to EQG, thus giving the viewers the option to not watch EQG and say that it isn't cannon with FiM. If they had made frequent references to EQG in FiM, then we'd feel a lot more forced to watch it, even if we didn't actually want to.

This. All this sums up my thoughts on EqG. 

• Brohoof 1

I never was interested in EQG, and I still haven't watched a single EQG episode/movie at all. But regardless, I wouldn't mind if EQG was in G5 as long as it would remain it's own series and not a part of the G5 show itself.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly feel like equestria girls was more an unfinished project for evryone working on it and more of a merchandise thing for hasbro aswell. as much as i would love to see an ending to equestria girls, because i feel we were robbed of it i honestly dont think there will be an ending to it or any successor to it  

• 4 months later...

Sooner or later someone at Hasbro will want to bring Equestria Girls back in one form or another. Originality doesn't really exist anymore in the entertainment industry.

On 2021-07-23 at 4:06 PM, Landi said:

I wasn't saying that we were forced to watch EQG, just that it's creation and association with FiM was unnecessary. It's tone and characters feel very different from FiM's, and it's association with the name "My Little Pony" doesn't feel right (especially since EQG isn't even about ponies). 

Equestria Girls has a lot to do with ponies. The main character of EQ is Sunset who is a pony from Equestria.