Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Pony in Anima City (Private with Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

OOC Here

@Illiad Easle

It was an early morning in the city of Anima City, and it had been a few months since Allen Sylvasta, the previous CEO of Sylvasta Pharmaceutical had attacked the city and shown his true colors, and Mayor Barbaray Rose had begun efforts to rebuild the city and allowing humans and other outsiders into the city, legal phones inside of the city also had been updated to be just like the ones from Japan, allowing owners access to the internet and applications and numbers from the outside world.

The city was basically just like that of a human city, buildings and such were of human architecture, and there was even seemingly abandoned sections, which were run by gangs and a slums. 

This particular morning, a red panda beastman by the name of Ash Furleigh was opening up his cafe, which was named The Happy Bean. He'd cover a yawn and stretch, flipping the closed sign to open and going behind the counter to start the day.

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

At some point in the morning's preparations Ash would need to take the trash out to the dumpster in the back alley (If this doesn't work for you I can change that, but I figure most front facing cafe's in a city back to an alley.)

While doing so he'd come across a smaller, zebra-like, creature huddled in a tattered cloak and shaking like a leaf, wide eyes staring in fear at him. While she looked pretty much like a typical zebra beastman, there was something about her appearance that just seemed... off, a bit of uncanny valley to her.

She waited for Ash to make a move, too scared to run away.

@Illiad Easle

Ash would notice the zebra and tilt his head, he'd put the trash in the dumpster before rushing in, and soon coming back out with some food and water, he'd kneel and put it down in front of her "You look starving and like you haven't eaten in ages" he'd say, gently nudging the plate towards the zebra "Go on, it's okay" he'd give her a soft, sweet smile.

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

By the time Ash got back, the strange zebra was nowhere to be seen, but a rustling from inside the dumpster gave away her new location.

If he looked inside he'd find her digging through the trash, likely looking for something edible. When she saw that she had been discovered she let out a high pitched 'eep!' and with a 'pop' disappeared, reappearing a short distance away where she had been before, this time cowering.

Assuming the food was still offered to her it would take her some time to realize that she was not about to get hurt. She slowly stopped cowering, keeping a close eye on Ash as she slowly accepted the food given her. She would back up a bit before she started eating whatever she'd been presented, too hungry to care at this point.

Once the food was gone, provided she was not approached while eating, she would quietly say "Thank you." before coughing up some teal mucus.

@Illiad Easle

Ash would smile at her, "When you're done and want a shower, just knock on the door" he'd say, "I'll hear you and bring you upstairs so you can wash up and borrow some of my clothes" he would say to her, keeping a distance so he wouldn't frighten here "My name is Ash by the way, so you can call my name" he gives her a small reassuring smile, before standing back up and going in through the door to resume his work day,

@Scarlet Rose

"Mari... I'm Mari..." She said once he had turned to leave, but before he went back in the building.

---- 

Six days, Mari chided herself, Mother would be so disappointed. Six days prior she had arrived in this strange place, a Zebrican ritual had clashed wildly with her changeling magic and the next thing she knew she was here, strange creatures of all types around her. Her first instinct, like all changelings, was to hide, and so she had. The city wasn't too different from the one over her hive, but she couldn't find any trace of other changelings.

She had spent the night in that alley behind Ash's café, he was the first person who noticed her who paid her any mind, looking on her with genuine concern rather than the disdain the others had, which is why she had risked sticking around when she had first been spotted.

The food had been good, but it wasn't enough to satisfy her, she'd need some mineral water to make some gel with, so she could metabolize the emotions around her. She hadn't found a good source of either since her arrival, at least until today. As such, despite everything her mother had taught her, she was going to trust this creature that had taken pity on her. 

Still, it took her several minutes to work up the courage to knock, clutching the tattered ritual cloak that was her only article of clothing and only link back home close to her body.

*Knock *knock

She hung her head, Changelings are supposed to be independent, strong enough to care for themselves...

@Illiad Easle

Ash was tidying up after a few customers and had just heard the knocking on his back door. Knowing it might Mari, he'd go to it, and just in case it wasn't and some gangster, he'd open it slowly. Once he saw that it was her, he'd smile and open the door "Hello again Mari, come on in" he'd say, as he stepped aside to allow her to come in.

After Mari would step inside, he'd glance to the cafe area, and notice that it was empty for the time being, he'd look at her "Follow me, I'll show you to the bathroom and my room where my clothes are" he says with a gentle tone, leading her up the stairs to his apartment above his cafe. He opens the door and leads her through the small hallway, "Okay, the bathroom is last on the left, there should be a new sponge and toothbrush in the cabinet, also feel free to use any of the products.

He shows her the bathroom, it was a pretty average bathroom, with a shower, sink with a cabinet, mirror and a toilet with towel racks. He then leads her to his bedroom "Second on the right, underwear is in that drawer" he points to a set of drawers and the top drawer, "skirts and pants are in that draw" he then points to a middle drawer "and my tops are in the wardrobe" he points to the wardrobe.

He smiles "I've got to return to work, but once you're ready, come down to the front, and I'll get you something a little more filling" he says, smiling to her before turning to leave.

@Scarlet Rose

Mari followed closely behind as Ash led the way, listening as he instructed, offering another quiet "Thank you" in response.

Once she was alone, she sighed, relaxing her rather tense stance, What am I doing here? Why is this one being so... kind? She went into the bathroom and looked for the items Ash had mentioned, finding them easily enough, At least these look familiar.

She took off the ritual cloak before removing her disguise in a roll of teal fire as she stepped into the shower. The fire was cleansing enough for sanitation, but she still felt the sweat and grime of the past few days. Chitin washed far faster than fur anyway.

Once she was done she restored her disguise with another roll of fire, she had tried to make some gel with the water in the shower, but found it lacking. The water was no doubt treated, and as such lacking in most of the minerals needed to make a proper emotion gel. Still, it was enough to get by on for now.

Looking through the clothing options she'd choose the most concealing things she could find, something like sweatpants and a hoodie, the less of her that was exposed, the less anyone could notice how strange she looked.

She took a few moments to compose herself before coming back downstairs, her countenance still very subdued, "Why are you so kind to me? No one else here paid me any attention."

@Illiad Easle

Ash had served a few more customers and was busy making himself a drink and something to eat when he heard Mari coming down the stairs and smiles as she asks him the question. He'd turn around, coffee in hand "The world can be a cruel place, and I just do what I can to shed a little light in the darkness" he'd say and then chuckle "Okay that was kind of cryptic wasn't it? In short, it's just how I was raised, to help those in need"

@Scarlet Rose

Mari looked unsure how to proceed, electing to lean against the nearest wall or doorframe, "I was raised to be independent, to not need help. So... this is a new experience for me, being helpless." A Failure

She looked around, "I should pay you back somehow... right? I... I don't have any money, or anything I could give you... But I could help you maybe?"

@Illiad Easle

Ash would nod "well you're not entirely helpless" he'd try to reassure her "I'll start you off with something easy" he'd give her a notepad and a pen "If you can please go get customers' orders then bring them to me, that'd be great" he'd ask her.

@Scarlet Rose

Mari looked a bit unsure as she took the offered notepad and pen, "I, er... ok." She took a deep breath, Just need to remember what cousin Freya taught me. Being a waitress can't be all that different from a tour guide right?

I wasn't much good at that either though.

She shook the nagging thoughts from her head, "I'll, um, do my best."

She took a moment to familiarize herself with the menu, and the layout of the café, then set out to take her first order, "Hi! Um, welcome, can I take your order?"

@Illiad Easle

The customer was a Cat and she would smile "Hello? are you new?" she would ask with a slight purr "I would like a large flat white mocha and a slice of black forest cake, please" she'd say to her, "You're lucky, a lot of people wish to work for Ash, it's been heard he's a fair and good boss to work for"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

23 hours ago, Scarlet Rose said:

"Hello? are you new?

Mari blushed slightly, "Oh, um, yes, I'm new."

She jotted down the order as it was given, and was about to ask if there was anything else when the cat continued,

23 hours ago, Scarlet Rose said:

"You're lucky, a lot of people wish to work for Ash, it's been heard he's a fair and good boss to work for"

She looked a bit subdued, "I don't know about that," I certainly don't feel lucky, "I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that. I'll, um, I'll get your order for you."

She would head back over to where Ash was, "They, er... they want a large flat white moka and a slice of black forest cake."

@Illiad Easle

Ash would smile as he watched Mari go about doing the task he gave to her, and then stood straight as she approached him with the order "Alright, one large flat white mocha and a slice of black forest cake, I'll get right onto it" he smiles "You only have to work for today" he'd say "Then we're even" he smiles "though if you're planning on staying long, you'll need to register at the Co Op"

@Scarlet Rose

Mari seemed a bit surprised and a little disappointed when Ash said she only had to work for one day, He must think I'm a failure too, or he thinks my disguise is hideous and can't stand to see me.

She was confused though at the mention of the Co-Op, "The Co-Op? What's that?"

@Illiad Easle

"The Co-Op is the cooperative branch of the Government, they help newcomers settle in" he'd say and then notice the look of disappointment "I mean, if you want to work more than just a day, then I'm fine with it, but your debt to me for before is paid" he'd say to her with a smile.

@Scarlet Rose

(I keep wanting to like your posts, but you don't like any of mine so...)

Mari sighed and looked down, "I... I shouldn't, I don't belong here, I..." she shook her head, "You've already done enough for me, I shouldn't bother you with my problems."

Unless Ash stopped her or had the first order ready she'd go back out to take more orders. If the first order were ready she'd take it out to the customer before moving on to take the next order.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Ash would smile a little and shake his head "This is Anima City, Mari, the place where those that don't belong in normal society go to" he'd say to her "Well, for us it's because of our Beastmen blood, but here in this city, there really is no such thing as 'not belonging'" he'd tell her with a swarm smile, giving her the order "Here, you can take this to the customer please"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari didn't look so sure, and seemed a bit confused at the term beastman, but didn't comment on it, No doubt it's something they all know. Asking about it would reveal me as an imposter.

As she went to deliver the order she thought more on what Ash has said to her, Maybe I could stay here? Maybe even not hide what I am? She could hear her old instructor's voice chiding her: 'Running away from your problems again are you? Hiding from them wont fix them.'

She pushed down the thoughts with a deep breath, putting on a small smile before setting the order down on the table for the customer, "Here you are, I hope you enjoy it."

She'd then go up to the next customer if there was one and ask their order.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Ash would smile a little as he would serve some walk in customers who had come up to the counter to make their orders. He would look over to see how Mari was doing and smiles a bit more. She seemed a bit nervous but showed more confidence than some of the others he has had work for him.

The customer smiles "Thank you, and I am sure I will" she'd say with a smile

There was a dolphin girl sitting at another table, waiting to be served. Ash calls Mari over

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

1 hour ago, Scarlet Rose said:

Ash calls Mari over

(I assume this was intentional? It feels like there was more that got lost.)

Mari would get the dolphin girl's order before coming back to Ash with a somewhat concerned expression, "What do you need? Did I do something wrong?"

@Illiad Easle

12 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

(I assume this was intentional? It feels like there was more that got lost.)

yep

"Oh no, no, I just need you to bring this order to the couple over there" he'd say to her, pointing to a couple comprising of a racoon and a fox. "You're doing a great job by the way"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

She'd nod, her expression when praised seemed somewhat embarrassed, even a little guilty, He's just saying that. I can't be that good at this. 

It was usually uncommon for changelings to experience imposter syndrome, since they were often literally being imposters, but when it did hit, like in Mari's case, it tended to hit hard as the cost of coming clean was potentially death. What if there aren't other changelings here because they killed them? The government will see right through me and kill me too...

Inwardly she was working herself up, but she was a professional at hiding it, and so outwardly she put on the show of a kind, happy waitress.

She brought the order over to the racoon and fox couple, "Here you are, enjoy. Let me know if you need anything else."

If they didn't immediately mention anything she'd move on to another table.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

The couple would smile as they were given their orders "Thank you" the female, the racoon would say to her "I don't think I've seen you around before? But I hope you stay, Ash is usually exhausted at the end of the day, as he runs this place by himself" she would say, clearly being a regular "I also don't think I've seen him this happy before" she would smile to her.

Ash was busy making the dolphin girl's order, and he had a sway to his movements and even to his tail.

• Brohoof 1