Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] Shadow of The Father

Loud Opinion

(edited)

King Sombra, or as his family named him: Radiant Hope, has become more reclusive. His bedridden wife is his only companion in the long hours of his research. His doughtier, Magloria, isn't taking it well. Magloria doesn't know a lot of things. Why is her mother Sombra ill? What is happening to Radiant? Why is the air so tense? Maybe her friend Limbo Dreams could help.

This is Magloria's story. To what extent can she write it?

A prequel to Ambition for Ascension, hosted by Loud Opinion; co-written by @Starforce and @ExplosionMare.

In Character

Edited by Loud Opinion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to [OOC] Shadow of The Father
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Loud Opinion @ExplosionMare

Explosionmare and I have decided that we would have a hard time pursuing the story we had came up with, and upon further discussion the two of us decided we weren't really enjoying it, so we'd like to cancel this one, sorry. I find it hard to play a filly a character, and not only that I am not willing to go through such a trauma on someone so young in a roleplay upon further thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

I am not willing to go through such a trauma on someone so young

So are you worried about receiving trauma personally, or do you not want your character to go through this tragedy? The grammar error could be corrected in either direction.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

So are you worried about receiving trauma personally, or do you not want your character to go through this tragedy? The grammar error could be corrected in either direction.

I am worried about the character going through with it but our point still stands. 

• Brohoof 1

Just getting a complete understanding before we conclude.

It was a pleasure to have the both of you as a part of my story.

It was a shame that the experience wasn't mutual.

Alas, a GM is nothing without his players, but do not be burdened. This is not the last story I will attempt to tell, and greener pastures await you as well.

Let it be known that this one-sided farce has come to a close.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

I was mostly confused about the last bit where Limbo gave Sombra the nightshade. It seemed like in the beginning, the plan was to heal Sombra once again but now it sounds like Limbo is planning to kill her off.

There also isn’t much known about Limbo yet so it’s hard to say if this is a character motive or just a change to the story.

Nightshade, or deadly nightshade is the most poisons plant in the eastern hemisphere. I thought nightshade as poison was more common knowledge. I use a metaphor of the grim reaper to emphasis, but if I'd known it wasn't so widespread I would have used something more clear.

Limbo Passes is a sacred dancer. Her whole life she has dedicated herself to helping others enjoy the moment. She's offering death to Sombra for the same reason she earned her cutie mark.

Forgive me for sounding greedy, but are there any other examples?

Edited by Loud Opinion
  • Brohoof 1

That’s where I figured the story was heading, just wanted to be sure.

I think the rest of the story was fine, it was mainly the fact that we didn’t discuss this story much beyond the setup. It would get left behind for a while before it was picked back up again.

We were one post away from reaching the second act. I should have mentioned that Sombra wouldn't be present in the story for very long.

I believe all I said was that this is mostly an origin story for Magloria. There are other characters you could have played as past the first act, but I should have told you that Sombra wouldn't make it past the first act.

@Loud Opinion

From now on I am not going to let others have such large influences over my characters backstories. I know that when we created this backstory months ago that I was satisfied with it, but later down the line I found myself having second thoughts and not being satisfied with it as it felt more like your character than my own. Not only that, this style of roleplay isn't my usual go to.