Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation A Farewell to Memes: PBS' Arthur Ending in 2022

Dark Qiviut

After over 25 years on the air, Arthur the beloved PBS cartoon will soon come to an end, IGN has learned. 

Following rumors and speculation that the show would no longer produce new episodes of the long-running children's animated series, Carol Greenwald, Executive Producer for Arthur confirmed to IGN that after the 25 season of the show airs on TV no new episodes will be produced, but said that the show will continue to be available on PBS Kids in the near future. 

"In the winter of 2022, the 25th and final season of Arthur will debut. Arthur will continue to be available on PBS KIDS for years to come," Greenwald told IGN in an email. "Producer GBH and PBS KIDS are continuing to work together on additional Arthur content, sharing the lessons of Arthur and his friends in new ways."

https://www.ign.com/articles/pbs-arthur-final-season-premiere-date-season-25

Arthur taught children some of the most sensitive subjects, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, and grieving after a tragedy (“April 9”). It rightfully earns its spot as one of the greatest children’s shows of all time.

Makes sense:dash: given the show's Wiki site states the final episode produced is titled "All Grown Up":mustache:  Sad that once it's summer 2022, it's the end of an era:(  The terrible thing:mlp_gag: about this is that Family Guy:glimmer: and Bob's Burgers:nom: will take advantage of the open gate:Cozy: to surpass Arthur and its respective creators will laugh at that show:worry:  

Thank you for the childhood, the life lessons and the stories.

But most importantly, thank you for all of the memes and youtube parodies

The Arthur fist meme is the best new meme in a long line of Arthur memes -  The Verge

5 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Makes sense:dash: given the show's Wiki site states the final episode produced is titled "All Grown Up":mustache:  Sad that once it's summer 2022, it's the end of an era:(  The terrible thing:mlp_gag: about this is that Family Guy:glimmer: and Bob's Burgers:nom: will take advantage of the open gate:Cozy: to surpass Arthur and its respective creators will laugh at that show:worry:  

Both of those are completely different shows airing for completely different demographs

• Brohoof 2

Loved the show when I was a kid, even remember when Postcards from Buster came out. Watching some clips of the newer episodes though, I have to be brutally honest and say that I cringed at the decline of the animation quality. :Thorax:Will still appreciate the show for the wholesome entertainment it was back in the day though, even if the real wholesome entertainment was the memes. :oh_golly:

7 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Arthur will still fall in the "longest-running kids cartoons" category. :mustache: There's a reason adults get paired up with adults and kids get paired up with kids in competitions. :maud:

I never watched the show because I was in my late teenage years when it first came out, but I have been well aware of its existence ever since the beginning. I'm certain my nephews and niece grew up watching it in-between watching all those other shows aimed at the very young (Including the ones that must never be uttered) so hearing that it will be ending after a quarter of a century is sure to have mixed feelings across the spectrum. Sure, it was known for memes but that's just the online world making use of some of its mature content, but deep down, Arthur did what only a few shows in that genre have been able to achieve.

• Brohoof 1