Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure Elements of Equestria 2: Chapter 5

DivineMist1000

(edited)

IMG_0835.thumb.JPG.d1c86f3a66b5cd9ab440fe9a37fc4bcb.JPG

Chapter 5: Looming Dread

Lee continued walking outside as he talked to himself. Tempest tried to get him to stop moving, but Lee simply brushed her off as a sudden sense of panic washed over him.

"Lee... What's gotten into you? What's wrong?" Tempest asked.

"Didn't you read the book, Tempest? Malice is looking for those Essences of Emotion and he's gonna use them to take over Equestria. We have no idea where to look for these things and also... he's hunting for me too."

Tempest shook her head at Lee's words, not knowing why he was so worried. Tempest calmed Lee down by sitting him down gently onto a bench and nuzzling him and he smiled a bit too as she did this.

"Malice won't get anywhere near you while I'm here! Your shield will protect you from all that would dare come near you, my love!"

As they both looked into each other's eyes, Lee felt his happiness return at seeing Tempest's beautiful face.

"You're right... Yeah, you're right Tempest! As long as I have you, I know that I'm always safe!"

Lee nuzzled Tempest back and shared a kiss before Chrysalis approached them both and cleared her throat to get their attention.

"Well... if you two are done, we still have a small situation to take care of."

Chrysalis flipped through the book to see if she could find a solution to finding the Essences of Emotion, but she only got more anxious as she went from front to back in the book several times.

"Ahh, I don't see anything about these stones!! How are we supposed to find them if they won't tell us?! GRAHHH, IT'S A WASTE OF TIME!!!!"

In a fit of anger, Chrysalis threw the book on the ground and kicked it away, but this only made Lee and Tempest look at her in annoyance.

"Oh, good job breaking the 1000 year old book, Chrysalis! What are you thinking?" 

Tempest went to retrieve the book and noticed something strange as she looked at it. A faint picture on one of the pages came into view in the sunlight and Tempest picked the book up.

"Hey, what's up Tempest?" Lee asked.

Chrysalis saw Tempest hold the book up to the sun and the picture within came more clear. Tempest looked at the picture and could faintly make out a few points of interest: a range of mountains, an ocean, a desert, a castle and a volcano. On these landmarks were dots and underneath the picture was a couple of words:

"To seek the Emotions, follow the light in your heart..."

Tempest looked over at Lee and showed him the book again. Lee noticed the picture underneath the letters too and saw the dots on the different landmarks.

"Wow! That's incredible, Tempest! What are these dots for?"

"Hmm, five landmarks and five dots... Could it be that these are the locations of the Essences?"

Chrysalis was impressed by the fact that a map was underneath all the words on the pages. As Chrysalis examined the book more, Tempest paced about and wondered what they should do next.

"We got their locations now, but who knows how long it will take to find them. Lee, let's take this information to Celestia and Luna!"

"Great idea, but what about Chrysalis?" Lee asked.

"She can stay at our place until we get back... Hopefully she doesn't break anything."

Lee and Tempest explained their plan to Chrysalis and she agreed with what they were both saying.

"Perfect. You two go see the princesses and I'll see if I can't find a map to mark these locations!

Chrysalis then walked away as Lee and Tempest went towards the castle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As they came close to the door to the throne room inside the castle, Lee and Tempest quickly went inside and spoke Celestia's and Luna's name aloud, but they both soon realized that both princesses were not there.

"What? They're not here?" Tempest said aloud.

Lee approached two guards by the thrones and asked the two of them where Celestia and Luna were.

"So sorry you two, but the princesses had to attend a festival in Ponyville and they'll both be gone for the remainder of the day."

"Ugh, they gotta do this now? B-But this is important... We have to show them something right now!" 

Tempest calmed Lee down as he started to get more and more anxious about the situation and Lee smiled a little at Tempest before turning his attention back to the guards.

"Lee, we're not gonna get anything from them. Let's just go to Ponyville and find Celestia and Luna."

"No!! No… we need to just forget about them. Tempest, every second we waste is another opportunity for Malice to find the Essences and we need to start looking for these things now!”

Lee started walking away from the thrones and walked through the corridors of the castle until he made his way back outside. Tempest followed him until they both came to an overlook of the valleys below and Ponyville as well.

“Tempest, if we don’t stop him… we lose all of this. All of our friends will be imprisoned against their will, all happiness will be extinguished and all of Equestria will be doomed!”

The both of them held hooves together and looked into each other’s eyes and they only remained where they were for the longest time.

“You… you’re right, Lee! We have to get started on this search at once! We have to stop Malice no matter what and we’ll find these Essences before he does!”

Lee and Tempest hugged and kissed once more before they decided to leave Canterlot and make their way back to their house to follow up with Chrysalis.

“Hopefully Chrysalis has pinpointed these locations, yeah?”

Before Lee walked away again, Tempest stopped him by putting her hoof in front of him.

“And Lee… you know that this isn’t going to be easy, right? This search will take us all over Equestria and who knows what we might run into.”

Lee smiled at Tempest’s concern and held hooves with her.

“I’m not afraid of it… I have you, my beautiful shield! As long as we’re together, nothing will stop us!”

Tempest nuzzled Lee again and he watched as she walked ahead of him and left him by himself for a minute.

As Lee stared at the horizon once more, he felt a faint whisper in his ears. Lee looked around as he heard this, but didn’t see anypony else around him.

“Hmm, must’ve been the wind…”

Lee shrugged before rejoining Tempest and making their way back to the house.

A/N: This is a short one but I’m just setting up the new adventure for this chapter. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Edited by DivineStorm1000
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, DivineStorm1000 said:

"Oh, good job breaking the 1000 year old book, Chrysalis! What are you thinking?" 

How can books be broken? :dash: Nevertheless, got a laugh from this part. Good short exposition chapter! :Tempest:

8 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

How can books be broken? :dash: Nevertheless, got a laugh from this part. Good short exposition chapter! :Tempest:

You could break the spine on the book! 

And yeah, I'm just calling the villain Malice now! What do you think of the first five chapters?

3 hours ago, DivineStorm1000 said:

You could break the spine on the book! 

And yeah, I'm just calling the villain Malice now! What do you think of the first five chapters?

Pretty decent! Still more attached to the first story so far, but I'm sure that you'll make me love this sequel more once the action starts picking up! :squee:

5 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Pretty decent! Still more attached to the first story so far, but I'm sure that you'll make me love this sequel more once the action starts picking up! :squee:

Yeah, these first five chapters were for setting up the Adventure, but it will start to get more intense from this point on!

• Brohoof 1