Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What exactly is the difference between a ponysona and an OC?

Paleopony

2 hours ago, Paleopony said:

Thanks everypony! I just wanted to make sure I knew the difference. I'm new to things like this.

For someone who's new to things like this, you were great at hitting things right on the nail first try! :laugh:

since you've already answered your question and then everypony above me has either said that or also answered it, I'm gonna go ahead and answer the OPs question in my own way:

ponysonas are rare, like breezies, and they are delicate and prone to harm. don't let them flutter in RPs on their own. instead cherish them and commission art of their colourful wings

OCs on the other hoof are often expendable. some rise to glory, but many fall under the tiny trampling hooves of the OC stampeded. They might represent a serious character, but may just be passing fad or just a snazzy palette - pink and green with freckles are this season's colours.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Peesonally I think a sona doesn't have to represent its creator like exactly its like a persona, a character you adopt, some people have ones that are the complete opposite of their personality or just a very very tiny aspect of themselves and have multiple. Ocs are just characters yeah.