Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why was Cozy Glow evil?

TheUnknownPhantom5

What triggered her to become evil was the fact that she was "pen pals" with Tirek. He planted the seeds of corruption within her, filling her mind with dark and evil thoughts like using friendship only for her personal gain. But the real question is, was she really good to begin with? I think she could have been good, but there had to be something very wrong with her to want to be pen pals with an evil villain who attempted to steal all the magic in the land and was sentenced to a life in Tartarus as a result. A normal pony would stay away from such a character, yet Cozy Glow decided to chat with him and listen to what he said! I think Cozy Glow had something wrong with her mentally, like maybe a mental illness, or perhaps she was abused to the point where it severely damaged her mental health.

You need a lot more of her story to really say, I suppose the first thing that comes to mind is narcissism and therefore is not unlikely to also be a sociopath or a psychopath in her case it could be either. On top of that however she might have depression and thereby she will have a worldview different from the ponies. If you take that into count and then perhaps she grew up without parents or a household with abusive ones as I'm sure that would create a personality that would be somewhat angry at the world. To her the power of friendship could literally just be power to her, a means to an end acquiring power to fulfill her narcissism and doing whatever she needs to do so without much empathy for those she would involve in her goal. That alongside Tirek and other influences I could imagine her having perhaps some ability to help her be reformed as it were. Yet what she needs is definitely help a psychologist or psychiatrist, regardless though she may see no wrong in her doing and she would still feel justified in her own narcissism of having done that. The question remains could she be reformed or rather can everyone be reformed. It would be wrong to say no, yet at the same time perhaps it was just the writers finishing it up without much thought on it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It seems she really was just obsessed with power. They could have done a lot more with her, she even has the rook as her cutie mark, which is considered the most useful towards to end of a chess game. I have many ideas when it comes to this character, I enjoy her as a villain and I saw a lot of potential. :coco:

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Sven Seelenherz said:

It seems she really was just obsessed with power. They could have done a lot more with her, she even has the rook as her cutie mark, which is considered the most useful towards to end of a chess game. I have many ideas when it comes to this character, I enjoy her as a villain and I saw a lot of potential. :coco:

She's the reason why I got into the fandom..... 

• Brohoof 1

She probably took "friendship is magic" too literally since she had interpreted it as a means to obtain power rather than to have an improved quality of life. She had probably tried making friends in the past but couldn't keep them for long since she didn't have a purpose for them.

• Brohoof 3

39 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

She probably took "friendship is magic" too literally since she had interpreted it as a means to obtain power rather than to have an improved quality of life. She had probably tried making friends in the past but couldn't keep them for long since she didn't have a purpose for them.

She was influenced by tirek if you recall.

So she was influenced from the start. 

• Brohoof 1

One day she woke up with a talent tattooed on her flank. Now she was completely evil.

MLP has this purpose driven thing with the cutie marks. What if she was just born with that talent, to be evil, to always be the bad guy? That's why she is (hopefully) in jail or set in stone or something. Very dangerous mastermind twisted on what "Friendship" could mean.

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

One day she woke up with a talent tattooed on her flank. Now she was completely evil.

MLP has this purpose driven thing with the cutie marks. What if she was just born with that talent, to be evil, to always be the bad guy? That's why she is (hopefully) in jail or set in stone or something. Very dangerous mastermind twisted on what "Friendship" could mean.

Everyone hates the rook:derp: it was a no brainer

I like to imagine that Cozy was the result of an experiment gone wrong, created by a lonely and reckless colt. 

The colt was so awkward and lonely that he decided to make a friend of his own with dark magic, and the attempt went so wrong.

The accident took his life, and Cozy Glow ended up evil.

Cozy Glow still gave him a proper burial as she understood that he created her and she had actual respect for that.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...