Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what is your opinion on Scootaloo’s parents?

Scootaloo9074090

Parents that care about themselves = Scootaloo's parents

Parents that care about their offspring Scootaloo's parents

Spoiler

They were the worst, even at the very end when they should have learnt the lesson (being told by the entire cast of Equestria), but they were like "you can stay then, we will go and have fun like we planned all along, bye!" >_>

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Parents that care about themselves = Scootaloo's parents

Parents that care about their offspring Scootaloo's parents

Reveal hidden contents

They were the worst, even at the very end when they should have learnt the lesson (being told by the entire cast of Equestria), but they were like "you can stay then, we will go and have fun like we planned all along, bye!" >_>

interesting 

3 hours ago, Metal Brony 42 said:

They basically abandoned her.

I really don't understand the backlash these two have gotten. Instead of taking a baby into the woods where it could be eaten, get sick or lost they decided to put her with people who could keep her safe. She didn't  just know of them but where they were and to send letters at those addresses. We also don't know how often they visit even though the train schedule along with their jobs mean it's not every week they still try and make plans with her.  People make it seem they football tossed her out the womb to the aunts at birth and didn't come back till she was a teenager. 

(edited)
On 2021-08-02 at 4:42 PM, Kujamih said:

Hmmmm now that I think of it..... I know the reason why scoots can't fly properly now..... Nice work hasbro....:yeahno:

actually pound cake can fly     hmm scooraloo might actually be disabledSee the source image

See the source image

Edited by Scootaloo9074090
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Scootaloo567686 said:

hmm scooraloo might actually be disabled

I go as far as to say this is confirmed. They didn’t verbally point it out, but…

3CD0BE42-DB35-4694-81AB-8440BC351BD1.jpeg.331e151f73926ee49a0bd1da12ec63b3.jpeg

Scootaloo’s adult design has child sized wings.

• Brohoof 2

Agreed with everybody. They need to take care of their daughter.

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

I go as far as to say this is confirmed. They didn’t verbally point it out, but…

3CD0BE42-DB35-4694-81AB-8440BC351BD1.jpeg.331e151f73926ee49a0bd1da12ec63b3.jpeg

Scootaloo’s adult design has child sized wings.

Not necessarily. Bulk has tiny wings and he can fly.

latest?cb=20181030075032%26path-prefix=p

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

Ah that’s true.

I still think that the creators were deliberately trying to invoke that she can’t fly with the stunted wings, but they kind of shot themselves in the foot with the existence of Bulk. XD

6 hours ago, Scootaloo567686 said:

hmm scooraloo might actually be disabled

There are conflicting stories on this; Faust has been known to say that Scoots just "hasn't figured it out yet" but equally, she is described in the show bible as an earthbound pegasus who has to overcome her handicaps, and there are claims Faust has said she will never be able to fly in the show. 

6 hours ago, Scootaloo567686 said:

I really don't understand the backlash these two have gotten. Instead of taking a baby into the woods where it could be eaten, get sick or lost they decided to put her with people who could keep her safe.

They did the best they could to keep her safe while they pursued their careers; that doens't alter that they put their careers ahead of their own filly, and Scoots was subject to parental neglect.  Still, it is narrative necessity that Scoots stay in ponyville, or she couldn't be part of the CMC; the same argument counts against (say) Dash's parents adopting her.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 2021-08-03 at 2:54 AM, CypherHoof said:

There are conflicting stories on this; Faust has been known to say that Scoots just "hasn't figured it out yet" but equally, she is described in the show bible as an earthbound pegasus who has to overcome her handicaps, and there are claims Faust has said she will never be able to fly in the show. 

They did the best they could to keep her safe while they pursued their careers; that doens't alter that they put their careers ahead of their own filly, and Scoots was subject to parental neglect.  Still, it is narrative necessity that Scoots stay in ponyville, or she couldn't be part of the CMC; the same argument counts against (say) Dash's parents adopting her.

well they did try their best at keeping her safe and they not perfect parent. well  there is only creature that is amore of a parent than these two. deathstroke  might  not be the best parent at least he care about his family and love one and keeping them away from him so  at least they can be safe. Scootaloo kind of remind of deathstroke the color orange and both strong ( well deathstroke is strong)  See the source imagescoots_by_spier17_d6yjrcs-pre.png?token=MLP Vector - The Adventuring Parents

Edited by Scootaloo9074090
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-08-03 at 3:46 AM, Fluttershutter said:

latest?cb=20181030075032%26path-prefix=p

Both of them are so cute :catface: (not the parents)

The parents really were the worst. Reminds me of real parents at times. If you want children, you need to dedicate the time for them.

I normally don't use language like this but a lot of people here really like to crap on Scootaloo's parents, just because "they're away all the time". Just because we literally didn't see them until that very episode doesn't mean they didn't make time to hang out with Scootaloo on a regular basis. it all just happened off screen.

Besides considering their dangerous and glove-trotting careers, they're incredibly sane to at least let Scootaloo stay with family members so she can actually settle down and make some local friends instead of having to make friends in one location and practically never see them again whenever her parents decide to go to another part of the world.

I'm sorry but it really bugs me when people refuse to try to think of it from a more idealistic point of view. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-10-18 at 10:18 PM, Will Guide said:

I normally don't use language like this but a lot of people here really like to crap on Scootaloo's parents, just because "they're away all the time". Just because we literally didn't see them until that very episode doesn't mean they didn't make time to hang out with Scootaloo on a regular basis. it all just happened off screen.

Besides considering their dangerous and glove-trotting careers, they're incredibly sane to at least let Scootaloo stay with family members so she can actually settle down and make some local friends instead of having to make friends in one location and practically never see them again whenever her parents decide to go to another part of the world.

I'm sorry but it really bugs me when people refuse to try to think of it from a more idealistic point of view. 

I Agree with everything you just said.

scoots_by_spier17_d6yjrcs-pre.png?token=

• 5 months later...

Oh, right. I have an easy time to like ponies. They make it hard. :ButtercupLaugh: They were completely gone in all seasons, all those years. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle didn't even know them. Then they want to force Scootaloo to be part of their change, not even listening to her properly. But having parents like this made it a very powerful episode. Seeing Scootaloo sad made me sad, I can fully understand how she feels. I would have done everything to support Scootaloo if I was there.

But ponies like them shouldn't have kids. They live for their work and are always gone.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sven Glimmer said:

Oh, right. I have an easy time to like ponies. They make it hard. :ButtercupLaugh: They were completely gone in all seasons, all those years. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle didn't even know them. Then they want to force Scootaloo to be part of their change, not even listening to her properly. But having parents like this made it a very powerful episode. Seeing Scootaloo sad made me sad, I can fully understand how she feels. I would have done everything to support Scootaloo if I was there.

But ponies like them shouldn't have kids. They live for their work and are always gone.

In a way.... You practically said that Scootaloo shouldn't have existed? Hahahaha:laugh:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

In a way.... You practically said that Scootaloo shouldn't have existed? Hahahaha:laugh:

Haha. :coco: I can't imagine FiM without her. I would be happier if she had parents like Rainbow Dash's. :)

28 minutes ago, Sven Glimmer said:

Haha. :coco: I can't imagine FiM without her. I would be happier if she had parents like Rainbow Dash's. :)

Maybe those two should’ve swapped parents :Pharynx: Scootaloo could get all the praise she wants while Rainbow can live her dream of finally being left alone.

14 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Maybe those two should’ve swapped parents :Pharynx: Scootaloo could get all the praise she wants while Rainbow can live her dream of finally being left alone.

Honestly that's a really good idea, swap them! That's a good episode idea.

• The title was changed to what is your opinion on Scootaloo’s parents?