Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Everfree Wanderer

Ice Princess Silky

@Star Silk @Ocean Wavedream

Collapse looks on to Star Silk's actions there. She was quite honestly confused and a bit bewildered by what she had just seen. "What offering? What are you talking about? It seems like you are out here doing something...ritualistic. I hope its not anything baaddddddd...." Collapse mused, all of the eyes on her leather armor suddenly turning to Star Silk. "We wouldn't want any bad rituals happening, would we?" she asked with a giggle. Collapse seemed to be highly suspicious of what they were doing, here. 

1 minute ago, Starforce said:

Collapse looks on to Star Silk's actions there. She was quite honestly confused and a bit bewildered by what she had just seen. "What offering? What are you talking about? It seems like you are out here doing something...ritualistic. I hope its not anything baaddddddd...." Collapse mused, all of the eyes on her leather armor suddenly turning to Star Silk. "We wouldn't want any bad rituals happening, would we?" she asked with a giggle. Collapse seemed to be highly suspicious of what they were doing, here. 

Star Silk would be stunned for a moment at Collapse's words. Her eyes glazing over as if she were reliving an old stigma that had hit her. She'd forgotten not to do this in mixed company. Ponies weren't always as understanding, even if they had intended to be.

"I--" she'd blush, keeping the hood further over her head. "There is no good in pursuing bad. You'll find even people who value and praise bad are rarely ever happy themselves." She'd lay down and descend her chin on her hooves, the hem of her hood draping over her eyes further.

Maybe if she closed her eyes, the world might disappear and they would go away.

Moments ago, Star Silk said:

Star Silk would be stunned for a moment at Collapse's words. Her eyes glazing over as if she were reliving an old stigma that had hit her. She'd forgotten not to do this in mixed company. Ponies weren't always as understanding, even if they had intended to be.

"I--" she'd blush, keeping the hood further over her head. "There is no good in pursuing bad. You'll find even people who value and praise bad are rarely ever happy themselves." She'd lay down and descend her chin on her hooves, the hem of her hood draping over her eyes further.

Maybe if she closed her eyes, the world might disappear and they would go away.

Collapse strolls on over to Star Silk and the eyes all blink once as she looks down at her. "Well, can't just mope about you know? Gotta tell me whats going on here, I am quite curious!" she puts her hooves to her cheeks and grins widely, innocently. She really wanted to know what Star Silk was up to her, her curiosity wouldn't be quenched until she knew what it was. Collapse pants a little bit, her curiosity was making her heart beat rise a bit. 

"What just happened?" Peppermint mumbled as she recalled what she just saw. She just saw Star Silk dug a hole in the ground, bury some red jems, did a strange dance, and pulled on her hood again. Then she said something about enticing something. It seemed like some kind of ritual.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw that alright. What is she up to?

"Gosh, everypony is acting more sus than a group of imposters in among us..." she mumbled to herself.

"What are you doing?" Peppermint asked.

1 minute ago, Starforce said:

Collapse strolls on over to Star Silk and the eyes all blink once as she looks down at her. "Well, can't just mope about you know? Gotta tell me whats going on here, I am quite curious!" she puts her hooves to her cheeks and grins widely, innocently. She really wanted to know what Star Silk was up to her, her curiosity wouldn't be quenched until she knew what it was. Collapse pants a little bit, her curiosity was making her heart beat rise a bit. 

Curiosity? Star Silk would lift her head and meet the gaze of the sweet, innocent Collapse. Able to relate to her need to know more, she couldn't help but giggle in spite of herself. "Oh... you mean... you're not going to judge?" She'd blush with a happy smile. "Okay! Well," she'd take a stand and uncover some of the gem. "If you take a fire ruby that has been well aged, it'll attract certain creatures that leave gifts in exchange. You have to do a little dance to notify them. They're always hidden, you see." She'd nod once.

"However," with a soft frown. "I am really hoping they provide the proper gift. Solar petals. I need them for their extracts on a certain elixir I am making."

• Brohoof 1

Collapse mused at what was told. How could a pegasus do any of that? It didn't really make much sense to her at all. She didn't understand that. "Well, the obvious thing is, how does a pegasus such as you know all about that magic stuff? I mean, I'm a unicorn and I have no idea what any of that really means myself! Well I do, but I also don't, I'm not an alchemist. As you can probably tell." she did a stance with her fly ring as if showing it off.

4 minutes ago, Starforce said:

Collapse mused at what was told. How could a pegasus do any of that? It didn't really make much sense to her at all. She didn't understand that. "Well, the obvious thing is, how does a pegasus such as you know all about that magic stuff? I mean, I'm a unicorn and I have no idea what any of that really means myself! Well I do, but I also don't, I'm not an alchemist. As you can probably tell." she did a stance with her fly ring as if showing it off.

These words would make Star Silk wince as if she were struck with something painful from her past. Her blue eyes glistening with unshed emotions. She adjusted the cloak around her back, really wishing the hood hadn't fallen back so as to show she did not have a horn. Downcasting her gaze, she'd slowly shake her head in defeat.

"It's," with a sigh "Not magic..." she'd look back, "It's science. But some of the items do hold something like a magical property. And that's what I extract." 

1 minute ago, Star Silk said:

These words would make Star Silk wince as if she were struck with something painful from her past. Her blue eyes glistening with unshed emotions. She adjusted the cloak around her back, really wishing the hood hadn't fallen back so as to show she did not have a horn. Downcasting her gaze, she'd slowly shake her head in defeat.

"It's," with a sigh "Not magic..." she'd look back, "It's science. But some of the items do hold something like a magical property. And that's what I extract." 

Collapse notices that Star Silk seemed to be feeling down. She didn't understand why this would be the case, but then again she just met Star Silk so she didn't know much about her. "Oh, that's pretty cool. I am sorry if I said something that put you down, I don't mean to at all. Come on, lighten up." Collapse moves closer to Star Silk, putting her eyes at an even gaze as she gazes on with compassion. 

Peppermint headed over to see what was going on. To be honest, she was kind of curious too and she wanted to find out what was going on. When Star Silk mentioned that it was supposed to be a science, and that certain creatures were involved, Peppermint became really interested. There didn't appear to be anything going on though. She stared at the mound in the ground before looking up at Star Silk, who seemed hurt (emotionally) for some reason.

"What's going on? I don't get it," Peppermint said. However, her mind was kind of wandering, thinking about the properties and abilities of solar petals.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Star Silk could see the sincerity in Collapse's eyes as they leveled together and her countenance would relax. Finding assurance in the good nature of the mare. She said nothing, allowing the feeling to course through her as if shedding them for newer, more wholesome ones. "Fair enough," she'd finally say after recovering. 

She'd then look over at Peppermint. "Oh!" Her cheeks would lightly color as she realized they had witnessed her ... quirky behavior. The same behavior that had earned her such a strange reputation in the past. Her pupils would dilate. She certainly didn't want to taint her reputation to these two new ponies. With a gentle chuckle, she'd close her eyes and wave her hoof dismissively. "Oh, just a silly ol' filly's tale we used to say to pass the time, you know...." adjusting the cloak over her wings and straighten up as if to compose herself with more dignity. 

"You've asked us what we are doing," looking to Peppermint. "I'd say, we should get somewhere safe. Before we provoke anything else in those forests."

@Star Silk @Zoom Jetstream

Collapse was pleased that her attempt at forming a positive connection to Star Silk was successful, even if Star Silk didn't reciprocate it to the extent that Collapse had wanted. Collapse glances to Peppermint, and found Peppermint rather hard to read as opposed to Star Silk. "So, tell me about yourself, Peppermint. You haven't said much." Collapse spoke calmly looking into her eyes with a bit of a flittering look in them. 

Upon Star Silk's statement she nodded in agreement. "Yes we should. Perhaps we should go into Ponyville where we are safer, or at least out of this forest. It boggles my mind what you two are doing out here anyways. I hope you don't come out here again, because there are some really nasty creatures here so I've heard." her calm tone transformed into a more of a serious one at that. 

"Ok then..." Peppermint said, though she wasn't sure if she believed what Star Silk just said. She turned her focus to what Collapse commented. 

"Sure, I can talk about myself. Let's walk and talk. I got the notes of what I was looking for anyways," she said, referring to the notepad she had with her. She had taken notes about the plants she wanted to observe when she got the change earlier. "So, my name is Peppermint, and I'm a botanist. I study the plants and their mysterious properties here in the Everfree Forest, but I also help farmers in Ponyville with their plants. What about you, Collapse?" she asked.

Star Silk was happy to have the conversation steered away. And her eyes would light up upon hearing Peppermint's introduction. "Gosh, there's so much to discover. Maybe we can exchange notes. I had to practically invest in my own lab to understand the more hidden properties." She'd blush at a passing memory "after so many fiascos. Some of them can be tricky to bottle up."

She trotted her way to the other ponies then smiled. "So, Ponyville, you say?" She wanted to be sure where to head off to as she retrieved a map from her saddle belt.

• Brohoof 1

@Star Silk @Zoom Jetstream

Collapse would point out the directions to Ponyville on Star Silk's map and would lead the way there. She was wise enough to avoid any suspicious looking plants. As she walks along she looks to Star Silk and Peppermint. She would address Peppermint's question first. "I'm an inventor of sorts and I specialize in anti-gravity and machinery. I also like taking things apart and putting them back together, I like seeing how things work and I like thinking of ways to improve them. I am self-employed." Collapse spoke with a beaming grin. "So tell us about yourself, Star Silk." she suggested calmly. 

"You have your own lab? So many Fiascos? And what is your occupation anyways?" Peppermint asked. She had a very strong feeling that she had heard of Star Silk before for some reason. However, Star Silk seemed very mysterious at the same time. She found herself agreeing with Collapse when she suggested that Star Silk talk about herself.