Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Love is in Bloom - Solo Acoustic Guitar Cover

Warbalist

Is that you?

Yep. That's me, baby!

That was really beautiful. Great job. :)

Thanks. Of course, a shout out must go to Mr. Ingram...

So beautiful, brings tears to my eyes! :lol:

What, you like my neon whiteness? :lol:

But really, thank you. I hope some guitarists out there get some mileage out of this arrangement.

Sweet celestia, I wish I could play guitar.... I can only play Bass

Bass is played similarly to classical guitar. If you ever find yourself with a lot of downtime, try it out. But, try it with tabs. Sheet music and guitar don't like each-other that much.

(edited)

Bass is played similarly to classical guitar. If you ever find yourself with a lot of downtime, try it out. But, try it with tabs. Sheet music and guitar don't like each-other that much.

After a lot of trial and error, I figured out how to play Love is in Bloom on my Bass. I don't know any bass chords (really hard to do) and i'm not that good at it, but I figured it out and will post the video once i can play it error free.

Edited by Anony-Brony
  • Brohoof 1

After a lot of trial and error, I figured out how to play Love is in Bloom on my Bass. I don't know any bass chords (really hard to do) and i'm not that good at it, but I figured it out and will post the video once i can play it error free.

With its super-massive strings, and insanely long neck, the bass has the possibility of being far more challenging than the guitar. Good going!

• Brohoof 1

With its super-massive strings, and insanely long neck, the bass has the possibility of being far more challenging than the guitar. Good going!

Thanks, I will be working on it. My fingers are a bit 'soft' because I haven't played in a while. I will get around to posting it by next month (family trip).

That COOL!

I suppose you answered my future question of, "how cool?"

Very beautiful cover. Well done, man :wub:

Thank you very much. I love doing these acoustic covers. I wonder which one I should try next...

Still listening, very catchy, again WELL DONE!

It is a very catchy song, isn't it? Daniel I. does great work, and can easily be translated to most instruments. Thank you.

Thanks, I will be working on it. My fingers are a bit 'soft' because I haven't played in a while. I will get around to posting it by next month (family trip).

Awesome, possum. Have fun on that trip!

I really want to know how long it took you to get used to finger picking like that. I'm not the best at multitasking, so switching chords and frets, while picking the strings, isn't my cup of... water.

Simply wonderful! great job :)

Thanks a bunch. I plan on doing more as soon as time allows.

I really want to know how long it took you to get used to finger picking like that. I'm not the best at multitasking, so switching chords and frets, while picking the strings, isn't my cup of... water.

Fingerpicking was weird. I started to learn it, properly, after 6 years or so of playing. It took me at least a month of practicing nearly everyday (as much as you can in college) to get used to my right hand position, because it feels so unnatural. Things like keeping the thumb out in front of the other fingers, making sure you try to pick with your big knuckle, that kind of thing. After that, it was just a matter of keeping things loose, picking up speed, and practicing like the dickens!

I'm sure you could start doing fingerpicking as long as you practiced it right. I'd start with something simple like, "Big Rock Candy Mountain" or "Happy Happy, Joy Joy" and work your way up from there. This version of "Love is in Bloom" isn't that far out of reach. All you need do, is take that first measure and play it slowly enough to still be loose, and practice it again, and again until you feel comfortable with it, then do the next measure the same way, and once you're comfortable with both, try them together. It's easy as long as you don't mind all of the hard work that goes into it. :lol:

The sheet music/tabs are in the YouTube Description, if you want to try. Good luck!

You know, I just realized this one may not make it to EQD (probably due to the NSFW, scary, hairy legs), so make sure to tell your guitarist friends about the tabs/sheet music. I want to make sure other guitarists have a chance to have fun playing the arrangement.

Fingerpicking was weird. I started to learn it, properly, after 6 years or so of playing. It took me at least a month of practicing nearly everyday (as much as you can in college) to get used to my right hand position, because it feels so unnatural. Things like keeping the thumb out in front of the other fingers, making sure you try to pick with your big knuckle, that kind of thing. After that, it was just a matter of keeping things loose, picking up speed, and practicing like the dickens!

I'm sure you could start doing fingerpicking as long as you practiced it right. I'd start with something simple like, "Big Rock Candy Mountain" or "Happy Happy, Joy Joy" and work your way up from there. This version of "Love is in Bloom" isn't that far out of reach. All you need do, is take that first measure and play it slowly enough to still be loose, and practice it again, and again until you feel comfortable with it, then do the next measure the same way, and once you're comfortable with both, try them together. It's easy as long as you don't mind all of the hard work that goes into it. :lol:

Thanks for the information. I can do little easy songs like those you mentioned. "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed was the first Fingerpicking song I actually learned. My brother taught me, and he said the song was too hard for me to do, and it took him a good while to learn it. But, I learned it within a few days (I played non-stop). So, I guess I could use my "learning skills" to my advantage. Picking two strings at a time while switching finger position, is what makes me screw up. Thanks, though.

Thanks for the information. I can do little easy songs like those you mentioned. "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed was the first Fingerpicking song I actually learned. My brother taught me, and he said the song was too hard for me to do, and it took him a good while to learn it. But, I learned it within a few days (I played non-stop). So, I guess I could use my "learning skills" to my advantage. Picking two strings at a time while switching finger position, is what makes me screw up. Thanks, though.

Just focus on those little spots that kill, you'll be rocking it in no time!

I'll send this to Pinkz :3

Awesome dude!

You're the man, Jokuc, and you've always been.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yep, that's right.

Wow... That is amazing. Seems like you put a lot of work into it. I don't really see how people can sort of "match up" notes the way they do. Congratulations on an awesome video, and arrangement.

Edited by Raspberry32
  • Brohoof 1