Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Love is in Bloom - Solo Acoustic Guitar Cover

Warbalist

Wow... That is amazing. Seems like you put a lot of work into it. I don't really see how people can sort of "match up" notes the way they do. Congratulations on an awesome video, and arrangement.

Here's the secret...are you ready? Lots of freaking work! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Here's the secret...are you ready? Lots of freaking work! :lol:

Guessing it wasn't as easy as I thought. Nonetheless, you have inspired me. I am actually starting to work a lot harder on picking up my guitar skills. And for that, I thank you.

(I might add that I've almost got this song down)

Guessing it wasn't as easy as I thought. Nonetheless, you have inspired me. I am actually starting to work a lot harder on picking up my guitar skills. And for that, I thank you.

(I might add that I've almost got this song down)

I knew you could freaking do it! Keep at it, I'll get another song or two up so you can do more practicing with ponies. :D

I knew you could freaking do it! Keep at it, I'll get another song or two up so you can do more practicing with ponies. :D

Thanks, and maybe, hopefully, I will be inspired enough to start writing my own work. I've tried before with a few friends, but... you know. I'd love to hear more of your work.

Of my classical guitar work? Well, I better get going on that, huh?

I did, a number of years ago, make an arrangement of Legend of Zelda's Lightworld theme for a wedding. Cool wedding, huh?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Thats so cool the only thing I can play that is anything close to a guitar is a ukulele and its nothing like a guitar apart from its look hahahaha

Edited by Flame Dancer

Of my classical guitar work? Well, I better get going on that, huh?

I did, a number of years ago, make an arrangement of Legend of Zelda's Lightworld theme for a wedding. Cool wedding, huh?

You may not know how obsessed I am with Zelda. Seriously. If I were to hear anything, it would be that arrangement. Zelda is my life.

Thats so cool the only thing I can play that is anything close to a guitar is a ukulele and its nothing like a guitar apart from its look hahahaha

Actually, it's very similar to a guitar's highest 4 strings if you put a capo up to fret 5 and tune the low string up an octave. So, some chords would be somewhat similar.

You may not know how obsessed I am with Zelda. Seriously. If I were to hear anything, it would be that arrangement. Zelda is my life.

Really? Then, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?qnmn7brligoa3v5

I put a tab on it, so you can try it out. Maybe I'll record it, when I'm feeling adventurous!

• Brohoof 1

Actually, it's very similar to a guitar's highest 4 strings if you put a capo up to fret 5 and tune the low string up an octave. So, some chords would be somewhat similar.

Really I didn't think they were anything alike.

Really? Then, here you go: http://www.mediafire...qnmn7brligoa3v5

I put a tab on it, so you can try it out. Maybe I'll record it, when I'm feeling adventurous!

Gah, you can rewrite anything. Thanks a ton for giving me that... "Link"... Heh... oh...

Seriously though, thanks. It sounds really cool when I play it. That means you did good.

Thanks! It was pretty tough to get right for the wedding, ha! Good luck and keep plugging away.

Yay *fluttershy-style*

that's really awesome. great job! :lol:

Thanks. Yeah, I think Fluttershy approves of the quiet, solo, acoustic guitar. ;)

Acoustic guitar is my favorite instrument well done man that was beautiful.

Awesome, thanks. You should try playing it! After I put up Becoming Popular on YouTube, I'll throw Perfect Stallion up, too. Play 'em all!

That seems to be a steel string acoustic, not the usual nylon strings that you'd find on a classical ;)

I did notice some things, however. When you hit the bass note with your thumb, the note often sounds very quiet, and drowned out by the higher notes. I think that you should try to make those notes stick out from the higher notes, rather than having them drowned out by them.

But your playing itself is pretty good. The only thing I see wrong is that your thumb is appearing from behind the neck. Now your right hand... I wish I had that nice of a pose :(

It was an overall good cover, though! :)

That seems to be a steel string acoustic, not the usual nylon strings that you'd find on a classical ;)

I did notice some things, however. When you hit the bass note with your thumb, the note often sounds very quiet, and drowned out by the higher notes. I think that you should try to make those notes stick out from the higher notes, rather than having them drowned out by them.

But your playing itself is pretty good. The only thing I see wrong is that your thumb is appearing from behind the neck. Now your right hand... I wish I had that nice of a pose :(

It was an overall good cover, though! :)

Yeah, I don't have an acoustic-electric nylon string, otherwise I would have used that. Lot easier to get your fingers in there. Low notes drowned out? I didn't notice. It's the opposite with the "Becoming Popular" one I did!

Left thumb peeking out? Tell my hands to stop being so big! :lol: But seriously, the neck on that guitar is tiny and I'm more used to my extended scales. B)

That right hand positioning takes forever to get right, huh? :lol: Keep that thumb in front, out of the way of those fingers!

• Brohoof 1