Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The real trailer is here

eventyraren

40 minutes ago, lyrabetes3939 said:

I unfortunately don't have Netflix, but I'm looking forward to watching the movie when it eventually appears on the Internet.

Same thing fore me, Also I am swedish and I do not know if it is going to bee on Swedish Netflix. 

• Brohoof 1

I gotta say, it's a cute trailer.

The animation is gorgeous. I love the shading, the coloring, the lighting in this movie. Massive props to Boulder Media.:eager: As someone who wasn't a CGI fan besides Pixar, this is very impressive.

I really dig the Main 5. I know Izzy Moonbow is going to be everyone's favorite, but Sunny Starscout really grew on me. Plus, Hitch Trailblazer is pretty funny. While Pipp Petals and Zipp Storm are pretty interesting.

I really like the fact that this feels like were going back to the early days of G4, but more fresh and new. It had that cute, light-hearted feel and it's very enjoyable.

However, there are some things in the trailer that I wasn't too crazy about. The song in the trailer just feel like one of those generic pop songs that you'll always see in modern kids movies. I hope the songs in the movie will be better(though, nothing could match Daniel Ingram). There are some moments in the trailer, even just for a split-second, just let me going "yeah, I knew what's going to happen". Don't get me started on the modern references.

While necessary a downside, but more neutral. We didn't get to see who the villian is going to be, but I have a really strong feeling that Pipp and Zipp's mom is going to be the villian due to her suspicious look on her face.

Other than that, it's a cute trailer. Nothing too crazy. Nothing to cringy. It's just cute.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I'm going to keep my expectations in check, and enjoyed it for what it is.

• Brohoof 6

One thing that caught my eye all unicorns horns look like party hats.

After hearing the plot all unicorns lost their magic. It got me thinking perhaps that is why their horns all look white. perhaps the horn will get its natural color once the unicorns get their magic back.

curious will there be a Villian that stolen the unicorn magic.

Well I'm interested..

• Brohoof 2

A pretty good trailer, but it is heavily edited - which is normal, but it makes analyzing things difficult, lol. For example, there's a brief scene of the Mane 5 running from the DDR (Just Prance) contest BEFORE the scene with Sunny and Alphabittle. But in that scene they are running in a panic yet the audio has them whooping it up with joy. I suspect they did win the contest but their unicorn disguises fell off and they had to make a run for it?

It's a bit of a mystery as to why Sunny thinks the pegasi can restore the magic to the unicorns. Even Izzy is scared of the pegasi.

Hitch looks rather joyless to be on this adventure. It seems convincing the sheriff that unicorns and pegasi are OK is going to be more difficult than it was to convince Pipp and Zipp. He definitely seems to only be along at first to keep Sunny safe and only gets to Zephyr Heights after tracking her and Izzy down.

I'm still not sure who the villain is, or if there is even a villain. It seems like the de-facto leaders of the three races - Phyllis, Haven, and Alphabittle - are all roadblocks to Sunny completing her mission. Whether or not one or more of them are really evil is still unknown.

The book I've been referring to as a Friendship Journal may actually just be a scrapbook Sunny keeps of various historical bits of information. She even has the current map of Equestria pasted in there, along with a circular ancient map she's marked with question marks that doesn't seem to fit with either current or ancient Equestria.

And I'm still wondering where all the PG-rated material is. Clearly Hasbro made a choice to make this trailer as kid-friendly as possible. Hopefully the PG material in the full movie is interesting and not just a bunch of fart jokes. <_<

• Brohoof 8

This is highly interesting... :ooh:

I have to praise the level of detail with the characters and the backgrounds, as well as the animation here, it's smooth and very well made, definitely fantastic. I was impressed with the first look at Zephyr Heights.

The way the earth ponies reacted when Izzy arrived makes me wonder, do other races have that much of a bad reputation? Who knows how much fear and bad ideas have been instilled in ponies over the course of time... Are pegasi the superior race here? :blink: That intrigues me.

It may sound weird, but I personally don't really like the idea of the modern world and the heavy use of advanced technology (smartphones, internet, social media) in the MLP universe. But I also think it somehow solidifies the concept of a dystopia. :dash:

To be honest, the music is one of the things that worries me about the movie since I didn't like the song presented on the trailer. I think it sounded too... generic? I hope I get to be proven wrong once it premieres.

I still have some concerns about the movie, but I am remaining positive. :grin:

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Pearly Marshmallow said:

Are pegasi the superior race here? :blink: That intrigues me.

Both Earth and Unicorn ponies seem to have a fear of the Pegasi. And from that one CanterLogic poster with the scary shadow pegasus and the movie "Horns" Phyllis seems to be pushing fear of the other two races, perhaps for reasons of maintaining power. If Zephyr Heights really was formerly Canterlot and it was taken by force, I could see how the pegasi could earn a reputation as being ruthless.

6 minutes ago, Pearly Marshmallow said:

To be honest, the music is one of the things that worries me about the movie since I didn't like the song presented on the trailer. I think it sounded too... generic? I hope I get to be proven wrong once it premieres.

Most trailers use scratch tracks, and this particular track has been used throughout the recent promotional videos. So I'm hopeful there will be a proper soundtrack for the actual film. How good it is remains to be heard. :)

• Brohoof 5

35 minutes ago, Pearly Marshmallow said:

This is highly interesting... :ooh:

I have to praise the level of detail with the characters and the backgrounds, as well as the animation here, it's smooth and very well made, definitely fantastic. I was impressed with the first look at Zephyr Heights.

The way the earth ponies reacted when Izzy arrived makes me wonder, do other races have that much of a bad reputation? Who knows how much fear and bad ideas have been instilled in ponies over the course of time... Are pegasi the superior race here? :blink: That intrigues me.

Possibly the in-universe movie “Horns” didn’t help the reputation of the unicorns…. JUST LIKE IT’S REAL LIFE COUNTERPART WITH BIG CARNIVOROUS FISHIES :mlp_yeehaa:

image.jpeg.3198328c929df05ed17d8548d294c188.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.2cce70cb95ac57df3ec063971800f3c8.jpeg

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

Count me in with the people who are pleased to see FiM's style of humor captured well. I laughed at the joke where Hitch saved the kid and it wasn't the mother's son and I am so glad we finally have a confirmed explanation as to why Izzy had a tennis ball on her horn. :mlp_icwudt: I cringed a bit at the screaming, but other than that, I do not see this being what I and others worried it would be for now. :fluttershy:

13 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Possibly the in-universe movie “Horns” didn’t help the reputation of the unicorns…. JUST LIKE IT’S REAL LIFE COUNTERPART WITH BIG CARNIVOROUS FISHIES :mlp_yeehaa:

image.jpeg.3198328c929df05ed17d8548d294c188.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.2cce70cb95ac57df3ec063971800f3c8.jpeg

It's kind of hard to make out the title of that Harry Potter parody poster next to it

I feel super excited about this trailer! I feel that the animation and the voices were well achieved, the humor may be regular but it is an act for children (the target audience of the program) which I do not dislike, I suppose it will have a humor similar to Disney movies.

On the other hand, I am very intrigued by the fact that unicorns do not have magic, I just hope it is not something too far-fetched, we have already seen enmity between Ponies in the G4 in the appearance of the Widingos, but the fact that there was enmity between ponies did not eliminate the magic of unicorns, they could actually still use it! In summary, I would like to know how they resolve this conflict, I hope that with some mystical trip or some element like the tree of harmony xD

regarding the setting .. friend, this is beautiful !! Obviously we are in a more modern era than the Equestrian years, but everything looks wonderful, the buildings, the accessories, the technology! a very fresh air the truth. This new generation looks very good! :squee:

• Brohoof 1

It just occurred to me perhaps the reason why Sunny thinks the pegasi are able to restore magic is because word got out across the land that Haven and her daughters can fly. Thus she believes the royalty in Zephyr Heights must have knowledge of restoring magic. (EDIT: Ok but then there's an issue with Sunny knowing most pegasi can't fly but doesn't know unicorns lost their magic? I guess it's possible but it seems convoluted, lol.)

Also, there's no hint of the famous jewel heist this movie is supposed to feature. My guess is all five of them at the end of the movie have to break into CanterLogic to get whatever jewels are needed to restore magic to the land. But that would make Phyllis the main villain and that still doesn't sit right with me.

Izzy's comment about magic just one day going "poof" is strange. From the original premise, it seemed like magic went away because the ponies stopped working together and it happened a long time ago. But her statement implies it happened without warning and only recently. The problem with that is the ponies must have separated long before that if Sunny didn't know about magic disappearing (I'll skip over the problem of the movie not taking Earth pony magic into account for the moment). So if somepony was recently responsible for taking away magic shouldn't the Windigoes have appeared long before that as soon as the racial infighting started? Or perhaps Izzy was just speaking in historical terms and all of this did happen long ago?

The trailer has created more questions than answers, lol.

Edited by Truffles
Add'l thoughts
  • Brohoof 3

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh!!! :D 

Feels sooooo good feeling hyped over MLP again!!

Some highlights in the trailer.

1. Izzy being adorable and endearing. She’s been my favoritecharacter since she waved at the camera, and it looks like it’ll stay that way.
  2. This:

Izzy:“We’ll need glitter… Lots of glitter.”

3. And this:

Hitch: Your son is safe now, ma’am. *runs away from Izzy*
    *beat*
    Mare: This isn’t my kid!
    Hitch: You’re welcome!

4. The animation is absolutely fantastic.
  5. Bunnies are extra floofy.

On the whole, the trailer isn’t all that special, but it does exactly what it’s supposed to do: introduce the audience to the Mane 5. Each scene showcases the essences of who they are, and they’re all very distinct from one another. Sunny has that adventurous curiosity who wants all three ponies to live in harmony again. Izzy has that hyper curiosity. Zipp has a degree of pride. There’s a degree of trust associated with Hitch. Pipp and her love for makeovers give me a Rarity-esque vibe.

This trailer leaves the audience wanting more, and I can’t wait for next month’s release! :D 

• Brohoof 6

Sunny Starscout reminds me of Anna from Frozen. She even kinda looks like Anna in pony form to me. 

@Dark Qiviut 

Izzy being adorable and endearing. She’s been my favoritecharacter since she waved at the camera, and it looks like it’ll stay that way.

ME, TOO! 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

The animation still looks amazing, most of the voices sound pretty good I am just not completely sold on Izzy's but I think its a matter of getting used to. The trailer had some really good and funny moments. Overall, standard trailer, it revealed the overall plot, showed a bit more of the characters... I am starting to really like hitch, still very little shown on Pipp and Zipp. The ending with Haven was... intriguing.

Anyway, the hype is on, the release date can't come soon enough. 

• Brohoof 1

It’s good to be back to cute ponies again. The trailer contains all the things i like about G4 like humors, character interactions, and world-building. I’m glad that they dont have build the world from zero, G4 is just a gold mine to explore. I dont like modern technology so much but it’s look like i cant stop progression anyway, G4 Manhattans already has advanced technology compare to ponyville already. I like all the characters so far, especially Izzy and Hitch, they are lovely. A male character which isnt a butt monkey so far is a plus to me. A world which magic is like UFO now, jeez, it wasnt the first time Equestria lost their magic but to this extend? Unicorns used to be the major power in FIM and now the other race will fill their place, it... isnt Earth Pony, is it? :mlp_wat: Well then...

I used to be skeptical about 3D animations but i like the trailer a lot, even more than G4 movie. Too bad, the tv series wont have this level of animations. 

The rest is the story, the most important part, let hope it to be enjoyable at least. I heard about activist stuffs which i’m very against in this era of media so i hope they dont overdo it in this movie.:awwthanks:

Ok, one question, where the hell is Twilight? Is she even alive?:o The other mane 6 must be gone at this point, if i saw Twilight still alive, i would be a bit emotional.:blush: 

• Brohoof 3

Well, consider me excited. The trailer did a decent job of showing off bits of the new mane cast's personalities, and it somehow made me love Sunny even more than I already did!

My favorite part was the whole DDR scene, especially Sunny's "savage" rebuttal to being called a "little pony."

"I think you'll find that I'm average height." :kirin:

• Brohoof 3

I quite liked that!

I liked all the little signs and pony puns, and I'm really enjoying more of what the characters are going to be like.

I'm actually surprised Hitch was scared first of the "unicorn attack" at first, I thought he wouldn't be a fan of the pony rift.

What I want to know though is, what caused the state of this world?

• Brohoof 2

I love the trailer! The animation is great! The pony personalities and movements look like G4. I like how the ponies dance in the trailer. The scene where the ponies run scared from a unicorn cracked me up! Izzy is like Pinkie and extremely sweet. I love how the voices sound like characters i.e Venessa Hudgens doesn't sound like Gabriella from HSM here, but like actually Sunny with a  unique voice sound. The pegasus sisters are cute. It's obvious that characters wear fake wings and fake horns to hide themselves among the other races so my theory is still that Sunny will NOT become a real alicorn but rather just dress up as an Alicorn at some point. It would appear Sunny reads about the Mane 6 and assumes Izzy has magic like in her story but we don't know when unicorns lost the magic, they could have lost the magic centuries ago when friendships starting disappearing as the trailer is not specific on that. I'm interested to see why Sunny thinks Pegusus ponies have the answer to Izzy's magic issues. 

• Brohoof 1

Expanding my comment on the animation a bit. It is gorgeous. The lighting and colors are fantastic. The way Sunny’s father tells her the story of how the unicorns, Pegasi, and earth ponies is animated really well. G5’s pony redesigns work wonders in CGI; every single character shows plenty of expression, and the way they each move is extremely fluid.

• Brohoof 4

What a big difference seeing everything in motion makes. Nothing too cringe stand out to me. I was worried when they called out Sunny being an activist, but the trailer didn't show the kind I was fearing atleast.

The world looks nice and a lot of detail put in for some fun background hunting. 

The characters and humor presented feel on target for what I was hoping for.  

I love the trailer and am quite excited for the full release! 

LOTS OF GLITTER!

• Brohoof 1