Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The real trailer is here

eventyraren

Hey I think I know Who the villain is. Three tims we see in the trailer a big bilding towering over Maretime bay. I think That is a big teck company That dragning the magic from the land and Also spredfimg missinformation to everyone. They have taken the Pegasus magic and sold them tecnology, and now they are planing on doing the same to the unicorns.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, eventyraren said:

Hey I think I know Who the villain is. Three tims we see in the trailer a big bilding towering over Maretime bay. I think That is a big teck company That dragning the magic from the land and Also spredfimg missinformation to everyone. They have taken the Pegasus magic and sold them tecnology, and now they are planing on doing the same to the unicorns.

There is a possibility of historical collusion between the leaders of two of the pony races. Perhaps Earth ponies became far-advanced in technology because they couldn't do magic and a deal was struck with the pegasi to create advanced weapons capable of forcing all the unicorns out of Canterlot, leading to the creation of a new pegasi city, Zephyr Heights.

Then the pegasi betrayed the Earth ponies but because the Earth ponies still had the greater technological advantage they were able to stand their ground. Eventually all three races segregated themselves to separated parts of Equestria, with the unicorns getting the short end of the stick and having to hide in the forest from the other two races.

I still don't know at what time the disappearance of magic would fit into this theory. Perhaps before the invasion of Canterlot and the unicorns were helpless to fight back?

One thing is for certain: Argyle's comments at the beginning of the trailer pretty much put the final nail into the coffin of the idea that G4 was nothing more than a TV show modern ponies watched. Twilight might be a myth to these ponies, but she and the rest of the Mane 6 aren't part of their current culture except for Sunny and her dad.

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Midnight Danny said:

Okay, unicorns has lost their magic, but what it doesn't understands me is why earth ponies are afraid of unicorns? :mlp_wat: They aren't evil. :wacko:

The movie “Horns”. I’m sure of it :oh_golly:

1 hour ago, Truffles said:

There is a possibility of historical collusion between the leaders of two of the pony races. Perhaps Earth ponies became far-advanced in technology because they couldn't do magic and a deal was struck with the pegasi to create advanced weapons capable of forcing all the unicorns out of Canterlot, leading to the creation of a new pegasi city, Zephyr Heights.

Then the pegasi betrayed the Earth ponies but because the Earth ponies still had the greater technological advantage they were able to stand their ground. Eventually all three races segregated themselves to separated parts of Equestria, with the unicorns getting the short end of the stick and having to hide in the forest from the other two races.

I still don't know at what time the disappearance of magic would fit into this theory. Perhaps before the invasion of Canterlot and the unicorns were helpless to fight back?

I'm not sure if that's the case, but it's a good theory to speculate. (It would also fit the "Thematic Elements" reason for the film's PG rating.)

1 hour ago, Toastypk said:

2676310.gif

I feel the same way about makeup.

LOL!

Edited by Dark Qiviut

4 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Possibly the in-universe movie “Horns” didn’t help the reputation of the unicorns…. JUST LIKE IT’S REAL LIFE COUNTERPART WITH BIG CARNIVOROUS FISHIES :mlp_yeehaa:

image.jpeg.3198328c929df05ed17d8548d294c188.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.2cce70cb95ac57df3ec063971800f3c8.jpeg

Does my eyes deceive me or is that a Harry Trotter Poster next to Horns. I love the Harry Potter books and movies

harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-secrets-movie-poster-2002-1020246538.jpg.48b1ca035f0795703945fe74da606d73.jpg

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

Does my eyes deceive me or is that a Harry Trotter Poster next to Horns. I love the Harry Potter books and movies

harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-secrets-movie-poster-2002-1020246538.jpg.48b1ca035f0795703945fe74da606d73.jpg

Dunno what pony pun they’ve adapted the tittle. It’s commonly speculated it’s called “Harry Trotter” :huh:

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Dunno what pony pun they’ve adapted the tittle. It’s commonly speculated it’s called “Harry Trotter” :huh:

Hey I asked the question first.

In any case I wonder what other Pony puns they have in here

(edited)

You know, the only character we did not see in the trailer was Elizabeth Perkins character. And she looks like an office Lady. Maby she is the villain. 

Edited by eventyraren

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I'm not sure if that's the case, but it's a good theory to speculate. (It would also fit the "Thematic Elements" reason for the film's PG rating.)

Yeah, this is all just pure speculation on my part since the details of how their world came to be have been pretty hard to come by thus far. (After reading someone's slightly spoilery summary of the just-leaked storybook it seems even that book doesn't give any details, either.) But I do think the pegasi could do a bloodless takeover of Canterlot if magic had already ceased and they had a technological advantage - even if their wings had also become useless for flight.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Actually if you look at the title it's called Just Prance so it's more like just Dance

Yup. That pun means G.M. Berrow had a hoof in this. :laugh:

• Brohoof 2

Surprised at how much Hitch stood out to me, the funniest moments in the trailer usually involved him. Wish it gave us more Zipp and Pipp though

• Brohoof 6

Finally saw the trailer and I have to say, I'm really looking forward to it! The plot is already gotten interesting at the start of Unicorns losing their magic. Like guys, the previous gen involved with magic, hence friendship is magic, this is gonna be huge!! 

excited-freakin-excited.gif I can't type out all what I'm seeing and what's in my thought, all I know is, its gonna be good!

1.  I believe I saw Mane 6 Hot Topic exclusive figures on Sunny Starscout's dresser. :P

2. "Everypony" is still a thing.

3. I didn't see a Spike and I think they're usually an MLP staple. 

A few random things I'll add:

I must admit that I found the choppy/mismatched/desynced audio of the trailer to be distracting. When I first watched it, I stopped after the first 5 seconds, thinking that the particular upload I was watching had messed-up audio, but no, every copy of the trailer is like that.

I also noticed at least a few animation oddities. At 0:25 in the trailer, Sunny and Izzy freeze in place looking at each other while everyone else panics and runs. Is that intentional, or is that an animation error? And at 0:57-0:59 in the trailer, Izzy is talking, but her profile on the left side of the screen doesn't move at all. I would suspect, though, that that's some still shot of Izzy which was pasted into that scene. 1:10 in the trailer also stuck out to me when the "Z Heights" billboard appears to be in sharp focus while the rest of the scenery has motion blur applied, as though that text was added in later or something.

So far, it seems like Zipp may be the one of the Mane 5 I'll like most, being the closest to a Rainbow Dash-like character (plus her supposed "science" hobby may mix a bit of Twilight in as well, though I don't think we've seen that part of her yet). I feel like Zipp's two lines in the trailer were delivered differently, though, so I'm not quite sure what her voice will be like. And if Hitch ends up being a kind of male counterbalance to the other female Mane 5 characters, then I may relate to that, too.

I haven't kept up with everything that's been revealed about the movie (and the world) so far, so I'm not sure that I can do in-depth theorizing or speculation yet. But I'm sure that'll come after we see the final movie!

15 hours ago, Splashee said:

I don't feel the connection to the older audience, not from the trailer alone.

I'm thinking the only "connection to the older audience" might be the "brony" father.

Unless you mean the other older.