Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The real trailer is here

eventyraren

15 hours ago, eventyraren said:

Hey I think I know Who the villain is. Three tims we see in the trailer a big bilding towering over Maretime bay. I think That is a big teck company That dragning the magic from the land and Also spredfimg missinformation to everyone. They have taken the Pegasus magic and sold them tecnology, and now they are planing on doing the same to the unicorns.

I agree, her symbol appeared in some screen shots and a few times in the trailer, including on a poster that had an evil looking pegasus. It looks like she will be the mayor (or something like this) of the EP town, and she is spreading fear and mistrust towards the other races. Unlike Pegasi and Unicorns who appear to lose their magic\flight she and the earth ponies did not lose anything, if their technology is the most progressive it will benefit her the most. If there will be a main antagonist, it will probably be her, as the unicorns suffered the most and Haven is the mother of 2 of the protagonists. Of course its possible that the villain will be someone else completely or there will be no real villain\antagonist or there will be hints but the antagonist will not be really in play until the series.  

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Music Chart Fan said:

So far, it seems like Zipp may be the one of the Mane 5 I'll like most, being the closest to a Rainbow Dash-like character (plus her supposed "science" hobby may mix a bit of Twilight in as well, though I don't think we've seen that part of her yet).

I've looked at the images from the storybook and without giving away anything, I've come to really like Zipp - she's a class act and a great character. I'm looking forward to seeing her in full in the movie.

Actually, of the Mane 5 I'm a fan of Sunny, Izzy, Hitch, and Zipp at this point. The only one I don't have an opinion of yet is Pipp. She seems nice enough but there just hasn't been anything particularly deep I've learned about her character - other than her being into social media and being a pop star.

• Brohoof 2

In the trailer, you can see at one point (the scene with the flying dog) that sunny actually has a jewel in her saddlebag, a jewel that belongs to haven. Later on we see queen haven without that jewel\crown looking pretty mad. The jewel also appears in that shop with alphabeatle. 

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 2

This is definitely an interesting trailer. I like that it gave enough to get me more interested in the movie, but it didn't give away too much and practically spoil the whole thing (like a lot of trailers do these days). The animation looks pretty good, especially the detailed backgrounds. I'm still not a huge fan of the actual character models though. The ponies look a bit strange, and the pegasus wing design looks very off (definitely not as visually appealing as they did in G4). The background music was meh, but I wouldn't expect the trailer music to be anything mind-blowing. There are some other little editing issues, but overall it was a pretty good trailer.

Now onto my observations/speculation. The fact that the Earth Ponies were so scared of Izzy is both funny, and interesting. As the "Horns" movie poster and the poster of a menacing silhouette of a pegasus show, it seems that the Earth ponies are very fearful of the other ponies. I have a feeling that Canter Logic may play a part in all this due to all the posters and banners around town along with the large building that has the glasses on it (it seems to be implied that Phyllis has something to do with Canter Logic. I wonder if she is going to be an antagonist in the movie). On a lighter note though, Hitch "saving" that kid was pretty funny.

What was interesting, is that Sunny apparently had no idea that unicorns had lost their magic, despite magic supposedly being gone. The quick cut to the forest seems to indicate that this loss of magic has heavily impacted the unicorns. Also, Sunny says that they need to go to Zephyr Heights to solve the unicorns magic problem. I was wondering why this would be the case, but in a later scene in the trailer, it shows what looks like Queen Haven's crown in Sunny's saddlebag. That could be the " daring jewel Heist" that was previously mentioned in the synopsis.

Zephyr Heights itself looks interesting. It looks similar to Canterlot, but with Cloudsdale's Classical architecture. The pop-culture references are funny, but they also are a bit distracting. One of the reasons I loved Equestria in G4 so much is due to it being both unique and different from our world. These modern references might take a lot away from the timeless fantastical feel of Equestria. The trailer also gave me some more concerns about Pipp. Ever since seeing the bedsheet leak, I've liked her character design, but I can't say the same for her actual personality. So far, it just seems like she will be a very generic social media star. I'm hoping that when the movie releases her character will actually be given some depth, because as of now she seems a bit generic and one-dimensional.

The trailer also shows the mane characters all disguised as unicorns in the Bridlewood Forest, which I figured would happen due to the song "Fit Right In". My guess is that Sunny has to beat Alphabittle in the "Just Prance" challenge to retrieve the crystals on the pedestals (one of witch looks to be Queen Haven's crown). Judging from the brief clip of the ponies running out of the building without their disguises on, I'm guessing they fell off during or after the challenge, causing the ponies to make a run for it.

Last but not least are a couple of things I noticed. First, the map in Sunny's book looks vastly different from the one in the background of the stock image. Secondly, there is a very short clip of the pegasi flying with glowing wings (if they regain magic, this scene may take place during that ). Lastly, in the news coverage clip of Queen haven, she isn't wearing her crown (possibly due to it being stolen by Sunny and Izzy).

Edited by Landi
  • Brohoof 4

I have to say that the trailer did get me excited for the movie more then I was. So I guess I can say mission accomplished in that regard:mlp_laugh:

Overall I was feeling pretty apprehensive about the movie and how the animation would look. I'm not the biggest fan of 3d animation. I was however very impressed with I saw. The animation looked so smooth and those backgrounds :wub:

I also liked that the humor we saw in the trailer look good that whole it's not my kid joke made me smile.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-13 at 3:42 PM, Truffles said:

I've looked at the images from the storybook and without giving away anything, I've come to really like Zipp - she's a class act and a great character. I'm looking forward to seeing her in full in the movie.

Actually, of the Mane 5 I'm a fan of Sunny, Izzy, Hitch, and Zipp at this point. The only one I don't have an opinion of yet is Pipp. She seems nice enough but there just hasn't been anything particularly deep I've learned about her character - other than her being into social media and being a pop star.

Yeah I don't know what to think either of Pipp yet. There is the whole social media, singer thing tho yea.

Pipp says something the trailer some sort of phrase or something?

But even though I have watched the trailer many times over I still do not understand what she is saying? Anyone xD

5 hours ago, Stardust said:

still do not understand what she is saying? Anyone xD

Yay, makeovers! I Love makeovers.

(in a sing-songy voice) Gorgeous.

The first line is probably edited to remove a pause and gorgeous is from another scene.

Edited by TransPirate
  • Brohoof 2

On 2021-08-14 at 9:14 PM, Landi said:

Last but not least are a couple of things I noticed. First, the map in Sunny's book looks vastly different from the one in the background of the stock image. Secondly, there is a very short clip of the pegasi flying with glowing wings (if they regain magic, this scene may take place during that ). Lastly, in the news coverage clip of Queen haven, she isn't wearing her crown (possibly due to it being stolen by Sunny and Izzy).

Lately, consensus has been Sunny's map is rotated so north is on the right side and not the top. That would align Maretime Bay, Zephyr Heights, and Bridlewood nicely with Baltimare, Canterlot, and the Everfree Forest, respectively. It would be interesting if the unicorns had to flee into the Everfree to escape the other pony races as a last resort - it being the only place their enemies were too frightened to enter.

The apple and windmill might indicate the location of Appleloosa.

I think you're right about Queen Haven being without her crown, and that's why she's reluctant to have any photos taken of her - she doesn't have her symbol of royalty with her anymore.

1 hour ago, TransPirate said:

PIpp (in a sing-songy voice): Gorgeous.

I thought that scene of her with Zipp and Izzy might be during the planning of the heist and the mobile she was admiring was Scientist Zipp creating a new flying apparatus to help acquire their mom's crown. But looking closer I realized they're in Bridlewood (and likely Izzy's treehouse) so the taking of that jewel must have happened already since it's seen during the Just Prance contest as Sunny's wager to put up against Alphabittle's unicorn jewel.

It also occurs to me if the unicorns are now in the same sad state as the griffons were during G4, then Izzy is the G5 version of Gabby. :)

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Truffles said:

It also occurs to me if the unicorns are now in the same sad state as the griffons were during G4, then Izzy is the G5 version of Gabby. :)

Except not as grouchy, just apathetic but even then, Alphabittle seems just fine so it's probably exaggerated for the sake of a cutaway gag.

4 minutes ago, TransPirate said:

Except not as grouchy, just apathetic but even then, Alphabittle seems just fine so it's probably exaggerated for the sake of a cutaway gag.

Thankfully(?) the state of the unicorns is one of the things the story book completely skipped - including the whole need for disguises for the non-unicorn ReMane 4 . So except for that scene in the trailer (and a bunch of unicorns standing around looking unexcited during the contest) there's no hint of how much we should read into what Izzy says is the state of unicorn society.

I'm taking her at her word, however, and that the unicorns really are down on themselves like the griffons were.

This poster was shown in the trailer.

2676232.jpg

This must be some sort of propaganda being spread, which is sustaining the paranoia ponies feel.

As if to say, The Pegasi are to be feared!

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Toastypk said:

2676232.jpg

This must be some sort of propaganda being spread, which is sustaining the paranoia ponies feel.

It also has that cantelogic symbol (looks like it run by Phyllis), it might be an important detail in the movie or in the series. Kinda similar to the situation with the "horns" poster.

Also, unicorns are weary of pegasi too apparently, as Izzy says that they are bad news (it could be misleading as well, since its a trailer). Maybe there is some merit to the pegasi kicking the unicorns out of canterlot after all :P 

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

It also has that cantelogic symbol (looks like it run by Phyllis), it might be an important detail in the movie or in the series. Kinda similar to the situation with the "horns" poster.

Also, unicorns are weary of pegasi too apparently, as Izzy says that they are bad news (it could be misleading as well, since its a trailer). Maybe there is some merit to the pegasi kicking the unicorns out of canterlot after all :P 

Yeah, there is something fishy going on with that Phyllis character. Considering all the posters and banners about Canter Logic along with the fact that she didn't appear in the trailer makes me think that there is something up with her.

Also, I hope they don't villainize pegasi or make them seem bad in G5. While them kicking the unicorns out of Canterlot is definitely a possibility, it would make them seem fairly mean, which would be a shame for pegasus fans. From the little bits that we have seen of them, pegasi in G5 seem to be very different from the nice, hard working, and overall cool pegasi of G4. Obviously it's still too early to fully tell what pegasi will be like in G5, but I hope they can still manage to be cool and interesting ponies like they were in G4 (same goes for unicorns and Earth ponies too).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Toastypk said:

2676232.jpg

In the trailer when It say "a Netflix movie" they are zooming out so we can see the town. Look what is on the fasade of the big 3 building, then look at the corner of this poster and thal look at the poster of the voice actors. Who do you think the villain is? 

Edited by eventyraren

After seeing the trailer, I can say that it left a more positive impression on me than I've had so far.  The animation doesn't look as trash as I was expecting, and the writing sounds alright.  I'll definitely make a point of giving it a chance, and maybe see it with a friend of mine.  I don't know if it will live up to the lofty goal of living up to the fantastic legacy of FiM, but even if it doesn't, it's poised to at least be the second best MLP series...not that there's much competition there.  Eh...I'll reserve my thoughts until I've seen the thing.  There's just over a month to go, in any case.  

• Brohoof 1

Took me a bit to gather this is probably in the future after some disastrous event between now and gen 4. I really hope they reference back to the old gen, they have to. Hopefully some story about how one of the mane 6 screwed up and caused the separation of the races. The show looks really really good, animations smooth as butter. Looks more like a movie to me but it's a series, kinda makes you think how ridiculously high the budget for this must have been. I wonder what lengths artists will go to now, if this new style will motivate some to adopt this higher detailed art style. Still get to look forward to all the 2D fan art. Hope they still keep all the hidden cameos and "adult jokes" they would reference in gen 4, Hasbro has to know we're the majority of people watching this show.

But yea, definitely excited to get back into this, came into gen 4 when I was 14, now I'm 22, haven't been heavily into mlp since the last couple seasons, watching the trailer and getting excited for gen 5 kinda brought back a small spark of joy I used to have which is nice. Interested to see where this ride goes.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Rawzy said:

Took me a bit to gather this is probably in the future after some disastrous event between now and gen 4. I really hope they reference back to the old gen, they have to. Hopefully some story about how one of the mane 6 screwed up and caused the separation of the races. The show looks really really good, animations smooth as butter. Looks more like a movie to me but it's a series, kinda makes you think how ridiculously high the budget for this must have been. I wonder what lengths artists will go to now, if this new style will motivate some to adopt this higher detailed art style. Still get to look forward to all the 2D fan art. Hope they still keep all the hidden cameos and "adult jokes" they would reference in gen 4, Hasbro has to know we're the majority of people watching this show.

But yea, definitely excited to get back into this, came into gen 4 when I was 14, now I'm 22, haven't been heavily into mlp since the last couple seasons, watching the trailer and getting excited for gen 5 kinda brought back a small spark of joy I used to have which is nice. Interested to see where this ride goes.

Ay wassup dude? I haven't seen you in forever.

Yeah the trailer excites me a lot too. Honestly I don't think the animation could be any better. My only concern is whether they stick to the same principles that G4 did - is it going to have moral lessons like G4, or is it just going to kind go off in its own weird direction and become like any other animated show?

One thing I’ve noticed, are the settlements. There’s only one per species shown. And the map seems to only highlight a small part of Equestria. I wonder if we’ll discover more of them. If so, I hope they are inhabited my other species of pastel horses, like bat poneh :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1