Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 is a time loop. G5 is G3

ManaMinori

While most, if not all of g4 fans would take one look at the title at this topic and have a knee jerk reaction to deny this with such fervent disdain and disgust until Tartarus freezes over, I am a g4 (and all gens) fan who would like to look at the facts and present them to other fans who are more inclined to be open minded. So let’s take a look into these facts and dive into these claims, shall we? 

I say that g5 is g3, and many would immediately claim “MaMi, you’re insane in the membrane! How is that possible?!” Well, my friends- one only need to look at the content that MLP g3 delivers. At the start, much like G5’s premise, the three tribes of ponies- earth, unicorn, and pegasi, lived separately. Earth ponies lived in Ponyville, Pegasi lived with their own kind, on Butterfly Island. And unicorns lived in Unicornia. Now look at g5- the pony tribes are separate- Earth ponies in Maretime Bay, Pegasi in Zephyr Heights, Unicorns in Bridlewood. 

Furthermore, in g3, magic did not exist in the beginning. It wasn’t even shown until “Come Back, Lily Lightly”, through the character, Lily, who herself had no clue what it is, even when she uses it by accident. Similarly, g5 follows this same pattern. While the characters do seem to know what magic is and how it “poofed” into disappearing one day they live without it and have adapted their lives to the lack of its presence. 

Of course the similarities do not end there. As g3 progresses- just as was hinted at in the premise of g5- the tribes of ponies eventually learn the existence of other pony tribes and live in unison with them, and more magic is utilized. Just like we have Sunny Starscout aiming to reunite the pony tribes and restore magic with the new friends she makes. We’ve covered this ground before G4’s friendship is Magic even existed. 

And THAT, is why I say g5 is g3. Those who don’t learn history are doomed to repeat it. 

• Brohoof 1

Interesting argument. Still, I’ve only wanted Minty Christmas out of G3, so I can’t tell. Regardless, G3 was very episodic, and was a preschool work. G5 seems to follow narrative just like FIM did. So all of these will have a background, resolution, and end of the status quo that was introduced 

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, ManaMinori said:

At the start, much like G5’s premise, the three tribes of ponies- earth, unicorn, and pegasi, lived separately. Earth ponies lived in Ponyville, Pegasi lived with their own kind, on Butterfly Island. And unicorns lived in Unicornia. Now look at g5- the pony tribes are separate- Earth ponies in Maretime Bay, Pegasi in Zephyr Heights, Unicorns in Bridlewood. 

They were talking about having seperate ponies on different planes right early on in the leaks before there was a clear idea of g5 and all yea I thought it was harking back to the past too. 

I think I see it differently though g3 feels like a different universe and also a more innocent time where ponies didn't know a lot of things and a time of discovery.

Whereas with g5 it feels more like the renaissance kinda rediscovery as well as new ideas and that. With a long lost past and history books.

• Brohoof 1

The timeline of G5 is set to be a sequel to G4. G3 had its own characters of Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Spike. The sequel to G4, G5, is very obviously a continuation of the adventures of the G4 incarnations of those characters as the new cast tries to follow in their footsteps. No room for a time loop. :fiery:

• Brohoof 2

Certainly an inspiration, but no connection beyond that.

On 2021-08-12 at 12:42 PM, Goat-kun said:

The history of mortals is an endless spiral.

Hopefully we find ourselves on the entertaining part of it?

• Brohoof 1

And also, as noted before, G3 were isolated in their own settlements because they weren’t aware of each other, instead of racism like it’s happening in G5. Instead, introducing them whenever each special mandated 

Interesting idea. Heck of a call back to link generations like that.  Also brings up the theory that FiM exists in G5 as a meta-universe. A show within a show. Like with Digimon Season 3. The original and it's direct sequel were just TV shows, card games and tamogachis in the world of the S3 spinoff. 

• Brohoof 1