Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personal messages going to the last page instead of first page

Props Valroa

This is something that I want to ask, is it possible to change this? It's kinda annoying when you go into a dm and have to click to the page that is most recent, when it should automatically go to the most recent posts in the personal messenger. 

• Brohoof 3

I have noticed this as well. Only notifications (or the popups that is shown for a few seconds) take you to the actual new message. In the inbox however, clicking on the message which shows the preview of the newest entry, it takes you to the first post on page 1. It can be quite annoying at times.

• Brohoof 3

@Starforce

When you access your PMs, do you:

A. Click the envelope icon and click the title/subject of the PM

B. Click The envelope icon and click View Inbox

Using the A method will always take you to the most recent message. 

• Brohoof 1

I think this is a desktop view problem. On my phone, the envelope sends me to the recent message. But on desktop, it goes to the first message, no matter how old it is (when selecting from the inbox menu, when the preview is showing the recent message)

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-14 at 8:52 PM, Splashee said:

I think this is a desktop view problem. On my phone, the envelope sends me to the recent message. But on desktop, it goes to the first message, no matter how old it is (when selecting from the inbox menu, when the preview is showing the recent message)

For me it's the same on mobile and desktop. Accessing a conversation from the preview under envelope icon (upper right menu) takes me to the recent message. The links there have the ?latest=1 suffix, where in the inbox in the conversation list to the left they don't, displaying the first page and I believe this is what the OP has in mind perhaps? That it is less convenient to switch conversations while already being in the inbox? e-twithonk.png.64d8c3279246fdf3b1376912ae577813.png

Doesn't it work that way on desktop for you @Splashee?

• Brohoof 1

@Rikifive

From a PM with 1498 posts selected from the drop down envelop menu (on desktop):
https://mlpforums.com/messenger/x0x7x7/?latest=1

From a PM with 1261 posts selected from the left hand side inbox menu showing the latest in its preview (on desktop):
https://mlpforums.com/messenger/200x56/

The x's are so you cannot use your secret laser eyes to read those.... Also, I talk way too much with people :twi:

• Brohoof 2

@Splashee Mhm and it's exactly how it works currently and at least for me, it's the same on both, desktop and mobile.

From envelope goes to latest;

From the conversation list goes to first page, even though the preview shows the recent message

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • 4 weeks later...

Hm. Ideally the behavior should be the same regardless of the device being used to access the site. From the UX perspective going to the more recent message/post in a PM is preferred.

As far as a way to get that behavior to be universal, I’ll poke around a little and see what I can do. 

• Brohoof 1