Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blank Status Updates

Tom Gallagher
Go to solution Solved by tinker,

Ever since the forum went down the other day, major issues have arisen with regards to making a status update and using the writing interface.

Making a status update of any kind now comes out completely blank and if one goes in to edit it, they have to do the whole thing over again. One of my closest friends, @TheRockARooster, mentioned this problem too and didn’t seem to get it answered.
On certain devices at the moment, the only writing filters available are Bold, italics, Underline, emotes, link and a note one that I’ve forgotten the name of. 
Both of these bugs have been present for two straight days and nothing has been acknowledged by any member of forum staff, at least that I’ve seen. This is a very urgent problem and I personally don’t think it’s giving the forum a good name, especially for any new people joining. Forgive me for being so stern but to repeat, this is a very urgent problem that hasn’t yet been acknowledged. 

• Brohoof 6

Just going to cry for @Jeric on this one ;)

Both me and @Rikifive have noticed the problems as well. So that is at least something.

On mobile view, the quote button is gone too. But on desktop it is showing up fine (using it here).

Spoiler tags can be copied over from older posts, be edited, and work fine. But the button is gone for creating new spoilers.

Spoiler

If spoilers are enabled, they currently crash the site. So we are doing what we can to keep the site running until the problem is found.

• Brohoof 3

I was unable to access my PC since Monday, but now I'm finally back, so I could reconfigure the toolbar to add missing formatting buttons.

4 hours ago, Splashee said:

If spoilers are enabled, they currently crash the site. So we are doing what we can to keep the site running until the problem is found.

Huh? What do you mean? Is there something I should be aware of before adding the buttons back?

Edit: Okay I added back the buttons. Please let me know if the buttons would happen to align odd for anypony. I haven't added spoiler buttons, because I'm not sure what @Splashee meant and it would be hilarious terrible to break the forums. e-flowiepffrt.png.2594302fc75e1ed8fefc474fa6cd9e98.png

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Blank Status Updates

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed. 

As the question was asked and answered by either a staffer or user who was correct, we will be closing this question out. Thank you as always.