Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If There Are More Villain Reformations In G5?

EpicEnergy

One common criticism of G4 is the villain reformations. numerous villains and antagonists were reformed, arguably too many. To name some - Nightmare Moon, Discord, Tempest Shadow, The Pony of Shadows, Starlight Glimmer, and so forth. This brings up the questions, are more villains and antagonists going to be reformed in G5 and will there be too many villain/antagonist reformations? How would you respond to seeing it occur in G5?

As for me, I think there will be at least a few villain and antagonist reformations in G5, and my response to seeing it happen would depend on how many times it happens as well as how well they are executed.

• Brohoof 2

Let's start off with the movie.... If there is a villain, there will most likely be a reformation. A "Tempest"/"Sunset" kinda thing. Hasbro likes those.

Unless the villain is a one time monster, then it just gets destroyed.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be very shocked if there wasn't at least a couple over ANG's lifespan. After all, to echo @CloudMistDragon above, this is the future world of FIM; reformation and redemption are secondary themes of G5's predecessor. When they will take place? We'll find out.

• Brohoof 1

Obviously there will be reformations, I just hope they will be executed well and the ratio between the reformed antagonist to the antagonists who were not is balanced (we need some irreformable characters after all). As for the movie, I believe the antagonists there (if there are) will be reformed.

• Brohoof 1

Well, there most likely will be some villain reformation that happens throughout G5. My hope is that it will be executed well, and that not every villain gets reformed. One of my issues with G4's reformations is that they were constantly reforming villains (some of which being unnecessary), but then they decided to not reform the villain who I thought really deserved a second chance (CozyGlow). Again, I just hope that it isn't done every time and that when it is done, it is well executed.

• Brohoof 1

In accordance with the contract made between H-Bro and Lameass Studios, they need to have at least two redeemed pony villains with a tragic past that look and behave like the manest of the mane characters.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it kind of feels like the scope of G-5 won't be quite the same as G-4's...maybe?  I mean, figuring out how to uncork magic is a pretty big feat, and two of the five main characters are royalty. 

But at the same time, G-4 started with the mane six getting bonded to the Elements of Harmony, which put a major responsibility on them and elevated them to the point where they became an important part of Equestria, and the pilot made it clear they were going to stay that way.  That tied-to-the-world-ness of the mane six meant that they'd have big, powerful villains that they'd need to go up against.

I'm not sure G-5 is going to bind the main five to the world like that; even if they uncork magic for unicorns, pegasi, and even earth ponies...that might not actually place a permanent responsibility on their shoulders like the G-4 pilot did for the mane six.  G-5 may not even have villains of the same scope that G-4 did.

• Brohoof 1

Then it would mean that consistency has been upheld despite what has happened which resulted in Equestria becoming the way it is now.

• Brohoof 1

Reformations are going to be an inevitability in G5, which does make sense considering demographic. Reformations don't inherently bug me, but more so how they are handled and if they have a greater purpose than just an easy way of wrapping up a story. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Metal Brony 42 said:

It looks like all unicorns are evil, so we can expect 1/3 of the ponies to be reformed villains. :BornAgainBrony:

*smiles and nods* 

*whispers*

Spoiler

Things have been revealed that make things look different...

• Brohoof 2

Considering they didn't even try to reform a literal child and instead basically executed her, I don't think that was ever a fair complaint.

Speaking of said child, she should get the redemption she always deserved in G5.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-20 at 5:43 AM, FearTheBelle said:

Speaking of said child, she should get the redemption she always deserved in G5.

Who knows?  Centuries of loneliness might've made her more...pliable?  If she's willing to do what others want instead of what she wants, that could be the beginning of her learning enough virtues to be redeemed, but...the thing-that-I-just-described is the sort of thing that'd happen over a season, not over a two-parter.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-18 at 1:17 AM, EpicEnergy said:

To name some - Nightmare Moon, Discord, Tempest Shadow, The Pony of Shadows, Starlight Glimmer, and so forth.

Pony of Shadows was never reformed. Stydian was, but PoS was send back to Limbo. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, they didnt forgive Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, Cozy Glow, Pony of Shadow, Mean 6, Storm King. Most of them had brutal death scenes and the rest had fate worse than death. Are you not entertained? :eager::eager: 

Some lesser antagonists are reformed like Diamond Tiara, Trixie and some arent like Lightning Dust, Flim and Flam (conman forever), Suri Polome, Spoiled Rich, Gladmane (bid bad conman left the building).

And people still have problems with Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer to this day?:awwthanks: I dont visit this site as much nowadays.

G4 is alright. Not everyone get redemption, and the redeemers turned out to be the good characters so it’s alright.

Except EQG, dont mention EQG...:awwthanks:

• 3 weeks later...

I was not a fan of the number of reformed villains we got in G4 and I hope we don’t get as many in G5. Will it happen? Most certainly. I just hope that number is at least cut in half.

• Brohoof 1