Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Star Silk anything!

Ice Princess Silky

@Star Silk

It helped me avoid bears and other dangerous creatures, to defend myself against dangerous ponies and others. When you have to protect yourself, you have no time for anyone else. It's not really a life source, as it is a skill set that I've perfected for a very, very long time. *Slight stare* 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Magnolia said:

@Star Silk

It helped me avoid bears and other dangerous creatures, to defend myself against dangerous ponies and others. When you have to protect yourself, you have no time for anyone else. It's not really a life source, as it is a skill set that I've perfected for a very, very long time. *Slight stare* 

*Star Silk catches her stare and returns it with a slow, cool blink* 
Ah...
*falling silent for a moment, she'd realize the context of the practice*
You know, the other day, I was in the Everfree forest and I encountered a pony there named Vibrant Grove. He helped me to catch an evasive root that conceals itself in the dark and retreats from the sunlight. Sounds malicious. But it's actually just a completely different nature than to what we can understand...
*she offered a weak, comforting smile* I apologize for the misunderstanding...

• Brohoof 1

@Star Silk

Hmph. I see. I haven't heard of anything like that. I do think that you ponies that trap yourselves in your precious light find yourselves to be afraid of anything you don't understand, and you judge what you can't control or know of. While I, and those who are...worthy, investigate everything.

2 minutes ago, Magnolia said:

@Star Silk

Hmph. I see. I haven't heard of anything like that. I do think that you ponies that trap yourselves in your precious light find yourselves to be afraid of anything you don't understand, and you judge what you can't control or know of. While I, and those who are...worthy, investigate everything.

*Her ears pin down with guilt as she acknowledges that there is a polarity to nature and life and both should be appreciated, not just the light. That was literally what caused Luna to feel so abandoned and outshined. She'd lightly kick the floor with her hooves as she listens and then suddenly perks up to the last, patronizing words of Magnolia* H-hey now... that's not a really fair judgement. Sure, we get caught up in our fear of the unknown but surely you do not believe that one is superior to the other? That is literally what sparks the conflict to begin with. *gentle head-tilt*

• Brohoof 1

@Star Silk

I would take the unknown rather than the known any day of the week. While there is great danger, there is great reward. I never had friends, or family that cared about me. So I have to do what I can. I don't have an interest in the...light.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Starforce said:

@Star Silk

I would take the unknown rather than the known any day of the week. While there is great danger, there is great reward. I never had friends, or family that cared about me. So I have to do what I can. I don't have an interest in the...light.

*She smiles, a pegasus deeply fascinated by magic* Magic is always interesting. Even the non-unicorn type! So... That is a fair assessment. Perhaps I will study more of both so that it is not so imbalanced or biased. 

Edited by Star Silk
  • Brohoof 1

@Star Silk

How can a pegasus do magic?

*shifts uncomfortably in place, draping her cloak over her shoulders to conceal her wings* I... uh.. they can't. *awkward smile*

*she sits and her cutie mark can be revealed through the fabric for just a moment* But there are other ways to try. Potions. Charms. Belief. The world is a mysterious place. With so many enchanting things. We can always try to pursue what we love even if it isn't perfect. 
Also, science has a way and a power in its own right...

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Are you into Star Wars?  Or any action movies?  

Oh my gosh I LOVE STAR WARS!!! The Principles of the Jedi are ones I even try to apply to my life 

4 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Are you into Star Wars?  Or any action movies?  

In fact, Emerald and I talked as we made your banner. We loved how Fluttershy was positioned behind Octavia via the angle so that despite being in the same shot they didn't look side by side. She's shyly in the back but still bright and looking motivated!

I was happy to see you merging MLP with Star Wars. You rock! 

@Star Silk

Hmph. I don't know anything about any of that stuff. *Magnolia grunts*

*frowns a little to the closed mindedness of it*
Well, I highly advise you look into the other side of the coin. It's all about balance and the dance of night and day, no? Light and dark?

Moments ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Any chance you love flying:( a Rebel Alliance Y-wing?  

*giggles, adjusting her cloak to conceal her wings even more* N-no, I'm sorry *she was polite in declining* .. I can't even fly my own wings without getting dizzy from the heights and anxieties. *shyly*

1 minute ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Do you think EG Sweetie Belle flying a TIE Interceptor as a squadron leader of the very mentioned ship sounds dangerous?  

Sweet Celestia! What are you saying?! Fine -- I'll join you... I don't advise that you keep it that way D: 

@Star Silk

Magnolia smiles evily. 

You are full of ideas aren't you? Don't mind if I look into that myself, I can become more versed in my capability...

*she smiles warmly, encouraging of Magnolia's spirit and ambition, any malice in her smile was completely overlooked due to Star Silk's hope for the mare to improve* 

Perfect! Maybe we can meet in my plant lab where I brew some alchemy...

• Brohoof 1

@Star Silk

Perhaps. Although, this is more of my style...

Magnolia pulls out a large black scroll book labeled Arts of the Shadows, Volume 12

*her eyes light up with amazement* Ohhhh
Wow.....

*she tries to peer into the book to learn more*

@Star Silk

It is very complex stuff, mostly about shadow shifting and shadow arts in general. Magnolia grins. "Do you like what you see?"

It was always joked that Star Silk's element would be the element of curiosity had she had been an alicorn. Her blue eyes would lift to meet Magnolia's eager ones before dropping back down to the esoteric writings below. "Hmmm... it all very interesting. Though, I can't say I'm familiar with this method. Maybe you know something I don't?"

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Starforce said:

@Star Silk

Magnolia moves forward and shows Star Silk her hooves. Her horn glows black and her hooves turn into black smoke before going back to normal. "That." she said with a snort. 

*innocent head tilt*